MIne is a long bed. i dont know where it is made because it is still sitting at the dealership waiting to be fixed. They gave me a short bed to drive as a loaner, it vibrates. I have driven 7 2014 's so far, they have all vibrated, they were all short beds except mine.

I drove 7 as well and picked the best of them for my replacement and all 7 had the slight shake at speed. I picked the best of them, bought new tires and its good now. I think the added weight of my 10 plys might have made the difference?.. Idk?

Well I have an update.... After the dealer worked on mine three times and still had issues, I became very frustrated and started sending emails to every GM email address I could find along with posting my issues on every GM/Chevy social media page i could find. I detailed every date that they attempted to fix it and all the issues I had along the way. The very next morning I received a call from the general manager of the dealership and asked that I please come in and pick out a new replacement truck. He said some folks at GM were stirred up. About 20 mins later the owner of the dealership called me and apologized and said to come in also. The owner of the dealership was an awesome guy by the way. When I got there, I picked one out that I liked, but it was over 2k more than mine. The owner said he would swap me out even for my troubles. This one has 20 inch wheels with leather interior, my other one had 18 inch wheels and cloth. The best part of all, this one doesn't vibrate (so far). My dealership totally redeemed itself and I would honestly recommend them to anyone. I just hope all you other guys with issues can somehow get it worked out one way or another.

• Like 2

ive only read about 50 pages so far, is there a certain assembly timeframe that these are happening too i.e prior to XXX month etc?

I have seen most of the posts being from 2013-2014 so far.

ive only read about 50 pages so far, is there a certain assembly timeframe that these are happening too i.e prior to XXX month etc?

As hard as we have tried to establish a pattern or common denominator, there doesn't seem to be one. All different build dates, plant locations, and diagnoses. Wheels, tires, driveshafts, ring and pinion, all replaced. Some have had good luck, some have not.

So far, I have only read (in this thread) of 3 trucks being fully cured. One had the ring and pinion replaced, one installed new aftermarket wheels and tires, and one had several of the above symptoms worked on.

If there is anything in common with the trucks with vibration issues, we haven't found it yet. And neither have GM engineers.

Yet, it is apparent that ALL '14 Silverado/Sierras don't have the vibration problem, which makes it even more puzzling!

As hard as we have tried to establish a pattern or common denominator, there doesn't seem to be one. All different build dates, plant locations, and diagnoses. Wheels, tires, driveshafts, ring and pinion, all replaced. Some have had good luck, some have not.

So far, I have only read (in this thread) of 3 trucks being fully cured. One had the ring and pinion replaced, one installed new aftermarket wheels and tires, and one had several of the above symptoms worked on.

If there is anything in common with the trucks with vibration issues, we haven't found it yet. And neither have GM engineers.

Yet, it is apparent that ALL '14 Silverado/Sierras don't have the vibration problem, which makes it even more puzzling!

Yep weird. Test drove one this weekend and it vibrated. Test drove another one yesterday that didn't.

Well I have an update.... After the dealer worked on mine three times and still had issues, I became very frustrated and started sending emails to every GM email address I could find along with posting my issues on every GM/Chevy social media page i could find. I detailed every date that they attempted to fix it and all the issues I had along the way. The very next morning I received a call from the general manager of the dealership and asked that I please come in and pick out a new replacement truck. He said some folks at GM were stirred up. About 20 mins later the owner of the dealership called me and apologized and said to come in also. The owner of the dealership was an awesome guy by the way. When I got there, I picked one out that I liked, but it was over 2k more than mine. The owner said he would swap me out even for my troubles. This one has 20 inch wheels with leather interior, my other one had 18 inch wheels and cloth. The best part of all, this one doesn't vibrate (so far). My dealership totally redeemed itself and I would honestly recommend them to anyone. I just hope all you other guys with issues can somehow get it worked out one way or another.

Where did you find all the emails to send to? I think everyone would like to know and the rest of us can start also. Thanks

I agree. I would love to have a contact list so I can throw my hat in the ring. I haven't been through all the hoops most have had, but would like to put my best foot forward also.

Well the enclave fell through, but I still traded my vibrator in on a 2013 Traverse LTZ and love it.. No more vibrations, and ive still got my trusty 2007 2500hd with 217k on it, if I need a truck, Ive been cleansed and it feels grrrreat!!!

Well the enclave fell through, but I still traded my vibrator in on a 2013 Traverse LTZ and love it.. No more vibrations, and ive still got my trusty 2007 2500hd with 217k on it, if I need a truck, Ive been cleansed and it feels grrrreat!!!

Let me ask you this, if you didn't keep contacting GM in every possible way you could find, would you have received the same treatment from your dealership if you would have just walked in and talked to their General Manager and asked for a replacement.

Edit: Don't take this the wrong way, I am happy that you were able to get the replacement truck.

Edited by 14LTZZ71

Let me ask you this, if you didn't keep contacting GM in every possible way you could find, would you have received the same treatment from your dealership if you would have just walked in and talked to their General Manager and asked for a replacement.

Edit: Don't take this the wrong way, I am happy that you were able to get the replacement truck.

squeaky wheel gets the oil. If you complain long and loud enough someones feathers are gonna be ruffled and you'll be surprised by what they will do to shut you up. Word of mouth is almost 100% of a car dealerships marketing strategy.

Mine vibrates. Has been now since around the 1000km mark. I now have just over 3000km. It only vibrates when doing about 125-135km/h which is something like 75mph. I'm going to mention it when I go to the dealership for my first oil change, BUT I have recently installed aftermarket tires and rims and I'm sure they'll blame that for the vibration even though it vibrated with the stock tires.

My truck shipped with 17" base steel painted rims with General Tire Grabber HTS rubber. I swapped them out for 18" Eagle 050 rims wrapped with 275/65 General Grabber AT2 rubber.

After reading this forum, seems like there's nothing being done about it so I can say this will be the first and last GM truck I own simply due to the negligence GM has with safety and recall notices on their vehicles the past few years. I doubt they'll do anything about this issue until someone dies because of it.

More about my truck: Base Model Sierra Built in May 2014. 2wd Double Cab 6'5" box with tow package option. Vibration started around 1000km. The center console (fold down seat) shakes like crazy. To the point where it would spill a 3/4 full coffee or pop can. Steering doesn't really shake, just the seats.

Edited by RageMonkey

post-124055-0-44198000-1407416700_thumb.jpg