GM doesn't care if it's not a safety issue. Remember the oil consumption problem on the previous trucks? GM's first step to address the problem was to revise the amount of acceptable oil loss from something like 1 quart every 3,000 miles to 2 quarts in 2,000 miles or something to that effect. Does that sound like the move of a company that cares about their customers' satisfaction with a product? From there they required dealers to perform a long drawn out documentation process of oil loss to see how it relates to their revised consumption standards. Then they tried a baffle added to the engine which didn't work for everyone, and then they moved on to fixing or replacing engines for those that lasted 6 months through this process and didn't give up. Again does that sound like a company that cares about their customers' satisfaction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Silverado-Hareek

GM doesn't care if it's not a safety issue. Remember the oil consumption problem on the previous trucks? GM's first step to address the problem was to revise the amount of acceptable oil loss from something like 1 quart every 3,000 miles to 2 quarts in 2,000 miles or something to that effect. Does that sound like the move of a company that cares about their customers' satisfaction with a product? From there they required dealers to perform a long drawn out documentation process of oil loss to see how it relates to their revised consumption standards. Then they tried a baffle added to the engine which didn't work for everyone, and then they moved on to fixing or replacing engines for those that lasted 6 months through this process and didn't give up. Again does that sound like a company that cares about their customers' satisfaction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At first it was 1 quart every 5000 miles, but when things were going downhill fast it went to 1 quart every 3000 miles.

The old S-10s have had the same exact vibration issue, but it wasn't a large amount, just like with the current Silverado/Sierra, the problem was never fixed then and the problem will never be fixed now.

Edited by Pinnacle

Jennifer where did you and GM disappear to? I have never used Facebook before but I am going to now to get the GM ignored vibration problem out to more people. Enough is enough. I can't drive my truck without this problem dominating the experience on the highway. How pathetic is it GM has left all of us who spent $50k plus or minus on their newly engineered 2014 1500 series flagship pickup truck, out to dry dealing with a very obvious mechanical design issue. Things are slow at work, so I have plenty of spare time to make this a much more public complaint. GM Jennifer, you were so quick to answer my questions regarding build status, now that I spent $53 grand for a vibrating piece of sh!t it's radio silence. Job well done. Does GM direct you to stay off this post? It's now 148pgs long...and remains the #1 visited and posted subject on your forum, and GM just ignores it. Call, write, post a response...do something or why not just close down the forum. GM is willing to employ Jennifer to tell us our build dates, but blatantly ignore the most viewed post on their entire forum. Makes no sense. Escalation of ours complaints is the only possible solution.

Jennifer where did you and GM disappear to? I have never used Facebook before but I am going to now to get the GM ignored vibration problem out to more people. Enough is enough. I can't drive my truck without this problem dominating the experience on the highway. How pathetic is it GM has left all of us who spent $50k plus or minus on their newly engineered 2014 1500 series flagship pickup truck, out to dry dealing with a very obvious mechanical design issue. Things are slow at work, so I have plenty of spare time to make this a much more public complaint. GM Jennifer, you were so quick to answer my questions regarding build status, now that I spent $53 grand for a vibrating piece of sh!t it's radio silence. Job well done. Does GM direct you to stay off this post? It's now 148pgs long...and remains the #1 visited and posted subject on your forum, and GM just ignores it. Call, write, post a response...do something or why not just close down the forum. GM is willing to employ Jennifer to tell us our build dates, but blatantly ignore the most viewed post on their entire forum. Makes no sense. Escalation of ours complaints is the only possible solution.

Yes I double posted. It only gets better from here. Game on GM

• Like 1

I haven't even bothered posting yet about my undercoating peeling off, and resulting rust on the frame of my 2014 GMC SLT Crew Cab w/6.2 ltr V8...GM ( and Jennifer wherever you went) rest assured I am going to include the rusting frame and peeling underbody coating at every online website and GM's Facebook page going forward. Yes, you too can spend $50,0000 on GM truck that not only vibrates every single time you drive it on the highway between 73-80mph, but rest assured the undercoating is likely to be peeling off, replaced by rust. Yes RUST on a brand new truck frame. This is great marketing material for the web. Again, thank you GM for ignoring all of us "customers" and forcing us to point out these facts to all any potential buyers of your trucks who might happen to go online for reviews and information. What better source of detailed feedback could a consumer get besides direct owner feedback? GM you have made this all possible. Will continue to post here and complain as long as you ignore it.

• Like 1

Yes I double posted. It only gets better from here. Game on GM

Target, cease fire...love it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Posted a review on AutoTrader. Next...Jennifer and GM why are you ignoring us? Are we supposed to put up with a new redesigned truck that vibrates like a out of balance 20yr old sh!tbox? Apparently GM I feels this is ok and we should just go away. That is not happening. Let's go people post the truth online. Nobody deserves to put up with this level of out of spec engineering on a brand new truck.

I have a hunch that the vibration issue we are feeling is indeed related to the shudder 1-2-3-4 shift issue from 2013 2014 TSB pip5175b issued may 2/2014 and the unwanted neutral recall.

What I believe is happening is this, stator to pump cover bolts are leaking at gasket causing low pump pressure to torque converter. This low pump pressure causes the 1-2-3-4 shudder and also the " unwanted neutral recall" for some people with more leakage! Torque converter with low pump pressure would indeed cause a vibration at 70mph. Now what GM is doing to fix this is in my own opinion is, change the shift points and triggering engine rpm range to boost the pump pressure without having to remove transmission for a known gasket leak.

This is why some folks have this vibration, and most do not. Some say this gets worse as temperature change, headwind, and other factors too. An example of high pressure leak is subtle when contained cause vibration with pumps.

Unwanted neutral is happening when the rpms of engine are lower then the pump pressure allowing the torque converter to not engauge at lower shift gears.

Example 1-2-3 shifts.

This low pressure most definitely has damaged some bearings in the torque converter already.

This issued will be corrected in future but for us now it may be only a bandaide fix.

I have said from the beginning this is a transmission issue, this vibration and shudder, and now unwanted neutral.

Dealers have switched out almost everything under the truck, and vibration is still there.

If gm changes shift points and tweaks rpm range from engine, shifts will be more crisp and noticeable as this is the cheapest fix without removing tranny.

If you want your vibration issues resolved demand to have the pip5175B test and this will confirm my suspicions.

Thxs

I have a hunch that the vibration issue we are feeling is indeed related to the shudder 1-2-3-4 shift issue from 2013 2014 TSB pip5175b issued may 2/2014 and the unwanted neutral recall.

What I believe is happening is this, stator to pump cover bolts are leaking at gasket causing low pump pressure to torque converter. This low pump pressure causes the 1-2-3-4 shudder and also the " unwanted neutral recall" for some people with more leakage! Torque converter with low pump pressure would indeed cause a vibration at 70mph. Now what GM is doing to fix this is in my own opinion is, change the shift points and triggering engine rpm range to boost the pump pressure without having to remove transmission for a known gasket leak.

This is why some folks have this vibration, and most do not. Some say this gets worse as temperature change, headwind, and other factors too. An example of high pressure leak is subtle when contained cause vibration with pumps.

Unwanted neutral is happening when the rpms of engine are lower then the pump pressure allowing the torque converter to not engauge at lower shift gears.

Example 1-2-3 shifts.

This low pressure most definitely has damaged some bearings in the torque converter already.

This issued will be corrected in future but for us now it may be only a bandaide fix.

I have said from the beginning this is a transmission issue, this vibration and shudder, and now unwanted neutral.

Dealers have switched out almost everything under the truck, and vibration is still there.

If gm changes shift points and tweaks rpm range from engine, shifts will be more crisp and noticeable as this is the cheapest fix without removing tranny.

If you want your vibration issues resolved demand to have the pip5175B test and this will confirm my suspicions.

Thxs

Just looked on Facebook and it seems they are taking down all comments on the issue. I went ahead and did my duty and stated the truth and my disappointment. Im sure it will be down in seconds. I hope that others will do the same on FB, KBB, Edmuds, etc. If it doesn't stop, we will get somewhere. Going to take a hell of an effort from a great many! I love a good fight and I hate bullies. Especially when they are ****'s.....

Just looked on Facebook and it seems they are taking down all comments on the issue. I went ahead and did my duty and stated the truth and my disappointment. Im sure it will be down in seconds. I hope that others will do the same on FB, KBB, Edmuds, etc. If it doesn't stop, we will get somewhere. Going to take a hell of an effort from a great many! I love a good fight and I hate bullies. Especially when they are ****'s.....

Leave comments on their advertising. Not only will customers see this, but all your friends will as well when u comment. If you write on the wall it will def be deleted quickly. There are all kinds of people commenting about how ugly these are and square wheel wells and how RAM or Ford are better all the time.

What helped me out a lot was when I called GM and started a case with them. Give Chevrolet/GM a call and tell them your situation and what dealer has failed to make things right. The dealer will be a lot more responsive when GMs on their case. I got a lot done with my dealer real quickly once corporate GM got involved. Whether you think so or not, there are a lot of corporate GM employees who really want the best for you, and get you in a vehicle you're happy with. The dealers don't like big brother watching over them.

Edited by 20Bowtie14

I think he's spot on with the Trans assessment. My guess is that it'll be bandaided until your warranty is up and then get ready to bend over for repair bills. I'd bet money that the 2015 GMs will ride much better. I left a post on GM trucks FB page. I dont know if anyone here has checked out Ford lately...but they make a solid truck. I've been looking and wish I had gone that route instead.