Hmmm GM's attempt at addressing the rougher ride on these trucks? http://blog.caranddriver.com/smooth-touch-gmc-makes-adaptive-dampers-standard-on-2015-sierra-1500-denali/

I personally don't mind a rough ride from stiff suspension since these were stiffened up to make the truck stronger.

guess the mag ride will cost 4 grand or more. Just put 5100 Bilsteins on and your ride will more controlled and less harsh. And you can raise the front too with them.

guess the mag ride will cost 4 grand or more. Just put 5100 Bilsteins on and your ride will more controlled and less harsh. And you can raise the front too with them.

Oh I'm definitely putting on the 4600's or 5100's as soon as these Rancho's need replacement.

Just made a 1300 mile road trip up the east coast. I75 in Fla, I95, and route 81. Some sections of road were horrendous, shaking the console, and passengers seat, while other roads were smooth as butter. My dealer put michelin's on my truck which made a huge difference all around. For those who haven't followed, I have a 14hc cc 4x4 with 3.42, and 6.2 motor. My cruise was set at 80, and 75 the entire trip. Avg 21mpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Update.. Had the service manager go for a ride with me. He tried lecturing me on sidewall profiles of 20" tires, how they road force balanced them, he's ridden in worse trucks blah blah blah. Their next step he says is to hook up their vibration tester since I already have a completely different set of wheels and tires on already. He doesn't figure its drive line related.. He acknowledges the shaking is there... But then said they wont even look at my truck again till hes back from vacation in 2 weeks. Hes like well think about it if you would like to pursue this.. No i want to shake down the damn road all the time. Said ill be seeing you in 2 weeks.

^an offroad shop seems like a good idea at this point

After looking in this tread the last few month I though I will give in update on my truck. Z71 5.3 4.42 gears 2wd 24000 miles to date I drive a lot for work lol. Got it in February after about a week it started to vibrate at hwy speeds. Took it in same stuff that everyone has heard here before. After multiple balances and road force I decided take it somewhere else on my dime. After talking to two shops I bought new tires nitto crosstrek 265/65/18 size the same that was on their. Help a little but that was not the main vibe. Call gm today they got me a hold of another dealer in my town. That im taking it to next week. After they find me a loaner truck to drive. I hope they will work with me more than the last. the last dealer i have bought 3 trucks and 2 car from them in 7 yrs plus what my mom and brother has got from them . never had a problem till now blows my mind. Good luck guys

Uggh. I've just about given up at this point. The 2014 Silverado, is just one of those models we'll all be laughing about years from now. It's the one that shook and drove like crap on the HW. The one people had seat issues with, the drink holders couldn't hold a bottle of anything...the groaning 4 wheel auto, the crappy radio reception, the one with the exhaust valve that freezes shut and keeps you from starting your truck...and whistles like a fake turbo for the other half. They were nice looking trucks though, they'll say... as if that's all that matters in the big scheme of things. What a shame....GM just isn't the same company that we all thought had our backs. They're all about money apparently....produce what will see for the cheapest possible and ignore the complaints that come in. Just tonight, my steering column started clicking and grinding when I pulled in the drive way after work. I may be done boys. Next we'll see Walmart selling GM trucks...seems fitting.

Uggh. I've just about given up at this point. The 2014 Silverado, is just one of those models we'll all be laughing about years from now. It's the one that shook and drove like crap on the HW. The one people had seat issues with, the drink holders couldn't hold a bottle of anything...the groaning 4 wheel auto, the crappy radio reception, the one with the exhaust valve that freezes shut and keeps you from starting your truck...and whistles like a fake turbo for the other half. They were nice looking trucks though, they'll say... as if that's all that matters in the big scheme of things. What a shame....GM just isn't the same company that we all thought had our backs. They're all about money apparently....produce what will see for the cheapest possible and ignore the complaints that come in. Just tonight, my steering column started clicking and grinding when I pulled in the drive way after work. I may be done boys. Next we'll see Walmart selling GM trucks...seems fitting.

And the resale value will be non-existent. Sad. I will give em a few chances to fix it, but if they cannot, it may be wise to get out while you can. I can't see these things holding any value at all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edited by M1Tanker

I'm resolved that GM will not help us with our brand new trucks, despite clearly a combination of poor build quality or out of spec drivetrain, that somehow after " millions of miles" of testing, somehow ended up with such a glaring vibration problem. There are now took many of us suffering from this to dismiss it as a isolated problem. Very disappointed in GM, and all I can say after 5,400 miles, is it's a nice looking truck but It drives like a POS. Just dealt with another 85mile highway drive on Friday night, which will be repeated Sunday, and many more weekends to follow, and had to bite my tongue while my seat, headrest, center console, all vibrating away, because my wife in the passenger seat said she doesn't want to hear anymore complaining about the problem. It's pathetic that the one good thing about my first GM pickup experience that I can say is only 2.25more years before my lease is up. GM you have lost me as a customer as soon as the lease expires. And I am taking every opportunity to share my poor experience with as many people as possible. I hope everyone else does the same. The more people are aware of this vibration problem the more it will effect GM, and someday maybe that will provoke GM to help us, instead of ignoring the problem. Frustrated owner, who can't wait for the lease to end...good work GM

Hmm, anyone thought of taking the shaking issue to the media. I bet if an investigative news reporter did a story on this problem GM would probably get this fixed real quick. Looking at all the recalls as of late I'm sure they don't need anymore bad publicity.

How about giving gm time to research and fix the issue. You folks sound like a bunch whining kids..... How do you know that gm isn't working on a fix? Nissan had the same issue and it was eventually resolved.

Be patient children....

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How about giving gm time to research and fix the issue. You folks sound like a bunch whining kids..... How do you know that gm isn't working on a fix? Nissan had the same issue and it was eventually resolved.

Be patient children....

Wow.

Be patient children....

Seriously? Go back and check when this vibration thread was started. It's been a significant problem for almost a year now. Moron.