Update: The Goodyear LS-2s were taken off and swapped for Michelins yesterday...I had time to run the truck today up on the highway. What a difference!! The truck runs nice, smooth and quiet....until you take it over 70MPH!!!! ITS STILL SHAKING :dunno: ........I talked to the dealer and let them know the vibrations are still present...in a weird way I actually feel bad for the dealer in that GM left them holding a leaky bag with SOME of these trucks. The dealer told me they did a traditional balance because they do not have the road force balancer.

Based upon my latest vibration test, I am convinced its something related to wheel speed however not necessarily the tires. (See the red spike on the attached pic in the 800 RPM range at 75mph.) That spike is on the X-Axis meaning it is a shake from left to right, (driver side to passenger side).

I may pop the wheels off and check the runout on the hubs and rotors with a dial indicator. Can anyone think of anything else that spins at wheel speed that I could easily check while I have it apart? I am open for suggestions!!

I think your on the right track by using a dial indicator, however I would check run out on the wheels first then the hubs. Check your driveshaft run out too if you can rig some kind of fixture. I bought a new Ford F150 in 1984, it had a nagging vibration, dealer was no help, I suspected the driveshaft, had a driveline shop inspect, it was bent and the balance weights were 180 degrees off, $100 took care of it. Only other issue I can think of would be a torque converter out of balance.......best of luck.

Edited by beetle

I think your on the right track by using a dial indicator, however I would check run out on the wheels first then the hubs. Check your driveshaft run out too if you can rig some kind of fixture. I bought a new Ford F150 in 1984, it had a nagging vibration, dealer was no help, I suspected the driveshaft, had a driveline shop inspect, it was bent and the balance weights were 180 degrees off, $100 took care of it. Only other issue I can think of would be a torque converter out of balance.......best of luck.

I know it came up in this thread that there were possibly a batch of bad wheels or driveshafts. I forgot to mention that I did check the runout on the driveshaft and wheels and they were all spinning true. Obviously I wasn't able to check the balance on the driveshaft at home, but since my tires have been replaced all is well! I got a chance to get out the past few days and put some miles on the truck with the new tires and rebalance....its still good no vibrations!

I know it came up in this thread that there were possibly a batch of bad wheels or driveshafts. I forgot to mention that I did check the runout on the driveshaft and wheels and they were all spinning true. Obviously I wasn't able to check the balance on the driveshaft at home, but since my tires have been replaced all is well! I got a chance to get out the past few days and put some miles on the truck with the new tires and rebalance....its still good no vibrations!

Glad you found the solution.

My local dealer fixed a vibrating truck by replacing the front right cv joint.(I think that what they are still called) Unfortunately that wasn't the case with my truck, but may be with those of you who feel the vibration in the steering wheel.

Well, my truck is still in the shop for the vibration. Guess they will do software update on while its there. News said that there has been 8 fires so far.'mostly while ideling in frigid temps.

But back to the shake. The loaner I have has 20" continentals on it. Vibe hasn't been bad at all till this morning on my way to work. About 75 mph it was shakin pretty bad. Put it in neutral. That didn't change anything. Shop foreman at the dealer told me last week that the tires get flat spotted sitting overnight and have to get heated up. My 2010 didn't vibe in the mornings. Someone please edumicate on this

Well, my truck is still in the shop for the vibration. Guess they will do software update on while its there. News said that there has been 8 fires so far.'mostly while ideling in frigid temps.

But back to the shake. The loaner I have has 20" continentals on it. Vibe hasn't been bad at all till this morning on my way to work. About 75 mph it was shakin pretty bad. Put it in neutral. That didn't change anything. Shop foreman at the dealer told me last week that the tires get flat spotted sitting overnight and have to get heated up. My 2010 didn't vibe in the mornings. Someone please edumicate on this

That's bs... My mustang with soft drag radials in summer don't get flat spots sitting for a month

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

This definitely happens. Not so much in the summer but definitely the winter. Should stop after a couple miles...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

My dealer gave me a bunch of shit today about having to test ride the truck and it won't be looked at till Thursday or later because of my vibration... And get this, they said mine was the first to come in for this reason... yea...

I ended up going straight to Goodyear and they force balanced the tires and found one wasn't able to be balanced at all. Plus 3 out of the 4 were WAY off. Tire will be in tomorrow and replaced under warranty without going through the dealers crap. The tire machine said the tire was balanced, but then they ran it they told me to watch because it was so bad. The machine was literally shaking laterally side to side and the machine said the tire was good at the same time... Even with the 1 tire still terrible, my vibration is almost gone, and tolerable how it is. In and out in 30 minutes and I hope this solves my problem.

Take your trucks to Goodyear direct and you will be taken care of immediately and then you can almost rule out the tires if your still having problems.

My vibration was between 72-85 mph

Edited by 20Bowtie14