Quick update to my initial post. (12 days into the issue) After constantly badgering the dealership for two days, I get a phone call. "After discussing the issue with GM engineers, we are unable to diagnose the issue. However, some tolerances in your rear end were slightly off, therefore we are planning to re-build your entire rear end. It will take us approximately 5 days to get the parts, then a few more for the labor." I responded to this by contacting the head of the service department, who was completely unaware of my ongoing issue. I instructed him to re assemble my truck, and I will pick it up, and bring it to the dealership where I initially purchased the vehicle. I am heading in to said dealer tomorrow, and I am not planning on leaving until I am provided a new truck.

After further discussing my problems with the GM customer service rep handling my case, she has labeled the issues as "unresolvable". Hopefully this will assist my case in convincing my dealer to replace the vehicle.

I will post updates when I return tomorrow.

Either the tire/wheel assemblies have excessive radial force variation, the rear driveshaft (propshaft) is out of balance or the right side engine mount needs to be shimmed 3 mm. Those are the only vibration issues that I have seen with a K2XX truck.

What are the vib symptoms that shimming the engine mount takes care of?

Just something to think about....why do these trucks have 2 different a arms installed.

Some trucks have steel a arms, and some have aluminum ones.

My truck has steel a arms, and has the vibration issue also. Anybody have aluminum a arms and vibration issues.

Aluminum no vibes.

We need a redirect here...no sense in arguing. Let's get back to diagnosis and experiences or this thread is going to lose credibility.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I understand that those of us having vibration issues would like to figure out what the problem is and have it resolved...But speaking for myself...I for one don't have the time to keep dealing with the dealerships..I have went beyond the dealers and talked to engineers and they have no clue.. we shouldn't have to figure out GM's problem. I think everyone has some good ideas as to what might be the problem or problems. And that's fantastic. I just want a truck that I like to drive and feel safe driving. I'm hoping the new tires will be the fix...But I'm not getting my hopes too high. I know the dealer is tired of seeing me as I'm tired of seeing them. Got my fingers and toe's crossed...

I understand that those of us having vibration issues would like to figure out what the problem is and have it resolved...But speaking for myself...I for one don't have the time to keep dealing with the dealerships..I have went beyond the dealers and talked to engineers and they have no clue.. we shouldn't have to figure out GM's problem. I think everyone has some good ideas as to what might be the problem or problems. And that's fantastic. I just want a truck that I like to drive and feel safe driving. I'm hoping the new tires will be the fix...But I'm not getting my hopes too high. I know the dealer is tired of seeing me as I'm tired of seeing them. Got my fingers and toes crossed...

Also I have mentioned this forum to the service manager and engineers and they say you can't believe everything on here ...That a lot of people over exaggerate their issues... Really?? I don't kid about spending 40K and don't think anyone else would either!

Also I have mentioned this forum to the service manager and engineers and they say you can't believe everything on here ...That a lot of people over exaggerate their issues... Really?? I don't kid about spending 40K and don't think anyone else would either!

I feel the same way, I was just trying to remind folks we are trying to discuss the truck and not call each other names...that can go south in a hurry.

I am as mad as anyone on here and would like a fix as well. I can't imagine how much more mad I would be if I had actually paid the $46K sticker and didn't have some equity from my trade. As it stands, I only owe a little over $29K and I am still as mad as can be.

I can't say that his statement is 100% accurate. I will say that those of us that are here, are here for a reason. We are more passionate about our trucks. Its more then just a vehicle, a item that gets us from A to B. We are the OCD of the truck world. Others out there don't care, and it doesn't bother them, or they don't even notice the issues that we can identify. To say that we lie, is out of line. To say that we are more critical, is true.

To note: I have a friend who is a su chef, you should hear the way he talks about the equipment they buy at his resturant. To me it just a stove or a pan, to him its a piece of equipment that he relies on.

Edited by anthony2558

Quick update to my initial post. (12 days into the issue) After constantly badgering the dealership for two days, I get a phone call. "After discussing the issue with GM engineers, we are unable to diagnose the issue. However, some tolerances in your rear end were slightly off, therefore we are planning to re-build your entire rear end. It will take us approximately 5 days to get the parts, then a few more for the labor." I responded to this by contacting the head of the service department, who was completely unaware of my ongoing issue. I instructed him to re assemble my truck, and I will pick it up, and bring it to the dealership where I initially purchased the vehicle. I am heading in to said dealer tomorrow, and I am not planning on leaving until I am provided a new truck.

After further discussing my problems with the GM customer service rep handling my case, she has labeled the issues as "unresolvable". Hopefully this will assist my case in convincing my dealer to replace the vehicle.

I will post updates when I return tomorrow.

Why didn't you have them rebuild the rear end...sounds like that has helped other people with the vibe issue.

We are the OCD of the truck world. Others out there don't care, and it doesn't bother them, or they don't even notice the issues that we can identify.

Wow... you hit the nail on the head! If you look at the trucks out on the road, do you think those drivers are really going to care or complain or even NOTICE a vibration? No way. It just a truck to most of them.

My oldest son is a typical example. His truck is the nastiest thing I've ever seen.

When I tell him he needs a new truck, he responds... "A truck's a truck. Who cares?"

Yes, we are the OCD.

Edited by Luster

I can't believe it took me a few week to finally try this but....if people could drop their tailgate and then go for a ride on the highway at 70 mph plus and report back, I'd appreciate it. I drove 20 miles that this just this am, temp 78 degrees and was very surprised by the ride quality. Will need more testing to be sure. Please try and report back if you can.

I can't believe it took me a few week to finally try this but....if people could drop their tailgate and then go for a ride on the highway at 70 mph plus and report back, I'd appreciate it. I drove 20 miles that this just this am, temp 78 degrees and was very surprised by the ride quality. Will need more testing to be sure. Please try and report back if you can.

In conversation with my service advisor, he commented some suspicion from GM regarding the aerodynamics in this new body. But when I asked why double cab, crew cab short and crew cab long have the some problem, no answer.. I know that is different, but I had the vibration with and without tonneau cover.

This seems squirrely