I am guessing there is still no fix for this issue? I have had the same issue with my 2014 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab LT ever since I hit around 8k miles. I am now at 12k miles and have had my truck in the shop 5 times, at two different dealerships, still not fixed. At the first dealership, my tires were replaced because they were "out of round", my drive-shaft was replaced, checked my alignment and road force balanced my tires. After none of this worked, the dealership concluded that the vibration was within GM's "quality standards" and there was nothing else they could do for me. The second dealership said they had a new "vibration sensing device" that was sent to them by GM to detect issues such as this. After running their tests, they road force balanced my tires and called it a day. This is my 7th GM truck and I have never experienced such a rough and annoying ride quality, this truck drove like a Cadillac when it was first purchased.

Has anyone tried filing Lemon Law for this problem? This will be my next step and if that doesn't work, I will be selling my truck and switching loyalties.

I am guessing there is still no fix for this issue? I have had the same issue with my 2014 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab LT ever since I hit around 8k miles. I am now at 12k miles and have had my truck in the shop 5 times, at two different dealerships, still not fixed. At the first dealership, my tires were replaced because they were "out of round", my drive-shaft was replaced, checked my alignment and road force balanced my tires. After none of this worked, the dealership concluded that the vibration was within GM's "quality standards" and there was nothing else they could do for me. The second dealership said they had a new "vibration sensing device" that was sent to them by GM to detect issues such as this. After running their tests, they road force balanced my tires and called it a day. This is my 7th GM truck and I have never experienced such a rough and annoying ride quality, this truck drove like a Cadillac when it was first purchased.

Has anyone tried filing Lemon Law for this problem? This will be my next step and if that doesn't work, I will be selling my truck and switching loyalties.

If it rode smooth and now it doesn't it sounds more like a tire issue or the gears in the rear end wearing out of spec prematurely. Keep us posted and its probably easier to get the dealer to buy it back as a trade rather than lemon law. Carmax is a great place to sell I vehicle as well. They quoted me 15k for my 06 z71 with 80k miles on it. Edited by 20Bowtie14

Did the 85mile drive to weekend house, and agree w/ those who have stated hotter temperatures increases vibration. As a reminder, in case Jennifer from GM customer care ever checks back in our now 151 pge post, that my vibration mostly begins at 72-73mph and continues thru 80mph. Does not matter if transmission is in manual mode in 5'th gear, neutral coasting, or in drive and in 6'th gear. 2014 Crew Cab short bed, 6.2 SLT w/ 3.42 gears and Z71. I will add, the more time I spend behind the wheel, now with 5900miles on the truck, the more it feel like this maybe transmission or torque converter related. This transmission just feels so out of sync with the engine and gas pedal, always trying to shift to next higher gear, well before any of us would probably want for real world driving conditions. Transmission feels sloppy to be blunt, especially in around town driving at under 45mph and stop and start conditions. I have had multiple road force balances, new exhaust system which is larger diameter than stock but a GM system which has flapper valve removed, a new driveshaft, and dealer even tried shims in rear leafs to change the pinion angle in rear end, and I use a Range V4 mode disabler. None of which have made any improvement at all in reducing the high speed vibration. I now always drive the truck in manual transmission mode so the transmission is not as annoying. GM why don't you respond to your customers here?

When I took my truck in for the recall on the relocation of the coolant line they also updated the TCM and the ECM. I didn't realize that was a required recall. After they did that my vibration was 10 fold worse. It was tolerable before the reprogramming. My truck has been in for 2 weeks while waiting for and now installation of my new ring and pinion. Getting close to my threshold of toleration. Remember, this is my 2nd truck. About ready to just ask for my money back and go look at Ram or Ford. Getting damn ridiculous.

This is actually really good feedback, because if an adjustment to the Trans control module made the problem worse, then we can surmise that the problem lays within the trans. This would explain why some people have no vibs but we all do...there's no doubt a problem with some of the transmissions GM used, and we happen to have those in our particular trucks. I still have a case open with GM, and on Monday I'm going to ask that they focus on the transmission..particulary the CM, pump, and torque converter. They've been through everything else on mine with no change in symptoms so sooner or later the trans is going to have to be investigated. I hope they replace the whole darn thing so I can actually drive my new truck without that sick feeling I get when I need to get on the highway. I dont even like driving this truck right now, because I feel like there's a failure and breakdown coming my way. This isn't why you purchase a new truck.

This is actually really good feedback, because if an adjustment to the Trans control module made the problem worse, then we can surmise that the problem lays within the trans. This would explain why some people have no vibs but we all do...there's no doubt a problem with some of the transmissions GM used, and we happen to have those in our particular trucks. I still have a case open with GM, and on Monday I'm going to ask that they focus on the transmission..particulary the CM, pump, and torque converter. They've been through everything else on mine with no change in symptoms so sooner or later the trans is going to have to be investigated. I hope they replace the whole darn thing so I can actually drive my new truck without that sick feeling I get when I need to get on the highway. I dont even like driving this truck right now, because I feel like there's a failure and breakdown coming my way. This isn't why you purchase a new truck.

Wow. Maybe this is the breakthrough we needed. Has anyone had a transmission replaced as a result of the vibration? I am going to call the dealer who also opened a case with GM on Monday and update him on my vibration, which is only seemingly getting worse, as well as this topic of transmission and torque converter. I just drove home the return 85 mile trip I took on Friday and reported on, and without the rest of the family in the truck all I did the entire rise home was focus on this incredibly annoying vibration. I drove the entire way in manual mode mostly in 5'th gear, even tried 4'th in the 72-80 mph zone and it made no difference. I can now feel more vibration in my steering wheel, my passenger seat makes a noise w/out my wife in it, and even my driver's side mirror now giggles w/ the vibration. See my previous post re suspecting the transmission. GM where are you?

I don't recall, this is a long thread, but has anyone that has a tune installed on their truck have the vibration issue? If the trans and torque converter is a possible cause, then wouldnt it be reasonable that the tune would change these, ie.. Torque lockup and shift points?

Leviblue was thinking same thing. We did have a post regarding someone with the vibration who added slight lift and larger wheels and tires and it DID NOT help the vibration problem. A trans tune would be interesting but if it's a tolerance problem in the trans, wouldn't think changing shift points would matter. I am going to try calling my dealer with open repair on record with GM and report updated feedback and ask specifically about new transmission

Looking for advice. Bought my silverado June 27, 2014. After the first day noticed the shaking/vibration in steering wheel and accelerator pedal. Googled the issue and came upon this forum. I have been following it ever since. My truck now has 1400 miles and has been in the shop twice. 1st service consisted of them saying that two of the Goodyear SRA's were out of round and were replaced. This did not fix the problem. 2nd service consisted of them changing a 3rd tire and replacing all four shocks. This dampened the vibration in the steering wheel considerably, but I am still feeling the shaking in the pedal, center console and other interior parts. The service manager advised me that the second try fixed all issues and that if I was not happy then they were advised to involve the District Manager. I called yesterday to bring it in for another attempt at fixing the vehicle and was told that they would need to contact the district manager before any further work done to the vehicle. After not hearing anything in 24 hours i called back and was advised that they still do not have an answer for me because the district manager is now talking to GM about "what the next plan of action is". Very unhappy with the truck and it seems that they know there is a problem and I am about to get told there is nothing else they can do. 2014 Silverado, crew cab 4x4 LT w/ 5.3 and 3.42 gears.

Looking for advice. Bought my silverado June 27, 2014. After the first day noticed the shaking/vibration in steering wheel and accelerator pedal. Googled the issue and came upon this forum. I have been following it ever since. My truck now has 1400 miles and has been in the shop twice. 1st service consisted of them saying that two of the Goodyear SRA's were out of round and were replaced. This did not fix the problem. 2nd service consisted of them changing a 3rd tire and replacing all four shocks. This dampened the vibration in the steering wheel considerably, but I am still feeling the shaking in the pedal, center console and other interior parts. The service manager advised me that the second try fixed all issues and that if I was not happy then they were advised to involve the District Manager. I called yesterday to bring it in for another attempt at fixing the vehicle and was told that they would need to contact the district manager before any further work done to the vehicle. After not hearing anything in 24 hours i called back and was advised that they still do not have an answer for me because the district manager is now talking to GM about "what the next plan of action is". Very unhappy with the truck and it seems that they know there is a problem and I am about to get told there is nothing else they can do. 2014 Silverado, crew cab 4x4 LT w/ 5.3 and 3.42 gears.

I can't offer much advice as it seems your dealer has done a ton more for you than what mine has done for me. Mine told me to "wait for a tsb." I am currently looking at other brands and will not ever own another GM.

Edited by M1Tanker

We're so screwed. If GM is not willing to admit this is a problem and help, then we owe it to ourselves to advirtise to as many people as possible thru as many means via internet and thru different forums the truth about this pathetic lack of GM customer support to a address a very obvious mechanical defect. Apparently GM assumes if they ignore us the problem will go away. Total BS as we all bought what was supposed to be the best pickup truck on the market after the updates GM made. Lawyers, lemon law, internet postings. I have only posted once outside of this forum about this. Time to step it up. I hate driving my 2014 GMC Sierra that I spent over $50,000 on.