@20bowtie14 happy to see yours is good, and drives the way it was intended. Gives hope to others. Unfortunately mine and many others feel like their driving on a constant baby earthquake, that doesn't stop.

Edited by anthony2558

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YV3t5dVlf0

I drove to Daytona which is about 200 miles from where I live and she's smooth all the way to 90. I just wanted to show you that there really are smooth 1500's out there and to have hope. My truck was built 03/14 and after I took off my SRAs its like a different truck. I know this may not solve everyone's issues but new tires did it for me. My speedometer is off by 2 mph due to bigger tires, so I'm really doing 77 in the video. As you can see, nothing is shaking at all.

It's a trick! He froze his drink beforehand!

Mine looks just like hicks video too, and I didn't think my was even bad when I compare it to the 14 silverado I had. My water bottle shakes like that at 60mph (and probably slower) and I just figured it was the road but after seen the second video I'm blown away by how smooth that truck is. Question is, in the smooth video is there ice cubes in the drink? That might make a difference, I'll have to,give that a try. Like I said, I thought my Sierra was smooth but maybe my silverado was so bad that it just makes me think it's smooth.

Edited by Silver Spaceship

Here's an update observation I had over the weekend...I'm trying to post observations I have to see if they coincide with what others experience, and the odd chance that GM is checking these forums and can use this sort of information. Last week I had very poor ride performance, and it was very hot and humid. Air was thick and I thought I could detect an impact the thick air was having on ride. Thursday we had a bad weather pattern come through which I got caught in on the way home Thursday evening. I pulled over due to hail and very strong rain (lucklily no damage). Anyway, when the bad part past I got on the highway and tried to race past the next dark cloud coming...due to traffic I never could get past 75 mph and the shaking was terrible. Fast forward to yesterday and this am, cooler weather and much drier / lighter air and the ride was much better. Not perfect, but tolerable. This am was a still morning, 73 degrees and cool dry feeling air and the ride was improved over hot humid temps. I'm wondering if these trucks vibrate when trying to cut through heavy air...or if humid hot air effects the fuel mix / delivery and cause vibration stemming from the engine? Food for thought anyway. I'm looking forward to hearing the results of Chappy's rear end gear swap and I can see that having different characteristics with temperature changes. If it's external air flow, has anyone installed a bug guard or something like that and seen a change. Is there anyone here with vibrations and a bug guard, or airdam removed? I'm still looking for imput from people that have changed to aftermarket exhaust..I'd liek to know if any of the exhaust guys who have swapped, have the vib issues going on.

Here's an update observation I had over the weekend...I'm trying to post observations I have to see if they coincide with what others experience, and the odd chance that GM is checking these forums and can use this sort of information. Last week I had very poor ride performance, and it was very hot and humid. Air was thick and I thought I could detect an impact the thick air was having on ride. Thursday we had a bad weather pattern come through which I got caught in on the way home Thursday evening. I pulled over due to hail and very strong rain (lucklily no damage). Anyway, when the bad part past I got on the highway and tried to race past the next dark cloud coming...due to traffic I never could get past 75 mph and the shaking was terrible. Fast forward to yesterday and this am, cooler weather and much drier / lighter air and the ride was much better. Not perfect, but tolerable. This am was a still morning, 73 degrees and cool dry feeling air and the ride was improved over hot humid temps. I'm wondering if these trucks vibrate when trying to cut through heavy air...or if humid hot air effects the fuel mix / delivery and cause vibration stemming from the engine? Food for thought anyway. I'm looking forward to hearing the results of Chappy's rear end gear swap and I can see that having different characteristics with temperature changes. If it's external air flow, has anyone installed a bug guard or something like that and seen a change. Is there anyone here with vibrations and a bug guard, or airdam removed? I'm still looking for imput from people that have changed to aftermarket exhaust..I'd liek to know if any of the exhaust guys who have swapped, have the vib issues going on.

Haul @ss up behind a semi truck or follow a suburban or another truck to take air off the truck. That's an easy test. As far as exhaust, I clamped mine open about 2 weeks after I bought the truck because it was chirping between v4&8 modes and sounded like a turbo. Temperature variables lead back to tires imo Edited by 20Bowtie14

Mine looks just like hicks video too, and I didn't think my was even bad when I compare it to the 14 silverado I had. My water bottle shakes like that at 60mph (and probably slower) and I just figured it was the road but after seen the second video I'm blown away by how smooth that truck is. Question is, in the smooth video is there ice cubes in the drink? That might make a difference, I'll have to,give that a try. Like I said, I thought my Sierra was smooth but maybe my silverado was so bad that it just makes me think it's smooth.

Ok I did a test, water bottle in one cup holder about 1/2 to 3/4 full and a plastic cup with water with ice cubes in. The water bottle looked like the one video and the plastic glass no vibration at all just like the other video. After the ice melted down to only 2 pea sized pieces it still showed no vibration but as soon as all the ice was melted the cup and water bottle were exactly the same. Case closed!

Ok I did a test, water bottle in one cup holder about 1/2 to 3/4 full and a plastic cup with water with ice cubes in. The water bottle looked like the one video and the plastic glass no vibration at all just like the other video. After the ice melted down to only 2 pea sized pieces it still showed no vibration but as soon as all the ice was melted the cup and water bottle were exactly the same. Case closed!

I agree the ice in that one video was making the drink way more still than it would have been if it was 100% liquid within the bottle. I don't care if you drive the most luxurious car on the road, a water bottle in a cup holder will show ripples from shakes and vibrations natural to all vehicles when they drive down the road.

O jeez, what did I start lol. There are minor ripples w no ice but that's just from the road. Look at everything else, pit pass, phone charger ect, and nothing else is moving at all. I'm looking forward to the results from chaps gear swap as well. I had a complete axle assembly changed out and no change. I hope it solves his problems. Popcorn anyone?

I will admit that I can lay my phone on the flat area on the top of the cup holders, and it doesn't shake off. I bet if I lean a pen or something in there it wouldn't shake terribly, but my truck still shakes unacceptably, and I feel a slight shake in the wheel, pulsing in the gas pedal, etc. My pant leg and shoelaces shake and vibrate. Very annoying. Sometimes I can see the window mirror shake, and my hood pulses up and down when it's at it's worst.

• Like 1

I will admit that I can lay my phone on the flat area on the top of the cup holders, and it doesn't shake off. I bet if I lean a pen or something in there it wouldn't shake terribly, but my truck still shakes unacceptably, and I feel a slight shake in the wheel, pulsing in the gas pedal, etc. My pant leg and shoelaces shake and vibrate. Very annoying. Sometimes I can see the window mirror shake, and my hood pulses up and down when it's at it's worst.

The same here, but I believe that the only way to solve or at least try to solve it is continuously talking with GM and the dealer. This forum is great but the GM engineers look this in a different way, in special when we start to see to discussion based on ice or not.. we can do all type of experiences here, but will be worthless to bring it to GM (for several reason, like environmental not controlled, accuracy of the results, unwillingness to recognize the problem, etc)

Unfortunately they will not read our posts here and call us, we need to keep calling them...

Edited by BR-TEXAS

My vibration was so bad in my first, every time I get on the highway in this truck, I get nervous till I get up to speed.. I drove almost 600 miles @ 77-80 mph and not once did I have any vibration other than shitty I4 conditions on my trip to Daytona. I drove in rain and 95+ temps and it was smooth at all temps and conditions. I had 3 hundred pounds of luggage in the bed and 6 people in the cab as well. The real test will be when I drive to Tennessee in 2 weeks for a family vacation.

Edited by 20Bowtie14

Well, it has been nearly a week since the service director and I took my truck out for a drive and no response from him yet. I will give them 7 business days (tomorrow) and then send a reminder email.

Geesh...this experience on this truck has been nothing short of a nightmare.

So I'm getting no where so far. After being told that the vibration can't be fixed two fridays ago and calling GM on the following monday, a district manager said she would call me back in 24-48 hours. I got no such return phone call after 3 days so last thursday I went to the dealer and spoke to the general manager who assured me he would get to the bottom of it and give me a call back. I never got a call back from him either or GM. So today I went back to the dealer and spoke to the general manager of the dealership and got no where again!! He said he would call me in a couple of hours after he speaks to the service manager so we will see how this turns out. I put another thousand miles on the truck this past weekend and I just can't stand it anymore. They better not ding me for miles on a buy back because they are dragging their feet.

Here is my cup holder water bottle video too!