Hi All,

I can understand the concern and frustration that everybody is experiencing. As we do work on a case by case basis for vehicle concerns, I would recommend working with your dealer to attempt to get your concerns addressed. If you have attempted to work with the dealership, and are still experiencing an issue, we would be happy to look into your situation further. We document each concern, and report it to the appropriate parties in order for them to work on vehicle fixes, and continue to better our products. If anyone would like assistance setting up a case and working with a dealership or would just like their vehicle concern documented within our system, feel free to PM us your full name, contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership.

Sincerely,

Jonathan A. (Assisting Jennifer)

GM Customer Care

We appreciate your reply BUT the dealers are waiting on GM to give THEM direction on this persistent problem....Can you not have the GM tech/engineers read this forum topic and surely they are smart enough to see they have a problem....Please do what you can to get the GM gurus involved and then they can inform the DEALERS about the possible fix! It seems that one arm of GM doesn't know what the other arm is doing and we keep running into a wall of "see your dealer, register a complaint, etc!" REMEMBER IT IS NOT THE LOYAL CUSTOMER'S RESPONSIBLITY TO FIGURE OUT A FIX - - IT IS GM'S RESPONSIBILITY TO ACT IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER AND GET THIS RESOLVED AND SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I dropped $1800.00 on new rims and tire and tps sensors and new tires had a road force balance done. Truck acts the same as before. I started this topic and from what I've been reading I don't think my issue is as bad as some. My steering wheel is good unless I pull a light aluminum trailer. What I really notice is a feeling in the seat, left to right and somewhat of a bounce at times but mostly a gyrating feel in the seat base. The other day I was going down a hill that I go down at least once a day and I left of the gas and the truck bounced like I had flat spots on the tires. Funny thing is it wasn't like that before the hill or after. It almost seemed like it had to do with coasting under low rpm's. I really like to get this figured out because I'm afraid to sell my old tires and rims incase GM does decide to fix this and blames my issue on my aftermarket rims and tires. I was banking on it being tires and selling the old ones to help pay for the new, so now I still have an crappy riding truck and I'm broke!

I constantly analyze my truck while driving and since the tire and rims weren't the issue I think it's not just one thing but possibly a combination of many. GM said they made this frame stronger then the last right? They said it was lighter too. Then with mine I have the stiff Rancho shocks too. I think with the old trucks the frame might flex more and take up some of the road imperfections. Could this stiffer frame be like a tuning fork in a sense? Then why are they not all doing it, right? Well if you read the posts, people that notice it have test drove many (one guy drove 7 different trucks) and they all had a vibration including me (just tested one other). I think the people that feel it could get a someone else's truck that they feel is "smooth as glass" and feel the same thing that there own truck has.

Of coarse with any line of trucks there will be some vibrations from a tire or a wheel out of balance and new tires or a balance will fix. Not all the 14's that have a vibration are going to be the same issue but I think the majority are. Im not holding my breath that GM will fix this issue, after all they can't even seem to fix a loose seat cushion!

You bought even new wheels? Why? Rims are very easy to check for any problems when spun on a balancer. Assuming your tires are good quality and PROPERLY balanced, there must be some other root cause for the vibration issue. I mentioned before that some cheap rotors and brake drums are not even balanced and if they are not they could be a source of vibration too. Did you check your brake rotors for tell tale sign of metal being removed form the edge of rotor to balance it? And weights welded on the brake drums?

If it isn't brake rotors or drums, then I would start suspecting the vehicle frame for being the root cause. So they made it lighter? The only way you make a steel frame of certain dimensions lighter if you use the same steel is by making it thinner or removing extra bracing. Maybe GM is quiet because they already know that some trucks have frame issues?

Edited by pm26

We appreciate your reply BUT the dealers are waiting on GM to give THEM direction on this persistent problem....Can you not have the GM tech/engineers read this forum topic and surely they are smart enough to see they have a problem....Please do what you can to get the GM gurus involved and then they can inform the DEALERS about the possible fix! It seems that one arm of GM doesn't know what the other arm is doing and we keep running into a wall of "see your dealer, register a complaint, etc!" REMEMBER IT IS NOT THE LOYAL CUSTOMER'S RESPONSIBLITY TO FIGURE OUT A FIX - - IT IS GM'S RESPONSIBILITY TO ACT IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER AND GET THIS RESOLVED AND SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously brother you can make your point with out caps and bright bold rainbow colors.

Update:

Just got my truck back from the dealer (second dealer, third trip) this is the dealer I purchased it from and that did the first road force and replaced one tire. After three days they said two more had excessive road force and replaced them (not sure how they passed the first time). Driving two hours home and the problem is worse than before. Feels like a wheel is going to come off ant 80, you can see and hear my stuff in the back seat shaking. While stuck in traffic for an hour I could even feel it at 5-10 miles an hour.

One funny note: Under cause of vibration they listed a faulty fuel pump and replaced it. Service guy never said a single word about that. Just mentioned the section about the two new tires.

He also said his shop foreman and service manager drove the truck and that it drove "normally". It would take someone passed out on drugs not to feel this truck vibrate and shudder. I'm sure GM is aware of this issue and working with the dealers to cover it up or prevent addressing the real problem. Probably due to $$$$

1500 miles on the truck and I absolutely don't want it. Miserable to drive and I'm tired of playing this game!

I am filing a complaint and contacting a lawyer, this is ridiculous. GM will make you take this all the way to the end with a lawyer before they even offer to replace or buy back the truck.

I just picked up my 2014 chevy siverado LTZ few days ago and noticed a vibration also at 70 mph and did a search on google and found this:(

I really like the truck

I called GM made a complaint and made my first appt already for this saturday for a wheel balance

It has 20s...continental tires..any help appreciated

• Like 1

I bet this topic scares a lot of people. I had a bad shake in the seat/floor the first time I took it up over 70mph. Took it back to the dealer right away and they took care of it, no issues since(wheel balance they said). I sure hope they find a solution soon for the ones having this issue, this kind of nagging issue makes it real hard to enjoy that new truck smell.

Posted Yesterday, 12:23 AM

Just saw this.. GM this is just the beginning..Im glad we could save one.

Hey guys,

So after putting much thought into it, I decided to cancel my '14 Denali order.

I was really excited and eager to get it and it was due any day now, but looking at the recent threads and seeing how many people are having issues - everything from the sliding seats, warping dashes, vibrating hoods, uneven tailgates, vibrating back seats, etc...I just don't want to risk putting in $60k into this and then having to "live with the issues".

Now, I know some of you will say "you only see the negatives" and that may be true, but I don't feel right dropping that kinda coin and having to "live with it" or having a dealer try to fix something that shouldn't have to be fixed in the first place.

GMC's profit is about $12,000 per truck...they could have put a little more effort to ensure these things don't happen or hell...raise the price up and i'll gladly pay for it...I just don't want to live with the bullshit.

All in all, after much research...I'm most likely going to grab a '14 Ram Limited or wait a year and get a '15 Denali once they iron out the kinks.

A couple things: it isn't uncommon to have shaking on cold tires until they're warmed up, keep that in mind. Secondly, I noticed some vibrations SOMETIMES at certain speeds on my 2014, which now has nearly 6,000 miles. I have recently added new 20" rims and Michelin snow tires...I have not noticed any vibration since adding the new wheels and tires.

It is very possible the vibration people are experiencing is from the crappy tires & not the truck itself. Just throwing that out there.

The best way to eliminate wheels/tires as the root cause would be to have the dealer swap the wheels from another truck that does not have the vibration problem and test your truck with known good wheels.. This way you could at least eliminate one variable and start looking elsewhere.

Vibration prolblems are definitely among the most frustrating issues, especially when you cannot pinpoint the cause.

Edited by pm26

Ok..got to the dealer today for my vibration. .has 189 miles and continental tires.

The mechanic a friend of mine Thank god took very good care of my new ltz

He found tires off balance and 2 tires with bad road force so he ordered two new tires will be coming in soon

He drove it before anything performed couldn't believe how bad it shakes..badly between 60-70 mph..

Hopefully new tires fix it..

Ok..got to the dealer today for my vibration. .has 189 miles and continental tires.

The mechanic a friend of mine Thank god took very good care of my new ltz

He found tires off balance and 2 tires with bad road force so he ordered two new tires will be coming in soon

He drove it before anything performed couldn't believe how bad it shakes..badly between 60-70 mph..

Hopefully new tires fix it..

Hey quickvert1,

Keep us posted with how it is after you get your new tires! If you would like us to follow up with your dealer we would be happy to do so as well! Just PM us your name, contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership.

Sincerely,

Jonathan A.

GM Customer Care