Well, I say I like the Ram..... but if it came right down to it, I don't know if I could make myself do it!!!

I've never owned anything but GM. I'm classic GM-Loyal. :thumbs:

I had a Dodge Dakota when I was 19 (10 years ago) but the Silverado has always been my dream truck. Bought my first one in 2007 which was a GMT900 series and it was ok....I had transmission problems at 80k miles and then the oil consumption issue developed around 95k miles. Faced with the prospect of replacing the engine, I went and test drove a Tacoma, an F150, and the 2014 Silverado. I just couldn't do Ford...I felt dirty sitting in the dealership. But really at the end of the day I was not impressed with the F150. I decided I didn't want to downsize to a Tacoma and I didn't like the Tundra at the time which was the previous body style. So I took a chance on Chevy again thinking they've turned a corner and there's no way I'd get another truck with the same problems my 2007 had. So far the worst thing with the 2014 for me has been the rust issue on the frame. The vibration comes and goes and I'm thinking it's tires but I'm not 100% sure....it's not bad enough to lose sleep over and as I posted above, it hasn't vibrated much at all this summer.

But I'm like you man I'm classic GM-loyal. My dad has owned a Silverado or a Suburban since 1995 so I've grown up around these trucks and their changes over the years. I want them to succeed and be better after the bailout. Silverados/Sierras are still the best looking trucks on the road in my opinion.

• Like 1

I think in your case and mine it's a tire issue. The seat shaking could be rear end related. But if that's the case then every truck I've owned for the last 20 plus years has had a rear end issue that didn't cause a performance problem.

I don't feel it's my responsibility to replace the tires on a new vehicle if they're not of good quality. The last road force balance number reported was 18. I think that's too high but the specs show the tire can be up to 24 before they are to be replaced.

Levi, the specs on the new trucks for RF since they are so sensitive is 19. The GMT900 Road Force spec was 24 but the new ones are lower. Not sure if your dealership received correct literature but you are basically at the high end of the tolerance for the new truck. Anything under 15 should be good. I have one at 17 and am still having issues. The rest are under 11.

I'm curious if any/many of the 3500HD's have this problem also. I just saw one and wow was it beautiful. He said it was a 2015 and like my 2014CC he had no issues with it. Black like my 1500 but 3500HD with the diesel and a lift kit to fit the larger wheels. Man what a beauty. It's just that I really don't have the use for a 3500HD very often and with the mileage being so good on my 1500 I'd have a hard time justifying it.

Edited by Mad Max

What about a shake in the wheel that was there a lot in the spring through June, and then has been mostly non existent up through now except the occasional cooler morning (60-70 degrees) where it will shake for about a mile down the interstate and then stop. Tires? I'm still thinking tires..........

Mine did this with the stock Continental tires; it stopped when I changed them to Michelins. Now smooth...

Those who are currently following this thread, if you still have vibration problems, please post where your truck was assembled and if you have a short or long bed.

I have a short bed crew cab assembled in Mexico.

The last time I spoke with a representative at GM they mentioned that they believe the problem is worse in the long bed trucks because of the two piece drive shaft.

Thank you for your participation.

MIne is a long bed. i dont know where it is made because it is still sitting at the dealership waiting to be fixed. They gave me a short bed to drive as a loaner, it vibrates. I have driven 7 2014 's so far, they have all vibrated, they were all short beds except mine.

To be more specific. my truck is a crew cab standard bed. The loaner is a double cab short bed. i have driven crew cab short bed and even a crew cab short bed high country. still vibrations and this is the low speed vibrations between 25-50mph. havent even tried 65mph+

Mine did this with the stock Continental tires; it stopped when I changed them to Michelins. Now smooth...

Yeah I have goodyear wrangler SR-A's. I'm cheap though and driving them until they wear down. Then I'm going with either Michelins or BF Goodrich. You get what you pay for with tires I've learned.

Yeah I have goodyear wrangler SR-A's. I'm cheap though and driving them until they wear down. Then I'm going with either Michelins or BF Goodrich. You get what you pay for with tires I've learned.

Certainly has been my experience.

The point is that some members in this forum ridiculed those who complained about these problems and asserted that only a very small number of trucks have this issue (without having any data to show of course). They encouraged others to buy these trucks without any hesitation, as there was supposedly very small chance of having a vibration problem (or any other problem). Looks like the probablity is quite high.

So your statement was pointless. If it was suppose to be sarcasm towards some of the other members it didn't work.

I purchased michelins because I hate the goodyear SRA's and didn't want to suffer through them. With the Goodyears the truck would shake a little and had an awful bounce after it sat awhile.

With the Michelins sometimes I still get a shake for about the first 1/4 to 1/2 mile after it sits for awhile then it's gone.

I do still get the vibration sensation in my accelerator and floorboards though but I have learned to live with it, I've got worse problems to deal with.

Edited by 14LTZZ71
  • Like 1

Well I am now joining in on this excitement.... I recently purchased my 2014 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 Crew Cab 1500 with the short box. I noticed a vibration that is noticed around 65+MPH, but felt most at 75-85MPH. I took it in for service for the recent recall ( 4x4 slipping from neutral or something of that sort ) and to have them see about the vibration. They called me ( Hiley GMC in Fort Worth, TX ) today to say the service was completed. I called back to see what the vibration was and to see what their fix ( after reading much of this post ) was. I finally was in contact with the service guy and they told me that GM was aware of the issue on all 4x4 truck and a fix is not yet available. I asked when he thought a fix would be rolled out and I was told most likely in the next 2-3 months... Geez.... My truck just rolled 1000 miles this weekend also.

Edited by CFlatt
  • Like 1

Good day all, my vibration still exists after 5 visits and the dealership has been instructed to not work on it anymore. I will admit mine isn't as bad as some in here and I only feel in the rear so a little easier to handle. GM Tech Support says its not that bad and to do nothing else, complete bull and taking it to another dealership.

The phone number for the GM Customer Support Executive department is 1-855-880-1500, please be advised they don't return phone calls either. I honestly think we need to start putting in BBB complaints and contacting the NHTSA about a possible safety issue since GM doesn't know whats causing it. Every BBB comnplaint has to be answered. This is truly getting old because every time they have the truck they are putting over 50 miles on it test driving it and not paying for the gas or filling up the truck.

Good day all, my vibration still exists after 5 visits and the dealership has been instructed to not work on it anymore. I will admit mine isn't as bad as some in here and I only feel in the rear so a little easier to handle. GM Tech Support says its not that bad and to do nothing else, complete bull and taking it to another dealership.

The phone number for the GM Customer Support Executive department is 1-855-880-1500, please be advised they don't return phone calls either. I honestly think we need to start putting in BBB complaints and contacting the NHTSA about a possible safety issue since GM doesn't know whats causing it. Every BBB comnplaint has to be answered. This is truly getting old because every time they have the truck they are putting over 50 miles on it test driving it and not paying for the gas or filling up the truck.

I think some people have more success contacting GM customer assurance online. They even have live chat.

As for the Executives Department, you know they don't want to hear our complaints because then they will have to deal with it. It's better to put on the blinders and ignore it. At least long enough to get their yearly bonus.

If GM engineers can't figure some of this stuff out what good are they, I think it's time for new recruits, with ideas that actually work on paper and on the vehicle.

Edited by 14LTZZ71

Giving I've only taken my truck in once to get serviced for said issue, would I benefit from opening a case with the BB over the vibration issue since they have told me no solution is available right now and I will be contacted once a solution is determined?