pm26 - I did not choose the best words - GM is probably aware and is stonewalling/covering up as you imply.

hvill - I have the double cab, 18 in wheels, Goodyear wrangler tires,s 5.3 liter engine. A distinct and noticeable vibration is felt most strongly on driver's side at speeds between 65 and 75 mph. Primarily when applying power, but can also be felt when coating after cresting a hill, for example. Tires have been balanced and force balanced; one wheel was out of round and replaced. I have no idea of the quality of the balancing efforts. Very noticeable and annoying vibration. For what these things cost, the ride should be smooth. My 2004 Silverado crew cab was smooth. I should have kept it.

Seem like to me we are having the same problem like I said earlier they switched me to continental tires ( and raod forced balanced) and did not have any luck. The vibration is annoying when you drive your truck on a trip an like you said for the price we paid it should have a smooth ride.

pm26 - I did not choose the best words - GM is probably aware and is stonewalling/covering up as you imply.

hvill - I have the double cab, 18 in wheels, Goodyear wrangler tires,s 5.3 liter engine. A distinct and noticeable vibration is felt most strongly on driver's side at speeds between 65 and 75 mph. Primarily when applying power, but can also be felt when coating after cresting a hill, for example. Tires have been balanced and force balanced; one wheel was out of round and replaced. I have no idea of the quality of the balancing efforts. Very noticeable and annoying vibration. For what these things cost, the ride should be smooth. My 2004 Silverado crew cab was smooth. I should have kept it.

identical issue

Anybody tried to have their wheels balanced on the truck? Years ago they had small portable balancers that would spin up the wheels directly on the vehicle and balance them this way. This type of balancing took care of any problems with unbalanced brake rotors and brake drums. I wonder if any tire shops still have these balancers. If I was having persistent vibration issues, I would give this technique a try if someone still has one of those machines. Also keep in mind that brake rotors and drums need to be balanced properly too for a vibration free ride. Good quality rotors are typically balanced by machining some metal from the heavy part of the rotor. Brake drums typically will have a weight spot welded on them. Check to make sure that you have your brake rotors and drums balanced. Some cheap Chinese brake rotors sold at discount auto parts stores are not even balanced. I hope that GM does not use anything like that on their trucks. Balancing wheels while mounted on your truck takes care of any imbalance problems in the brake rotors and drums. The downside is that you cannot rotate the wheels or reposition them without disturbing the balance.

Years ago they also used thread truing machines that would shave the tire into a perfect round shape. They were really effective with bias ply tires of the 60s and 70s. I have not seen one of those machines in years.

Edited by pm26

Anybody tried to have their wheels balanced on the truck? Years ago they had small portable balancers that would spin up the wheels directly on the vehicle and balance them this way. This type of balancing took care of any problems with unbalanced brake rotors and brake drums. I wonder if any tire shops still have these balancers. If I was having persistent vibration issues, I would give this technique a try if someone still has one of those machines. Also keep in mind that brake rotors and drums need to be balanced properly too for a vibration free ride. Good quality rotors are typically balanced by machining some metal from the heavy part of the rotor. Brake drums typically will have a weight spot welded on them. Check to make sure that you have your brake rotors and drums balanced. Some cheap Chinese brake rotors sold at discount auto parts stores are not even balanced. I hope that GM does not use anything like that on their trucks. Balancing wheels while mounted on your truck takes care of any imbalance problems in the brake rotors and drums. The downside is that you cannot rotate the wheels or reposition them without disturbing the balance.

Years ago they also used thread truing machines that would shave the tire into a perfect round shape. They were really effective with bias ply tires of the 60s and 70s. I have not seen one of those machines in years.

My tire shop in San Antonio does this. Smooth as glass ride. I even have them true my Michelins as soon as I get them on the truck. They use a strobe light now to balance the tire while spinning on the truck. they also true a tire, what you call shaving. There are still shops that do this but one must ask around. also used on trucks too so check some truck repair shops. After discount installs my tires and road force balance, I go to this shop and the balance is much better.

• Like 1

Hey everybody,

I hate to hear that this vibration is preventing you from loving your trucks! If anybody would like me to look into their situation further I am here and happy to help. Just send us a PM with your name, contact info, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jonathan A. (Assisting Jennifer)

GM Customer Care

I found this forum while researching a bad and I mean bad vibration while towing my atv trailer with two quads on it. (see prior post) That was the only time I had an issue. I took the truck to the dealer, they updated two computer issues and now I get the vibration that most of you are describing all the time. So it is obvious that that computer update has something to do with most of your problems. FYI I bought one of the first trucks in the area hence an old computer program. There are many problems with can produce a vibration. All of us here have spent a lot of time dealing with this. I had planned on purchasing the truck after the lease was up because it would only have about 20,000 miles on it. Now I am unsure of this plan because of any unknown damage this vibration could cause over time (fatigue). So where does this leave me. I have owned 9 Chevy trucks so far and nothing else. If I am not compensated for this that will definitely change. This is sad because I have a couple family members who work for GM.

To the GM people who read this forum. It is time to let us know what is going on and stop leaving your loyal customers who have spent hard earned money on your trucks in the dark. It is one thing to have a problem, its understandable, it's a new production. It's another to not communicate with your customers and dealers. I say dealers because its pretty obvious they don't know either. Your going to loose loyal customers if you don't communicate soon if you haven't already.

Sadly Disappointed

P.S. At least give us another silverado when ours are being serviced for this issue it's what we paid for.

Edited by Szyikowski
  • Like 3

Ive been following this thread since I purchased my 2014 Tx Edition is October. I privately messaged GM about it months ago and the response was to take it to the dealership. Im not doing a damn thing until GM gives us something. No way I am going to leave my truck at a dealership for days on end without any known fix to this common problem.

Here is what I got. 65-80mph vibration. Its bad! Thing is, some roads it terrible, and some hardly noticeable. It can be a smooth interstate and its vibrating like hell and on a more distressed road it may not be at all. Good thing is, is that on the freeway right where the dealership is, is one of the worst spots where it acts up all the time. Like others, I have owned many (13) gm trucks ( check it out for yourself GM! ) and I also understand problems and am very understanding and tolerant of that. I am not tolerant of treating loyal customers like shit. I will not answer to a stock "please provide your vin # and mileage etc...". It is a slap in the face at this point.

Give me something to work with, now! Just as GMAC demands all payments on time, the same expectations must be reciprocated. What is going on with our trucks??

I have been through 3 sets of tires, currently with Nittos and have already had the RF balanced etc....

Still ****ed up. Im out over 2k in bullshit since my purchase trying to fix this bc I have NOTHING to go off of. You are out a customer GM.

To everyone out there:

If you want to be heard, write reviews on KBB, Edmunds, etc.... about the obvious problem and more so, the big **** all of you by GM for the way they have handled this- by ignoring it.

I was not going to ever get involved in this thread ( which I told GM in the personal message ) and wait for the recall. But bc of this appalling lack of respect for valued customers who are driving brand new, DEFECTIVE trucks- I will now get involved.

ABSOLUTELY APPALLED .........

• Like 3

Short

Wow...I have a standard bed (two piece drive shaft) and have had nothing but issues with the vibration. So far they have replaced Wheels, tires, driveshaft, changed pinion angle, and changed spacer on driveshaft...been in the dealership now for over 5 weeks. I paid 50K for a piece of SHIT truck and now GM wants to trade me out for something else. I was told the issues were in the Standard Bed (two piece drive shaft) so now I hear that its a short box it makes me skeptikal. Not sure what to do....