If it is the torque converter, would this still apply if the truck was in neutral and OFF? I tried this, and saw no change in the vibration/wobble sensation.

I now have 10k miles on the truck. Very unhappy and disappointed in GM. Hope they find a fix soon. My fix will be to trade in on a new Ford, which almost hurts to say...

Looking for advice. Bought my silverado June 27, 2014. After the first day noticed the shaking/vibration in steering wheel and accelerator pedal. Googled the issue and came upon this forum. I have been following it ever since. My truck now has 1400 miles and has been in the shop twice. 1st service consisted of them saying that two of the Goodyear SRA's were out of round and were replaced. This did not fix the problem. 2nd service consisted of them changing a 3rd tire and replacing all four shocks. This dampened the vibration in the steering wheel considerably, but I am still feeling the shaking in the pedal, center console and other interior parts. The service manager advised me that the second try fixed all issues and that if I was not happy then they were advised to involve the District Manager. I called yesterday to bring it in for another attempt at fixing the vehicle and was told that they would need to contact the district manager before any further work done to the vehicle. After not hearing anything in 24 hours i called back and was advised that they still do not have an answer for me because the district manager is now talking to GM about "what the next plan of action is". Very unhappy with the truck and it seems that they know there is a problem and I am about to get told there is nothing else they can do. 2014 Silverado, crew cab 4x4 LT w/ 5.3 and 3.42 gears.

Goodyear tires are junk. The dealership needs to put Michelins an and road force balance them. Goodyear is a 4 piece tire and the Michelins are 8 piece. Vibration dampeners on the steering shaft and firewall help as well.

I spoke with my dealer today (who I like and feel comfortable saying they're trying and have been good to me) and have an appointment to bring in my truck next week. They tell me they fixed another Silverado that had the same vibration issues I'm experiencing...by switching shocks. Lets see if this is the fix guys...wouldn't that be awesome? I'm choosing to remain optimistic. If anyone else is heading in maybe mention that you heard that shocks fixed another truck so try it on yours? Cant hurt right? Lets stay positive and see where this leads.

What ever happened to your gears being replaced?

Went to the dealership Monday. Truck was still on the rack with everything pulled out of the rear end. Said they needed some spacers and guaranteed me my truck back by Tuesday afternoon. Here I sit at my office. No call. No truck. It's Wednesday at 3:30 PM. SMH. It's been there for 22 days.

Went to the dealership Monday. Truck was still on the rack with everything pulled out of the rear end. Said they needed some spacers and guaranteed me my truck back by Tuesday afternoon. Here I sit at my office. No call. No truck. It's Wednesday at 3:30 PM. SMH. It's been there for 22 days.

I don't understand the stupidity of some dealers. Why even start a job like that if they cant finish it, and finish it within a reasonable timetable. Just seems like common sense.

I don't understand the stupidity of some dealers. Why even start a job like that if they cant finish it, and finish it within a reasonable timetable. Just seems like common sense.

I'm just playing the game now. We have now crossed the 21 day lemon law threshold for Iowa. I plan on contacting them tomorrow with my request of what I want done. If it doesn't happen, lawyer up. It's just stupid. Second truck with same issue.

Another issue with these trucks are the headlamps. (GMC trucks). When it gets about 20 degrees and colder out, they fog up. That too is a major issue they can't fix.

Or how about when it's 20 degrees outside and you start your truck with your automatic climate control only to have cold air blow on you right away. My 2006 didn't blow air until the engine was warm. (Thermostat opened and heater core had some transference of heat). I can go on and on. Worst damn vehicle purchase in my life.

I'm just playing the game now. We have now crossed the 21 day lemon law threshold for Iowa. I plan on contacting them tomorrow with my request of what I want done. If it doesn't happen, lawyer up. It's just stupid. Second truck with same issue.

Another issue with these trucks are the headlamps. (GMC trucks). When it gets about 20 degrees and colder out, they fog up. That too is a major issue they can't fix.

Or how about when it's 20 degrees outside and you start your truck with your automatic climate control only to have cold air blow on you right away. My 2006 didn't blow air until the engine was warm. (Thermostat opened and heater core had some transference of heat). I can go on and on. Worst damn vehicle purchase in my life.

You've gone through this much already and if the vibration is fixed, will you keep the vehicle?

My new Chevy's lights don't fog at all, but my first did. I think this might have been addressed BC I haven't had it happen once on my truck built 3/14

They replaced the whole headlight assembly on my first truck. They still fogged up. This one does too. I just have been focused on getting the vib fixed.

As far as keeping it; Depends on the battle. If I can get my money back without much pain, I'll walk. It's really disappointing.

I spoke with my dealer today (who I like and feel comfortable saying they're trying and have been good to me) and have an appointment to bring in my truck next week. They tell me they fixed another Silverado that had the same vibration issues I'm experiencing...by switching shocks. Lets see if this is the fix guys...wouldn't that be awesome? I'm choosing to remain optimistic. If anyone else is heading in maybe mention that you heard that shocks fixed another truck so try it on yours? Cant hurt right? Lets stay positive and see where this leads.

Guys, here's a clue....it's not the shocks, and it definitely not the tires, and it's not the driveshaft, and it's not the ring and pinion, and it's not the exhaust, and it's not the AFM, and it's not the skid plates....from living with this vibrating piece of sh!t for 6000 miles, and changing all of the above except the ring and pinion gears (which others have to no avail) this problem is still unresolved. ZERO GM attempt to reach out to any of us who have been our dealers in an attempt to fix the problem, none of which have resulted in a fix. I will bet this is a transmission/ torque converter problem as nothing else we've all wasted time and monety addressing has fixed it. Have one or two of all the above helped? Sure each one might be a channel thru which the vibration is made worse, but none of them is the cause. We need to keep pressuring our dealers and ramp up the media and online postings of a brand new redesigned truck that has a major flaw. Folks this is GM, the same company who covered up an ignition defect that resulted in multiple deaths. Yes GM you have that blood on your hands. As well as a sea of recent recalls. Fuk U I am so tired of driving around a $50,000 vibration machine, which based on the fact at 6000 miles, has only gotten worse, will clearly lead to other mechanical failures down the road. Step the Fuk up and stop ignoring your customers. I guarantee this is going to escalate in the media and internet. We all need to make sure GM is held accountable. Call me, write me, email me...do something GM before you have yet another legal issue on your hands and in the public. Yours truly, a totally dissatisfied, and disappointed customer. You have my VIN

• Like 1