How about giving gm time to research and fix the issue. You folks sound like a bunch whining kids..... How do you know that gm isn't working on a fix? Nissan had the same issue and it was eventually resolved.

Be patient children....

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

You are clueless.

I'm resolved that GM will not help us with our brand new trucks, despite clearly a combination of poor build quality or out of spec drivetrain, that somehow after " millions of miles" of testing, somehow ended up with such a glaring vibration problem. There are now took many of us suffering from this to dismiss it as a isolated problem. Very disappointed in GM, and all I can say after 5,400 miles, is it's a nice looking truck but It drives like a POS. Just dealt with another 85mile highway drive on Friday night, which will be repeated Sunday, and many more weekends to follow, and had to bite my tongue while my seat, headrest, center console, all vibrating away, because my wife in the passenger seat said she doesn't want to hear anymore complaining about the problem. It's pathetic that the one good thing about my first GM pickup experience that I can say is only 2.25more years before my lease is up. GM you have lost me as a customer as soon as the lease expires. And I am taking every opportunity to share my poor experience with as many people as possible. I hope everyone else does the same. The more people are aware of this vibration problem the more it will effect GM, and someday maybe that will provoke GM to help us, instead of ignoring the problem. Frustrated owner, who can't wait for the lease to end...good work GM

I know what you mean about telling everybody and yes I don't think GM really cares because the truck keeps selling. I have had my truck in a total of 4 times for the vibration and no luck getting it fixed. I will say since GM doesn't return calls they are loosing out as I was driving thru the Wendy's drive thru and the guy stuck his head out the window and asked me what I thought of the truck. I laughed and told him that I love it but am sick with all the problems that I have had. Then he asked would I recommend buying it, again I laughed and said not this year and what to look out for next year. GM is doesn't seem to care and I have been as loyal as they come to GM and maybe its times for a change. Good luck everybody with their ongoing problems.

• Like 1

It took Nissan over a year to figure the vibration problem out with them as well.

I am frustrated as well, but saying gm doesnt care and that they aren't working on a fix is stupid. just because they aren't on here daily giving us an update doesn't mean they aren't aware .

Its a big problem affecting many people and their pocket book with the buy backs and tire purchases. I would be willing to bet they are working it.

Anyone who says they aren't, is the moron.....not me.

Of course, I am being an optimist here...

Edited by bogeypro

Has anyone done a poll on how many '14 trucks are affected by the vibration issue?

One poll on this forum suggests that 84% of the '14 owners polled are completely satisfied and in fact "Love their truck"... and are having no problems whatsoever.

Is it the other 16% that are having shake/vibration? If so that's a pretty high percentage for that specific issue.

How about giving gm time to research and fix the issue. You folks sound like a bunch whining kids..... How do you know that gm isn't working on a fix? Nissan had the same issue and it was eventually resolved.

Be patient children....

It's comments like this that makes a person shake their head. Most everyone here is sharing their experiences and resolutions in trying to find a solution "collectively"..... There are over 2000 posts. 2000!!!! Troll somewhere else. We all have spent about $40k+ each for our trucks. We'd kind of like to figure out what's wrong and enjoy what we purchased. Wtf?!?

Ok I thought the shake and vibration was gone but it is still there. was supose to get a couple new tires a week and a half ago but have not heard from the dealer. this is the first new truck I have bought in 20 years and couldn't be more dissapointed. I had a 1996 chevy 1/2 ton basic model that was a good truck 200 thousand plus miles when I traded it in for the 2014 I have now....I'm convinced GM really is going down hill fast they don't seem to care. at my wits end. I have talked to person( I will not mention thier name) about it and they are somewhat of a big wig in GM and has knolwlege of the fact and will not admit it that there is a problem with these trucks (Kinda off the record talk) So I have told everyone my honest opinion about my truck....DON"T BY ONE !!!

It's comments like this that makes a person shake their head. Most everyone here is sharing their experiences and resolutions in trying to find a solution "collectively"..... There are over 2000 posts. 2000!!!! Troll somewhere else. We all have spent about $40k+ each for our trucks. We'd kind of like to figure out what's wrong and enjoy what we purchased. Wtf?!?

Why does it make you shake your head? I'm simply saying to be patient and not say stupid stuff like gm isn't working on a fix or they don't care. Those comments are the ones that should make you shake your head. That's what I'm saying....

• Like 1

We need a redirect here...no sense in arguing. Let's get back to diagnosis and experiences or this thread is going to lose credibility.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a 14 Silverado Crew cab 4x4 LTZ Z71 with this vibration problem at 43 mph and 68-80. Its worse when towing and I feel it from 5-20mph when leaving a light with the boat.. Its been road force balanced 2 times and I just took it back again on friday and had the dealers shop foreman drive the car and he felt the vibration too. He said he contacted GM and they were well aware of the issue but there is no fix currently. As he explained it to me they are stating that it is a "harmonic vibration" throughout the frame that is being felt from the combination of everything in the driveline spinning. Apparently the frames on these trucks are very thin and they flex alot more than previous years models. They were made that way to reduce the weight of the truck to get better gas milage. Whether this is true or not I am not an engineer and I cant say for sure but he seemed to be very knowledgeable about it. He also told me the other dealer in town replaced almost everything in the driveline on another truck and it didnt fix it and that its specific to the quad cab short bed models.

After talking to the advisor and foreman they said there was pretty much 3 options. Deal with it as being a characteristic of the truck.. which I will not after spending the amount of money I did, or call GM and try a buy back or trade in assistance on another one.. or by putting a lift and bigger tires will change the characterisitics of the drive line and it "MAY" go away. Not sure if that will fix it because as soon as I put a lift on they will say I modified it if it still vibrates. And why should I have to lift a brand new truck to make it ride like it was designed to.

All this after they handed me a paper from GM about the HD radio saying their solution to the problem is to diable it, and the transfer case "safety" recall that currently has no fix. I have also had my radio knobs replaced with the lighted ones AND the drivers bottom seat cushion for being loose. Seems like my truck has ALL of the problems people talk about on here.

All in all I felt the dealership was great to deal with but the problem is with GM! I will be calling them monday and discussing my options. This is unacceptable!

He said he contacted GM and they were well aware of the issue but there is no fix currently. As he explained it to me they are stating that it is a "harmonic vibration" throughout the frame that is being felt from the combination of everything in the driveline spinning. Apparently the frames on these trucks are very thin and they flex alot more than previous years models. They were made that way to reduce the weight of the truck to get better gas milage.

But not all of the 14's have this issue.

Based on satisfaction polls on this forum, over 80% of '14 owners are having zero problems and are completely satisfied with their trucks.

In my opinion that would rule out a lighter weight frame as the source of the problem. If true, all the trucks would have vibration.

Edited by Luster

I think the light weight could have something to do with it on the Z71 because it appears they kept the same suspension as before with a lighter weight truck?

I have noticed in mine, that any bump at any speed, causes the truck to vibrate in the steering wheel and the trim because it is so stiff. I am used to a stiff absorbtion of a bump, but what is throwing me off is the vibration caused, by what I deem to be the stiffness.

Translate this to 60 MPH and given that no road is truly smooth...I am thinking I know where the problem lies in mine.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Either the tire/wheel assemblies have excessive radial force variation, the rear driveshaft (propshaft) is out of balance or the right side engine mount needs to be shimmed 3 mm. Those are the only vibration issues that I have seen with a K2XX truck.

I would definitely like to hear more from a GM master tech like yourself on this issue.

I have a 14 Silverado Crew cab 4x4 LTZ Z71 with this vibration problem at 43 mph and 68-80. Its worse when towing and I feel it from 5-20mph when leaving a light with the boat.. Its been road force balanced 2 times and I just took it back again on friday and had the dealers shop foreman drive the car and he felt the vibration too. He said he contacted GM and they were well aware of the issue but there is no fix currently. As he explained it to me they are stating that it is a "harmonic vibration" throughout the frame that is being felt from the combination of everything in the driveline spinning. Apparently the frames on these trucks are very thin and they flex alot more than previous years models. They were made that way to reduce the weight of the truck to get better gas milage. Whether this is true or not I am not an engineer and I cant say for sure but he seemed to be very knowledgeable about it. He also told me the other dealer in town replaced almost everything in the driveline on another truck and it didnt fix it and that its specific to the quad cab short bed models.

After talking to the advisor and foreman they said there was pretty much 3 options. Deal with it as being a characteristic of the truck.. which I will not after spending the amount of money I did, or call GM and try a buy back or trade in assistance on another one.. or by putting a lift and bigger tires will change the characterisitics of the drive line and it "MAY" go away. Not sure if that will fix it because as soon as I put a lift on they will say I modified it if it still vibrates. And why should I have to lift a brand new truck to make it ride like it was designed to.

All this after they handed me a paper from GM about the HD radio saying their solution to the problem is to diable it, and the transfer case "safety" recall that currently has no fix. I have also had my radio knobs replaced with the lighted ones AND the drivers bottom seat cushion for being loose. Seems like my truck has ALL of the problems people talk about on here.

All in all I felt the dealership was great to deal with but the problem is with GM! I will be calling them monday and discussing my options. This is unacceptable!

I do believe this is part of the problem, and why it's gone un-corrected for so long. How do you correct this sort of problem. I notice on mine, I can hit the HW and bring it up to 70 to 75 and all is well...only after a while the vibration builds and becomes annoying. I also see a difference in temperature. I've mentioned this before but I think there are many factors working together to cause this vib problem...engine / exhaust harmonics, too stiff a suspension with too light a frame, etc. It's a recipe for a poor ride. If it were a gear, or a prop shaft, or a tire all in itself GM would have issued a recall and fixed it. There in lays the problem...in their "million miles of testing" they absolutley saw this issue and decided not to address it. The cardinal rule of designing autos is....give the driver a good driving experience. They failed to do this and have no idea how to correct things. They did swap aluminum drive shafts for steel and that seems to have helped the issue a little bit, but the design here is flawed. I've thought about using rubber and making my own suspension dampeners but seriously...I have better things to do with my time. I actually hate working on vehicles, and despise troubleshooting a new vehicle every time I drive it. GM is about to release the 15's, so this is old news now and will never be addressed. It's an unfixable design unfortunately. Our mistake was believing that GM would never release crap...but that went and did that. Mines been to the dealer 3 times for vibs, and needs to go back for other broken crap. Enough. I'm getting out of this as soon as I can without loosing my shirt. In the meantime I'm letting everyone know who asks me how I like my truck...I tell them to steer as far away as possible from GM. I turned a guy away last night, and another Town employee who is getting ready to outfit the highway shed with new trucks. "Finding new Roads"? ....yeah, any road that you cant get up to HW speed so you have your filings in your mouth when you get to where you're going!

Edited by MJFlores