Update: MY TRUCK IS FINALLY FIXED!!! Am I allowed to say what each dealer did and can I mention them by name on this forum? Not that I want to turn this into a dealer bash session but at this point I gotta vent!

I would like to know what your fix ended up being.

First Step: Back to dealership where the truck was purchased to rebalance the GY LS-2's on standard balancer. They left the old wheel weights on and added more weights but still vibrated.

Second Step: Went to a local tire shop for Road Force balance still vibrated. All weights were removed and all new installed, still vibrated.

Third Step: Back again to the dealership where the truck was purchased, had GY LS-2's replaced with Michelins. They again left the existing weights on the wheels, respun on a standard balancer and added more weights, still vibrated. (I won't even talk about the attitude and disrespect I had to deal with or the condition of the truck when I got it back.) I dropped the truck there on (2) different days for 8+ hours each time.

Fourth Step: Found a new dealer with a RF balancer. Waited in the waiting room, (2) hours later no more vibrations! Smooth as glass all they way up to well over 75 MPH!!!

The second dealer was VERY professional and explained exactly what they found on the RF machine. The right front wheel being the worst had 35lbs of road force. The other wheels had 8lbs, 18lbs and 19lbs of road force.

So I guess in the end the Goodyears were no good and unable to be properly balanced with a RF machine. The Michelins, though not balanced properly from the first dealer were able to be balanced by a properly trained tech. As it stands I am extremely happy with my truck now!!

• Like 1

Wow I'm happy for u...I went through hell too w the dealer..but i have the michilins now and never been so happy to drive the truck at any speed and no vibration or shake whatsoever...

Congrats to u glad Ur done w the shake)

Believe me I am too quickvert1! If anyone wants the name and number to my GM rep I will provide it to you. If everyone uses the the same rep it could possibly expedite the process.

The key is to not let these dealers / parts changers tell you its in your head because its not. If something is vibrating there is a reason!

That's great, you gotta be happy to have that behind you.

Let me ask you guys this...I've got about 6k miles on my truck, been great. I feel a small vibration in the floor, gas pedal starting about 67 up through maybe 75-80. Above that is seems to quit. I don't think it's anything like you all describe, or it just hasn't bothered me as much. I mentioned it to the dealer when I had it in for service and they road force balanced the tires. 11, 11, 15 and 9 lbs. added 1/2 oz to 2 of the tires. It's better than it was, but I still notice it. Probably just because I'm looking for it. Honestly, had I not read this forum I probably wouldn't notice. It's a very rhythmic vibration. I can feel it for a couple seconds, then quits for a couple seconds, then does it again. Over and over down the highway. Looks like there are a number of folks with different issues and probably not all the same thing.

18 inch Goodyear RS-A's. Same deal or no?

Edited by RM4665

I too have that rythmic vibration, but I think thats because its spinning at such a low RPM as the truck is being pushed along. I would describe it as more of an audible not physical vibration. If I put mine in M5 it seems to go away. I can live with that, just turn up the radio lol! It reminds me of riding on an airplane once it reaches altitude and they throttle it back...you just have a constant rythmic drone if that makes sense...

My issue before was that I couldn't put my head on my headrest without my eyes bouncing around...

• Like 1

I been on and following this thread since the beginning I also have a mechanical engineering degree. So here is my take. There are mainly two completely different vibrations which are not related to each other being posted here.

The first is obviously the higher speed vibration which seems to be related to improper wheel balancing. These new trucks are using higher strength steel and are more sensitive to Harmonic vibrations then ever before. Having your wheels and tires perfect is a must.

The second is a audible vibration caused by the cylinder deactivation and exhaust. I bought one of the first in the area and had no issues concerning this until I had a computer update. Mostly felt when the motor is at a low rpm for that particular gear. I blame this on our governments mpg/emission laws.

There are a few random problems mixed in the forum as well, (This is to be expected with any manufacturer) that resulted in a vibration.

Hopefully GM will pull their heads out of their ars and fix these issues.

As I mentioned before in earlier post my worst problem is hauling a light trailer. I think it's the tire problem magnified. Just haven't had time to go back to the dealer with the trailer attached.

Edited by Szyikowski

That's great, you gotta be happy to have that behind you.

Let me ask you guys this...I've got about 6k miles on my truck, been great. I feel a small vibration in the floor, gas pedal starting about 67 up through maybe 75-80. Above that is seems to quit. I don't think it's anything like you all describe, or it just hasn't bothered me as much. I mentioned it to the dealer when I had it in for service and they road force balanced the tires. 11, 11, 15 and 9 lbs. added 1/2 oz to 2 of the tires. It's better than it was, but I still notice it. Probably just because I'm looking for it. Honestly, had I not read this forum I probably wouldn't notice. It's a very rhythmic vibration. I can feel it for a couple seconds, then quits for a couple seconds, then does it again. Over and over down the highway. Looks like there are a number of folks with different issues and probably not all the same thing.

18 inch Goodyear RS-A's. Same deal or no?

Hmm..my road force was very high with 2 tires..

The goodyears are not the greatest. .

Went for a test drive last weekend in another truck w those tires and I felt vibration..lol..but my brother wasn't buying that one anyway

It's amazing how many times you hear about people having their tires balanced several times and they are still wrong. When someone has work done to a vehicle it would be nice to trust the shop knows what they are doing. Someone should start a thread for reliable tire shops, rather it be a dealer or not. People could post names and locations of tire shops they've been to and recommend.

I too have that rythmic vibration, but I think thats because its spinning at such a low RPM as the truck is being pushed along. I would describe it as more of an audible not physical vibration. If I put mine in M5 it seems to go away. I can live with that, just turn up the radio lol! It reminds me of riding on an airplane once it reaches altitude and they throttle it back...you just have a constant rythmic drone if that makes sense...

My issue before was that I couldn't put my head on my headrest without my eyes bouncing around...

Got to thinking about this on the way home last night. If it were the case, I would think it'd go away if I put the truck in neutral while rolling down the highway. Gave it a shot and it still did it, about 67-75mph. Comes and goes in a consistent rhythm. In that scnerio the trucks not being pushed along anymore.... Am I right? Does that put the cause in something from the transmission back?

Hello everyone. I am having a very subtle vibration as well, it is in the steering wheel, gas pedal, headrest and i feel when sitting in the passenger seat from the floor. It is a silverado crew cab v8 short box. I felt it on the test drive and told the sales man he said he felt it too, tried to get another truck but did not have another black available (or so they said). He had me drive another one with 20" wheels and different tires on it, i have 18" wheels with goodyears on it. Had the truck for two weeks now and find myself enjoying it except on the highway. took it back to the dealer and they said that the road force was good on all the tires and that hey used some vibration analysis tool that gm had and 20 or lower was good while driving, and my truck was 11. I was an auto tech for five years (lexus and jaguar) and have a degree in automotive technology, and it seems like bad tires to me, they are saying they are good, anyone have these tires and get them replaced. Service manager also told me if i was not happy they would bring i the field service engineer and he has all this special tools to narrow it down. this is my first chevy and i can say i am disappointed thus far, has anyone gone down this road yet and if so was it resolved for you?

thanks Mike

Hello everyone. I am having a very subtle vibration as well, it is in the steering wheel, gas pedal, headrest and i feel when sitting in the passenger seat from the floor. It is a silverado crew cab v8 short box. I felt it on the test drive and told the sales man he said he felt it too, tried to get another truck but did not have another black available (or so they said). He had me drive another one with 20" wheels and different tires on it, i have 18" wheels with goodyears on it. Had the truck for two weeks now and find myself enjoying it except on the highway. took it back to the dealer and they said that the road force was good on all the tires and that hey used some vibration analysis tool that gm had and 20 or lower was good while driving, and my truck was 11. I was an auto tech for five years (lexus and jaguar) and have a degree in automotive technology, and it seems like bad tires to me, they are saying they are good, anyone have these tires and get them replaced. Service manager also told me if i was not happy they would bring i the field service engineer and he has all this special tools to narrow it down. this is my first chevy and i can say i am disappointed thus far, has anyone gone down this road yet and if so was it resolved for you?

thanks Mike

The tires are the culprit..u need to get new ones..get a second opinon.another dealer or someone u know and trust..most dealers are liars
  • Like 1