Yea but your problems stem from a less than adequate wheel balance and installation of wheels/tires. Most guys with issues are having vibrations with all factory stuff.

If the consensus is that if I get my wheels and tires remounted and balanced for the 3rd time, but make sure they are RF balanced to the teens, and weights are applied in multiple locations (by other posts, inside and out), and it'll make my steering wheel, seats, mirrors, and center console stop vibrating/shaking at 65+mph (i.e., what everyone else is experiencing here), then I'm all for it as the next step to getting to the root cause.

Thanks for the advice. It was a GM executive driven vehicle from Michigan. I maybe am being too picky. Every kind of truck is going to have a very slight vibration on the highway because it is a truck.

Seriously!?!?! That's GM's mentality on this particular issue!!

Dude, I hate to be this guy, but why would you buy the truck after you did research on the vibrations, knowing that vibrations don't start until a specified speed, not reach those speeds, and be fine with that test drive. Why did u not come back and re-test drive when you could get to those speeds????

Tell me about it. I already kicked myself black and blue about it. I hit 65 and up to 75 or so for a few seconds at a time on the freeway, lots of traffic, and no vibes felt. I also got it up to 75 (in a 55, salesman didnt mind) on a short stretch of smooth 2 lane on the test drive for a minute or so. No vibes at all.

I know now that it sometimes takes a minute or two for the vibe to really kick in mine, and the vibe in mine cycles on/off. Vibes for a few, then smooth for a bit, then vibes, repeat.

Why did I go ahead and buy? I didnt feel anything unusual. I realize now that the test drive was too short, and I shoulda, woulda, coulda. I thought I was being a cautious, informed buyer, but my testing procedure was flawed. Hopefully my screw up doesnt end up screwing me.

Update on mine. I dropped the truck off yesterday morning and GM sent an engineer to the dealership to look at the truck. They've order 4 new tires of a different type (not sure what kind). They tell me the swapped around different tire combos and that fixed it? They're also ordering the latest model drive shaft and will put it all in next week sometime when the stuff arrives (I guess they have a new drive shaft design). I opted to take my truck back at the very end of day yesterday but I wish I hadn't because the vibration / wobble issue is three times worse now than its ever been. I'm hoping that could be a good sign since if they were moving tires and rims around and if that made the problem much worse...maybe it is all tires? I dont know what else was done to the truck. I do think I'll call the dealer today and ask for a rental and they can keep my truck there as the ride quality right now is VERY bad and I can't imagine driving it like that until next week. So, it's going in for a 5th time now. It's becoming very difficult to stay positive here. I'm trying to keep in mind that if messing with tires yesterday mad eit much worse, then it's got to be tires at least in part. Here's to hoping and waiting some more.

I bought a 2015 GMC Yukon Denali 4WD with 6.2L, 6-speed Auto, 3.42 Rear Axle, and Magnetic Ride Control on April 5th right after it rolled off the delivery truck. It came with the Touring Package which includes Denali stamped 20" chrome wheels. The OEM tires were P275/55R-20 Continental CrossContact LX20 with EcoPlus Technology. I had other warranty related issues, but not the vibration around 70mph.

Mid-May I ordered the GM CK156 (SEY) 22" Chrome Wheels along with the GM recommended associated tires - P285/45R-22 Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza. Received them and then had them installed Mid-June.

My wife and I drive daily on a highway with a speed limit of 70mph so it's easy to go "at least" that. In the first couple of days, we noticed the vibration as shown in the water bottle test. Scheduled an appointment with our local dealership to have them look at it. We just figured we lost a wheel weight. They ended up taking the wheels/tires to another dealership that "had better equipment" to remount and balance them. I didn't make any assumptions and just figured they were doing their due diligence to fix it.

Got it back the last week of June and the vibration at 70mph(ish) is still there. Googled "GM Vibrations at 70mph" and that's how I landed here.

For us, I was just looking into paying another shop that I know that has a RF to test and/or fix the vibrations with the assumption that there's still something off with the 1 (or more) wheels or tires; however, after reading this "book" / forum, I'm a little concerned that there might be a much, much, bigger issue going on. Still debating next steps / how much annoyance I'm willing to put up with with being in and out of the shop vice hearing the wife "tell" me about it every time I ride with her.

The only things that changed from no-vibrations to vibrations are:

- Different size/weight wheels

- Different tires (size, ratio, width)

- Tires not mounted/balanced from factory, or, according to GM policy, from an ADI (Accessories Distributor Installer) via the LPO (Limited Promotional Option) program

- More miles on the vehicle (a previous post noted that this started occurring a couple thousand miles into it)

The above differences could have an impact to other vehicle components, or it could be pure coincidence and would've happened around the same time frame regardless of the wheel/tire swap.

I mean come on GM....for an $80k vehicle, this shouldn't be my 7th related warranty item and 12th visit to the dealership in 3.5 months. (Just had to throw that in there so the my post would feel more related to the conversation at hand.)

Wow, its happening on the SUV's as well. I think they gotta rip the entire powertrain apart and look at it again.

Wow, its happening on the SUV's as well. I think they gotta rip the entire powertrain apart and look at it again.

His issues are wheel/tire related. Because the truck didn't vibrate until he put on 22" wheels/tires.

Edited by fondupot

His issues are wheel/tire related. Because the truck didn't vibrate until he put on 22" wheels/tires.

Do you seriously think after all these threads and info on this issue that this problem is tire or wheel related??

lol yelling. Its the internet dude, get over it

I'm just stating a very obvious point. kcwood said that he didn't have any vibrations with stock wheels and tires. But when he put on 22" wheels and tires, he got vibrations.

This is symptomatic of a piss poor wheel/tire mounting, balance and installation.

The circle jerk in this thread is getting a little out of hand with the claims of vibrations. While some are valid, the real truth is you cant please everyone.

• Like 1

So if the truck you ordered arrives with LPO 22" wheels and there is a vibration issue, the issue is the wheels/tires? Even if they are road forced balanced? Then you replace the wheels and tires with a higher quality (cost twice as much) wheel/tire package with hubcentric spacers that road force balance at 10/12/12/12 and the vibration/shake still continues. It's still the wheels/tires? But only most of the time, not all of the time....I have gone as far as having my best buddy driving alongside me on the highway (23 years as an Army Motor Sergeant) in order to conduct a visual inspection. Nothing shows that its out of balance or round....go figure....(stated with sarcasm)................

"If you don't have anything helpful to add, keep your typing to a minimum."

Edited by fondupot, 11 February 2014 - 09:36 PM.

Edited by Strykers_Inc

So today was my 4th attempt at fixing the truck at the dealer.. Its been there the past two days and they rebalanced the tires for the 3rd time, checked the prop shaft clearances, and the axles and everything was in spec. They told me they couldn't do anything else to fix the truck. I ended up test driving a brand new one on the lot 6/14 manufacture date. Had the same problem except worse. Even the salesman was surprised after i pointed it out to him. The GM and service manager got involved and had me test drive a 2500 Gas and a 2500 Diesel in which neither one of them had the vibration, just rode a little stiffer than the 1500. They appraised my truck to send the info to GM for a trade in assistance and told me to find another truck. I told them I wanted the LTZ Duramax they had on the lot even tho it was significantly more expensive. As a last resort I went to another nearby dealership to test drive a high county 6.2 4x4 as another option. It also had the vibration but I noticed on the highway the vibration was around 78-86 instead of mine that was at 68-78. This truck had the high country 22's. This leads me to believe that all of the 1500 quad cab 4x4's have this harmonics problem. I may end up waiting for a 2015 to arrive at the dealer at the end of august but I'm waiting for a response from GM as to how much trade in assistance I will receive.

This leads me to believe that all of the 1500 quad cab 4x4's have this harmonics problem.

How can that be true? I have a 1500 crew cab 4x4 and it is perfect at any speed and not even one problem with the truck.

And if your statement is true, how can almost 80% of '14 owner state that they love their truck and have "zero problems" in this thread? http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/159890-how-satisfied-are-you-with-your-2014-gm-truck/

Here's another thread... "Keep or Trade it in?"... 85% would keep their truck http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/161029-poll-keep-or-trade-your-2014-back/?hl=trade

Don't get me wrong here. I know there are serious vibration issues in some of these trucks... but to say all 1500 crew cab 4x4's have this problem is way overstating the problem IMO....

Edited by Luster
  • Like 4

lol yelling. Its the internet dude, get over it

I'm just stating a very obvious point. kcwood said that he didn't have any vibrations with stock wheels and tires. But when he put on 22" wheels and tires, he got vibrations.

This is symptomatic of a piss poor wheel/tire mounting, balance and installation.

The circle jerk in this thread is getting a little out of hand with the claims of vibrations. While some are valid, the real truth is you cant please everyone.

LOL!? what are you laughing at? Do you not know the definition of all CAPS?

Im just going to leave you with the below post to ponder over as we all know this vibration happens with every wheel size.

So if the truck you ordered arrives with LPO 22" wheels and there is a vibration issue, the issue is the wheels/tires? Even if they are road forced balanced? Then you replace the wheels and tires with a higher quality (cost twice as much) wheel/tire package with hubcentric spacers that road force balance at 10/12/12/12 and the vibration/shake still continues. It's still the wheels/tires? But only most of the time, not all of the time....I have gone as far as having my best buddy driving alongside me on the highway (23 years as an Army Motor Sergeant) in order to conduct a visual inspection. Nothing shows that its out of balance or round....go figure....(stated with sarcasm)................

"If you don't have anything helpful to add, keep your typing to a minimum."

Edited by fondupot, 11 February 2014 - 09:36 PM.