biggspell you make no sense.

Totally agree with the above. So what your telling the forum is that your dealer is the consumate road force tire balancer and if they aren't, you refuse to take it elsewhere to check the balance since it's under warranty.

I've heard it all now!

Mike

I think he is saying the dealer should be competent enough to balance a tire.

Strangely enough though, it seems they aren't. Last time I had tire issues I brought it to the dealer to fix (had a slow leak) and they never repaired it. Just kept telling me there was no leaks by doing a dunk test. Brought it somewhere else to have the tire remounted and sealed, never leaked again.

Believe it or not I have a great dealer whose service manager / department, owner are second to none. They are working with me to get this issue resolved and at the same time we are building a case. I'm not going anywhere else and drop additional coin at this point. I'm not posting here to argue with anyone I have better things to do. By the way, the service manager informed me that the GM Technical guy has been hearing of these issues and a bulletin should be coming out shortly. The Tech. said they have been replacing the drive shafts for the cure. The service manager has ordered one including the yoke and this will be overnighted to him. Hope this works..

Made an appointment with service today, They said it is normal to do this. Something to do with the active fuel management on the v8. But I have a v6 in base model when I told him this he was kind of dumbfounded as he didn't think my truck had the cylinder deactivation. We will see what they have to say when I bring it in thursday

Made an appointment with service today, They said it is normal to do this. Something to do with the active fuel management on the v8. But I have a v6 in base model when I told him this he was kind of dumbfounded as he didn't think my truck had the cylinder deactivation. We will see what they have to say when I bring it in thursday

Yes it does... http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/chevrolet/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2013/Jun/0619-silverado-v6-fe.html

Update: The truck is back at the dealer as of this morning, i'm still chasing the vibration issue. I was told they are putting on a vibration analyzer to see what is vibrating at speeds above 70mph. I was also told by the service manager that there was a case at another dealership in south jersey where switching to Michelins cured the high speed vibrations on a 2014. I currently have the oem Goodyear LS-2's on the oem 20" wheels, the truck now has 2900 miles on the clock. I also asked the dealer to look into the high pitched squeel coming from the 4wd switch when the truck is put into auto or 4wd. I will report back with updates as always once I get the truck back. After reading this forum, does it seem that most with vibration issues live in the Northeast?

Im not going to get too excited about the tire swap yet, but it seems that the dealer has found the same thing that I found in regard to the actual RPM where this truck is vibrating. I didn't have time to type all this earlier in my previous update...

I used to work for a major yacht builder that used meters for vibration analysis so I got to thinking... A quick internet search and I found an Iphone App called "vibration". The app did cost me $4.99 but at this point I think its worth it. I started the app, ran the truck to 75MPH and took a 40 second reading while holding the speed constant at 75MPH with cruise control. (I did this prior to taking the truck into the dealer today.) The app will output in HZ or RPM whichever you choose. I found the highest spike at around 800 RPM at 75 MPH as you can see in the photo. There are (2) other high spikes in the photo, (1) around 1600 RPM (Engine) another around 2400 RPM (Driveshaft) After some quick math I determined that the 800 RPM vibration is wheel / tire / axle speed related and the most pronounced.

I was skeptical at first, however after using this app, I found out that it is actually VERY sensitive to even the smallest vibration. And no, this isn't an infommercial for the vibration app. It is just something that I found, used and passed along in hopes of helping others in the group as I know first hand how frustrating this issue is...I am supposed to pick up the truck tomorrow with the michelins...we shall see if its fixed...if anyone does download the app and can't figure it out pm me...its more intimidating than it looks....my only advice would be to take the longest data reading of 40 seconds as its easier on the eyes to read. Also hold your speed at a constant once you get your vehicle up to the speed where the vibration is felt, then start your data recording...

If nothing else this bit of information may be able to point you in the right direction...

post-125975-0-18851200-1389050511_thumb.jpg

Svtkidd...by the looks of that graph you were taking a measurement while getting the truck up to 65mph. The key for vibration analysis is to hold a constant speed and then take the reading. I see on the graph you have a lot going on in the 3500-5000 rpm range...someone correct me if i'm wrong but the only thing on the truck spinning that fast would be the motor...unless u were doing somewhere around 160 mph then maybe a driveshaft...