Yeah lots of people with non Z's having vibration issues if you read back through the entire thread which takes a while to do.

Interesting...because the more I drive mine, the more I think the Z71 is waaaay stiffer than my previous Z71's (even the ones with torsion bars)...and a major contributor to vibration via road imperfections that you cannot see on seemingly smooth roads.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

^I definitely agree with this but I think what you're describing is more a characteristic of the truck and not the vibration problem some are complaining about here. If you go watch those youtube videos posted a few pages back you'll see a rather violent vibration. But yes these trucks do all have stiffer suspension as GM tried to beef up the suspension in this design. I definitely feel every little thing in the road in my Z but it still feels in control which is nice. Just wish I had Bilstein shocks!

Edited by Silverado-Hareek

I am having the vibration, shake in the rear as well.I have had it to the dealer four times and independent shop once all they do I re balance the tires and say its fixed.ITs NOT FIXED.it came from the dealer with a 4" lift and wheels and tires on it, I've had lifted trucks in the past with no issues.this is ridiculous, five times its been in to be fixed and nothing. I've been a Chevy guy my whole life, my father and grandfather too,but $47000 for a truck that I'm embarrassed to ride anyone around in is bs.by the way it starts shaking around 60 and does not stop, I've had it to 90

For everyone with the shake / wobble problems...do you feel it gets worse with these summer temps we're in now?

I read your post stating tires didn't fix your truck... What's the build date? Curious to see if its early builds having this issue. Mine had a slight vibe but tires completely fixed that. My first was terrible no matter what the dealer threw at it and that was 06/13

I read your post stating tires didn't fix your truck... What's the build date? Curious to see if its early builds having this issue. Mine had a slight vibe but tires completely fixed that. My first was terrible no matter what the dealer threw at it and that was 06/13

So your on your second truck? I think they may buy mine back.. waiting to hear from them today or tomorrow. My build date is 10/13.. made in mexico!

I doubt it. Mine was built 5/13 and has been smooth and quiet for the entire year I've had it. No difference or changes last summer, last winter, or this summer.

I doubt it. Mine was built 5/13 and has been smooth and quiet for the entire year I've had it. No difference or changes last summer, last winter, or this summer.

O well. Hope we figure this out eventually..

So your on your second truck? I think they may buy mine back.. waiting to hear from them today or tomorrow. My build date is 10/13.. made in mexico!

Yes, GM and my dealer bought my first back after they replaced the rear end and it didn't fix it..

Yes, GM and my dealer bought my first back after they replaced the rear end and it didn't fix it..

How much of a process was it to go through? And did it cost you any as far as a loss from youir original down payment / trade etc? I'm just weighting my options right now.

How much of a process was it to go through? And did it cost you any as far as a loss from youir original down payment / trade etc? I'm just weighting my options right now.

I'd be interested in the process and proper steps to take as well.

Update on my truck. I met the service director this morning and he drove my truck with me in the passenger seat. He acknowledged a vibration at speed and thought it was "harmonic" in the drive train somewhere. He put it in neutral a few times at speed and noted more vibration when in gear.

He did not rule out tires or rims but the RFB balancer is not operational at this time.

When we got back to the dealership, he mentioned swapping out a set of tires and rims from another truck on the lot but wanted to drive another one to see if it had same vibration.

He also said it did not feel like a driveshaft, but more of an "everything" issue, meaning transmission, exhaust, and engine related.

The bad news was he told me up front GM Tech may need to be called because if it is said combination, it will be very hard to diagnose.

I won't know the results of his driving another truck (although I did drive one and it wasn't as bad) and a recommended course of action until after the holiday weekend.

I had a friend who worked at a GM dealership for 5 years drive the truck and he noted same vibration at nearly all speeds and was kind of perplexed by it. He is going to talk to some of his tech friends that work at larger dealerships to see if they have dealt with this issue.

I drove his LT double cab Sierra and it drove like a truck should.

I guess I will see what next week brings after the holiday.

Edited by M1Tanker

Felt a vibration in the steering wheel this morning going to work around 70 mph. I haven't felt it in a few weeks. So add that to the list of clues......vibration comes and goes? I used to think it was temperature related but it's been hot as hell here for over a month. I have driven about 1,300 miles since my tires were rotated and I had them rotated right before I went on a 7 hour trip to South Carolina that was mostly a smooth as glass drive other than the crappy parts of the interstate pavement. I'm still thinking my vibration is tire related based on these clues but I can't be 100% sure.

I'm going back to tires as well. But I'm sort of done with guessing and troubleshooting this truck. Mine was a lot better after rebalance the tires and drive shaft but it's come back at this point...so points to tires maybe? See,s like after I get going, for 10 miles or so at HW speed the tires start hopping or jiggling but then again it could be anything at this point. Calling the dealer again and going in for the 4th time. This time I'm going to have an honest talk ans tell them I'm done, either the truck gets fixed or I dont want it back...time for GM to figure this out. It's not fair for a customer to be put through this.

• Like 1