In conversation with my service advisor, he commented some suspicion from GM regarding the aerodynamics in this new body. But when I asked why double cab, crew cab short and crew cab long have the some problem, no answer.. I know that is different, but I had the vibration with and without tonneau cover.

Yeah, I still have a vibe with my tonneau cover on as well.

I don't have a shake or vibration issue (that i don't know off)but yesterday after making a trip to Houston I noticed that when I am accelerating at 85 or more I hear what appears a humming noise coming from the front of the truck. Anybody else is having this issue?

I don't have a shake or vibration issue (that i don't know off)but yesterday after making a trip to Houston I noticed that when I am accelerating at 85 or more I hear what appears a humming noise coming from the front of the truck. Anybody else is having this issue?

.... create a new thread!

+1 Retard. Go troll somewhere else

You are clueless.

Seriously? Go back and check when this vibration thread was started. It's been a significant problem for almost a year now. Moron.

Enough with the name calling. Get back on topic.

• Like 2

Well, wishfull thinking...it was just the cooler temps and not the tailgfate being down. It was mid 90's when I left my client and the truck was vibrating on the way home with the tail gate down. I still think it had a little bit of an impact, but not a big one at all. Oh well. Back to the drawing board...cuz GM certainly isn't at their's.

Well, wishfull thinking...it was just the cooler temps and not the tailgfate being down. It was mid 90's when I left my client and the truck was vibrating on the way home with the tail gate down. I still think it had a little bit of an impact, but not a big one at all. Oh well. Back to the drawing board...cuz GM certainly isn't at their's.

The impact it likely had was the drag force created by letting the tailgate down. Basically when it's up a pocket of air forms and travels in a circular motion within the bed allowing air that passes over the front of the truck as you drive to continue to pass over the pocket in the bed. The pocket of air in the bed acts almost like a camper shell. When you let the tailgate down, the pocket of air can't form so air passing over the truck from the front doesn't flow nicely over the bed and instead exerts a downward force on the bed creating drag. This is why letting your tailgate down while driving is worse for fuel economy, not better. Mythbusters did a whole study on this. That downward force or drag likely helped calm the vibration down but was neither the culprit nor the solution for the vibration problem.

I CANT WIN... I BOUGHT NEW TIRES.. NOT IT. .EVEN THOUGH IT RODE SMOOTH AS GLASS AFTER WORDS FOR A COUPLE DAYS.. REBALANCED..SMOOTH AGAIN FOR A COUPLE DAYS.. INSTALLED DYNA BEADS WITH NO CHANGE... HAS ANYONE REPLACED RIMS AND GOTTEN RID OF THIS PESKY VIBRATION??? IM AT MY WITS END... CAN I AFFORD TO PUT TIRES AND RIMS ON

.YES...BUT WHY IN THE CRAP SHOULD WE ALL BE BUYING TIRES AND RIMS, WASTING OUR TIME AND MONEY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT GMs PROBLEMS?... I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS TRUCK TO ANYONE AND IM A COUPLE DAYS WORTH OF IRRITATION AWAY FROM GETTING RID OF IT. ..

I to have noticed a shake while slowing to stop,then turning right it still shakes slightly as I pull away.it seems like it goes into v4 as I'm stopping (no v4 light on )which at low rpm might shake worse?and stays until I accelerate.

Sierra 2014. V6 double cab

I CANT WIN... I BOUGHT NEW TIRES.. NOT IT. .EVEN THOUGH IT RODE SMOOTH AS GLASS AFTER WORDS FOR A COUPLE DAYS.. REBALANCED..SMOOTH AGAIN FOR A COUPLE DAYS.. INSTALLED DYNA BEADS WITH NO CHANGE... HAS ANYONE REPLACED RIMS AND GOTTEN RID OF THIS PESKY VIBRATION??? IM AT MY WITS END... CAN I AFFORD TO PUT TIRES AND RIMS ON

.YES...BUT WHY IN THE CRAP SHOULD WE ALL BE BUYING TIRES AND RIMS, WASTING OUR TIME AND MONEY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT GMs PROBLEMS?... I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS TRUCK TO ANYONE AND IM A COUPLE DAYS WORTH OF IRRITATION AWAY FROM GETTING RID OF IT. ..

So if it cured it for a few days and came back, it seems that the tires are slipping on the wheels and throwing it off again (stating the obvious here I know). Wonder if the new wheel design has something to do with it.

Does anybody have this issue with aftermarket wheels?

They rebalanced my factory 20s with the Goodyear ls2's, twice, still shakes. I then put on my aftermarket 20s with toyo open country at2s(rode smooth on my 12 sierra).. Didn't help the shaking that's still there.

Anyone with non-Z71 (stiffer suspension) has the vibration issue?

I tested some z71 and non-z71 and looks like the non-z71 absorb (hide) the problem better.

I dont doubt that...I have a Z71 and run my tire pressure so they never exceed 33 when warm...today was in the 90's and they expanded out to 34...one was at 35. It helps a it for sure.

The temps here today were in the low 90's...very bad shaking at highway speed. Has anyone else noticed this? In the am on the way to work it's not too bad....but once it warms up wow...completely unacceptable ride. I'm not kidding here...looking forward to the fall and a better riding truck. Mine seems to really run poorly in this heat...runs poor, seems sluggish, MPG went down a bit, and shakes worse. Whats up with these trucks?

Anyone with non-Z71 (stiffer suspension) has the vibration issue?

I tested some z71 and non-z71 and looks like the non-z71 absorb (hide) the problem better.

Yeah lots of people with non Z's having vibration issues if you read back through the entire thread which takes a while to do. Edited by Silverado-Hareek