As I said before, cheap Chinese made rotors and drums that they undoubtedly use may not even have been balanced. Unbalanced rotors and drums will cause unpleasant vibration that cannot be corrected by balancing the wheels unless it is done on the vehicle.

Also, drive shafts must be properly balanced too. If they are made in China, how do you know they are?

Edited by pm26

These vehicles do not have brake drums. The brake rotors are made in Tennessee.

They do not have brake drums? Did GM switch to rear disc brakes on the 2014 models?

I am just trying to come up with possible causes for vibration other than wheels/tires. Both rotors and drums need to be properly balanced.

They do not have brake drums? Did GM switch to rear disc brakes on the 2014 models?

I am just trying to come up with possible causes for vibration other than wheels/tires. Both rotors and drums need to be properly balanced.

Disc brakes on all four wheels for 2014.

Mike

Update: Called the dealer yesterday to check on my truck and they said the tech and service manager drove it and do not feel anything! (Same thing they said a few weeks ago) Made the server manager drive it with me again and again he said he can feel it and cannot deny that there is a vibration. Again told me not much he can do until something brakes but after talking some more he said he would order a new drive shaft even though he doesn't think it is the drive shaft. I also do not believe it is the drive shaft because I can now feel it at all speeds. I could even feel it in the dealers parking lot. Starting to feel like the engine or transmission is going to go out but they do not really care. GM customer service has been absolutely no help after numerous messages and even a direct call to them. District representative told me they have service representatives at the dealer to work with the customer and that they basically can't do anything. They will just follow up with the dealer.

My advice to everyone would be not to ever buy a new car. I guarantee if this truck was out of warranty and money could be made they would know the problem and be more than willing to charge to fix. They expect you to drive a brand new $40k truck that only drives or runs 80% correct and find it acceptable. The auto maker/dealer business may be the most unethical business in the country.

Side note: The National Highway Traffic Safety Board investigator contacted me about the Ford F150 Ecoboost I dumped to get this CHEVY lemon because the ecoboost kept shutting down on me (known issue with ecoboost). Ford is under investigation because of the thousands of complaints and numerous lawsuits for the Ecoboost. Plus my father in laws F150 transmission just blew after 25,000 miles. DO NOT BUY A FORD EITHER, LOL.

Edited by ryun911

ryun911, on 09 Jan 2014 - 08:35, said:

Update: Called the dealer yesterday to check on my truck and they said the tech and service manager drove it and do not feel anything! (Same thing they said a few weeks ago) Made the server manager drive it with me again and again he said he can feel it and cannot deny that there is a vibration. Again told me not much he can do until something brakes but after talking some more he said he would order a new drive shaft even though he doesn't think it is the drive shaft. I also do not believe it is the drive shaft because I can now feel it at all speeds. I could even feel it in the dealers parking lot. Starting to feel like the engine or transmission is going to go out but they do not really care. GM customer service has been absolutely no help after numerous messages and even a direct call to them. District representative told me they have service representatives at the dealer to work with the customer and that they basically can't do anything. They will just follow up with the dealer.

My advice to everyone would be not to ever buy a new car. I guarantee if this truck was out of warranty and money could be made they would know the problem and be more than willing to charge to fix. They expect you to drive a brand new $40k truck that only drives or runs 80% correct and find it acceptable. The auto maker/dealer business may be the most unethical business in the country.

Side note: The National Highway Traffic Safety Board investigator contacted me about the Ford F150 Ecoboost I dumped to get this CHEVY lemon because the ecoboost kept shutting down on me (known issue with ecoboost). Ford is under investigation because of the thousands of complaints and numerous lawsuits for the Ecoboost. Plus my father in laws F150 transmission just blew after 25,000 miles. DO NOT BUY A FORD EITHER, LOL.

Your comments are well noted. I have been hanging onto my '06 Silverado which has been practically trouble free from the start because I am woried about geting a lemon. My neighbor was wise enough not to buy a new F150 with the Ecoboost turbo engine because of all the complaints he read about them. He opted for the 5.0 V8. At least he did his homework before buying one.

Hopefully you will get your truck fixed to your satisfaction. It is always costly to trade vehicles so early, especially with sticker prices like they are today. Gone are the days when you could trade something in after one year and lose only $ 1500 or so. In 1989 I bought a new Ford Ranger XLT extended cab V6 pickup for $ 8900. I drove it for a year, invested $ 600 in a topper, then traded it in a year later with 30k miles and got $ 8k on trade and a great price on the new vehicle too. Those were the days when dealers were happy to make $ 1000 on a vehicle sale. Now they try to steal your trade shamelessly so they can resell it for at least $ 4k profit.

BTW, I think that all the hype about "Ecoboost" engines being the 8th wonder of the world is crap. I had a new Ford Escape with the Ecoboost engine as a rental vehicle in California about a year ago. The performance of the small 2 liter 4 cylinder turbo engine was marginal at best and mileage was only about 20 MPG overall. I really fail to see how they come up with these fictitious 30 MPG higheway ratings on these vehicles. I did not abuse the vehicle and did not speed either. My 1989 Ford Ranger would deliver the same mileage for about 1/4 the price of this one. And it did not perform any worse either.

Edited by pm26

Question, my oil pressure is staying to drop to 18-20 at red lights. I'm pretty sure it was always steady around 40 before. Is this normal???? I'm certain the engine is running abnormally and causing my issue.

Drop in oil pressure at idle is pretty normal on all vehicles. Do not be alarmed. As long as the oil pressure immediately increases to near full value around say 1,500 RPMs, you should be OK. On my 85 Mercedes 300 turbo diesel, the oil pressure at idle drops from 3 bars (approx 45 psi) to 1.5 bars (22.5 psi). It immediately rises to 3 bars at 1,500 RPMs and higher. This is perfectly normal according to Mercedes Benz.

If you are still concerned you can request your dealer to perform an oil pressure test by connecting a gauge directly to the engine. This bypasses a potentially inaccurate oil pressure sender and gauge and is the only sure way to get correct engine oil pressure readings.

Edited by pm26

I have decided that if and when my dealer says I'm just stuck with it. I will make a giant picket sign. And spend every min that they are open and that I'm not at work walking in front of the dealership with my sign. Have some friends in local media. I can make well known about the problems with the truck and the company.

By he way, in my third loaner truck now. They all have a little shake to them too. But not as bad as mine is

I have decided that if and when my dealer says I'm just stuck with it. I will make a giant picket sign. And spend every min that they are open and that I'm not at work walking in front of the dealership with my sign. Have some friends in local media. I can make well known about the problems with the truck and the company.

By he way, in my third loaner truck now. They all have a little shake to them too. But not as bad as mine is

Time for GM to introduce a "minimum vibration " package. Contents: High quality tires from a well known manufacturer with no greater than 10 lbs road force variation, mounted on high quality rims, and balanced by a professionally trained personnel on a properly calibrated state of the art wheel balancer. Also road tested with vibration detection equipment connected to ensure that no vibration in excess of maximum acceptable level is present. In addition, certified 4 wheel alignment, properly balanced high quality drive shaft and brake rotors installed. Would you pay $ 350 extra for something like that? I would.

I don't think it take but 5 min of picketing a dealership before a sales manager was all about fixing your problem and making you happy. With social media these days, that kind stuff spears fast and wide in a hurry.

I paid 45k for a truck, the son of a bitch shouldn't vibrate. I don't remember my 85 chevette vibrating. And that was the biggest piece of shit I've ever had. No I'm not adding an option for something that they should already do

I paid 45k for a truck, the son of a bitch shouldn't vibrate. I don't remember my 85 chevette vibrating. And that was the biggest piece of shit I've ever had. No I'm not adding an option for something that they should already do

Haha, I remember back in 1984 when I got my first full time job, a guy who worked with me at the same plant bought a new 1984 Chevette. It was a completely base car, did not even have power brakes or power steeering. And forget such luxuries as automatic transmission, A/C, power windows, or rear defroster. I think it had a factory AM radio and a heater. It cost just over $ 5k new. It was good for something like 80 or 85 MPH with the gas pedal on the floor.

BTW that "minimum vibration" option was just a sarcastic comment. It should be standard equipment. GM knows that.

Edited by pm26

Update: After a call in to Customer Service (I would recommend calling instead of using this forum to contact them) a customer service rep with the dealer called and at first was very rude and unwilling to help. He said he would talk to the Service Manager and get back to me. They have decided to purchase a vibration analysis tool and test the truck with this device. The first dealersip (one of purchased it from) used this same tool a few weeks ago and determined a faulty fuel pump was causing the vibration and replaced it. Funny thing is, they never mentioned this to me but i found it on the paperwork. They only told me about the two new tires they put on. Since this new fuel pump the problem has actually gotten worse. Bringing in the truck Monday after work and will update everyone as soon as I hear something. My money is that they have no training on this tool and will just say the vibration is "normal" .

I did take several videos today on a brand new stretch of asphalt highway with the cruis set at 75mph. The video shows my water bottle in the console vibrating significantly and also my passenger seat and the things i had in the seat. I also reset the fuel economy and took video of the truck only getting 17 miles per gallon on brand new asphalt and the cruise set. I was getting much much higher before and the last tank only averaged 14.9 mpg.

I have also started experiencing the drive seat movement that others have reported but this is a small issue to me, just wanted to document it for everyone.