well good news today:) :ughdance:

continentals came of for brand new Michilin LTX M/S2 tires...

No more vibration or shake :ughdance::chevrolet:

I will be driving truck more on the weekend to say its def gone but few miles on highway to my house i didnt notice anything...Does ride a little harsher w the michilins but its a truck and the tires look more aggressive and look like truck tires not like the contis that looked like caddy tires

Edited by quickvert1
  • Like 1

quickvert1: glad to hear the LTX may be the fix. Been running them for years, road and in and out of rough STex pastures. All good.

P.S. if they ever get the Bilsteins in 5100 for the '14s going, they will take out that harshness you mentioned. Firm, controlled but not harsh.

Edited by STex

I'm having similar problems, I have a 2014 double cab 4x4 v6 sierra. I'm having a problem where the truck shakes at low Rpms in what feels to be high gear (around 45mp, it feels like the truck is struggling as if you were driving a standard car at very slow speed and in top gear). I also noticed that going down hill my tach bounces up and down about 500rpm.

well good news today:) :ughdance:

continentals came of for brand new Michilin LTX M/S2 tires...

No more vibration or shake :ughdance::chevrolet:

I will be driving truck more on the weekend to say its def gone but few miles on highway to my house i didnt notice anything...Does ride a little harsher w the michilins but its a truck and the tires look more aggressive and look like truck tires not like the contis that looked like caddy tires

Quickvert1, did the dealer put the Mechelins on or did you pay for them out of your own pocket?

I would like to report an encouraging development. I took my 2014 Z71 double cab into the dealership about two months ago to get the vibration problem looked at. They told me I had one tire out of balance which they said they rebalanced. Afterwards, I took it out on the highway but still had a slight vibration at 70-75. After reading all the post on this forum, I decided just to wait and see what happens. Well, over the last month or so, the vibration has completely stopped. 75 is smooth. Took it up to 85 yesterday. Still smooth as glass. I just turned over 3200 miles. I have no idea why the vibration has stopped. Tire wear, suspension breaking in, what??? Whatever has happened, I hope it is permanent.

As a side note, I have not experienced any other problems some folks have been reporting. No noise in rear end, dash is not warping, no rattles. This is the third Silverado in a row I have owned. I had a 2004, 08, now a 14. This truck is the best by far. It's tight, quiet, the 5.3 is kick ass and all electronics to include mylink works perfectly. I love this truck...as long as the vibration issue remains a non-issue.

• Like 1

I have he exact same problem as identified in Silver Spaceship's original post. 2014 Silverado, purchased in November, (Special Ordered it), 5.3, Ltz Crew Cab with 308 rear end. Noticed the vibration issue when I picked it up. Starts around 45 mph. Took it to the dealer and they balanced the tires. Did not fix the issue. Took it back and they did a road force balance, did not fix the problem. They said I had a bad tire, Goodyear. I worked out a deal to have them install Michelin LTX M/S 275/55/ R20, I paid the difference, between the Goodyears approx. $500.00. Did not fix the problem, returned to the dealer and they did a road force balance. Did not fix the issue. I'm taking it back again this morning.....

I have he exact same problem as identified in Silver Spaceship's original post. 2014 Silverado, purchased in November, (Special Ordered it), 5.3, Ltz Crew Cab with 308 rear end. Noticed the vibration issue when I picked it up. Starts around 45 mph. Took it to the dealer and they balanced the tires. Did not fix the issue. Took it back and they did a road force balance, did not fix the problem. They said I had a bad tire, Goodyear. I worked out a deal to have them install Michelin LTX M/S 275/55/ R20, I paid the difference, between the Goodyears approx. $500.00. Did not fix the problem, returned to the dealer and they did a road force balance. Did not fix the issue. I'm taking it back again this morning.....

Hmm... very interesting.

Mike

well just maybe that dealer cannot balance a tire. biggspell, try a good tire shop for a balance. where are you located? Does the dealer sell a lot of tires and thus balance often? Doubt it...

Good advice, that's what I would do.