Talked again with the service manager. Ring and pinion should be in at the end of the week. I will report back on how it went.

After reading some of the most recent comments, I wanted to add what he had learned from GM field engineer. They think that and have also had some tolerance issues with the teeth. Some are measuring zero clearance and some will be at 5,000ths. He said that under load/pressure you could get a vibration because you are going back and forth between clearance and no clearance. Also, the gears warm up while driving and of course when pushing more wind, towing, etc... Could make sense why my truck would vibrate more on a 45 degree crosswind. Again, hope this fixes it. I will report back. He promised me he would let me know what the measurement was of my old gears. Again, build date of 12/13 in Mexico. 5.3l Crew All Terrain.

FYI- The field manager said they have replaced 6 sets of ring and pinions in his area. How big that area is; I don't know...

Edited by Chappy 1901

Talked again with the service manager. Ring and pinion should be in at the end of the week. I will report back on how it went.

After reading some of the most recent comments, I wanted to add what he had learned from GM field engineer. They think that and have also had some tolerance issues with the teeth. Some are measuring zero clearance and some will be at 5,000ths. He said that under load/pressure you could get a vibration because you are going back and forth between clearance and no clearance. Also, the gears warm up while driving and of course when pushing more wind, towing, etc... Could make sense why my truck would vibrate more on a 45 degree crosswind. Again, hope this fixes it. I will report back. He promised me he would let me know what the measurement was of my old gears. Again, build date of 12/13 in Mexico. 5.3l Crew All Terrain.

FYI- The field manager said they have replaced 6 sets of ring and pinions in his area. How big that area is; I don't know...

Good luck. My money is still on the use of shims.....

• Like 1

So I have decided to post my ongoing vibration issues to the forum, as it appears I am not alone in this journey.

About three weeks ago, I purchased a 2014 Crew Cab, 2WD V6 Silverado with a 6.5ft bed. Recently (as in last week) I noticed a vibration resonating throughout the truck when I reached 30mph, and when maintaining speed, the vibration remained as well. I decided to bring the truck in to Chevrolet, and after a test drive with a service tech, he acknowledged the issue. After leaving the vehicle at the dealership, the issue was diagnosed as a bad drive shaft from the factory, and therefore covered under warranty. I was provided a complimentary loaner vehicle while we waited the four days for the drive shaft to arrive from Michigan (I am in Florida). Yesterday, I received a phone call from the dealership informing me the new drive shaft had been installed, however the issue was not resolved, and in the words of the tech, "it might be a little worse." He then informed me, they were now unsure of the source of the problem, and they were "attempting to figure it out." No progress update today, and no prediction of a timeline for resolution.

I have researched the Lemon Law procedures for FL, and I now must wait 7 days before formally notifying the manufacturer of the issue (the vehicle must be "out of service" for 15 days, OR Chevrolet must have made 3 separate attempts to fix the issue).

It goes without saying, I am extremely frustrated that this is happening with a brand new vehicle. And additionally the lack of a priority I feel the dealer has placed on resolving it, has not done much to ease my frustration. Hopefully good news comes soon!

I will keep you all posted on the progress.

So I have decided to post my ongoing vibration issues to the forum, as it appears I am not alone in this journey.

About three weeks ago, I purchased a 2014 Crew Cab, 2WD V6 Silverado with a 6.5ft bed. Recently (as in last week) I noticed a vibration resonating throughout the truck when I reached 30mph, and when maintaining speed, the vibration remained as well. I decided to bring the truck in to Chevrolet, and after a test drive with a service tech, he acknowledged the issue. After leaving the vehicle at the dealership, the issue was diagnosed as a bad drive shaft from the factory, and therefore covered under warranty. I was provided a complimentary loaner vehicle while we waited the four days for the drive shaft to arrive from Michigan (I am in Florida). Yesterday, I received a phone call from the dealership informing me the new drive shaft had been installed, however the issue was not resolved, and in the words of the tech, "it might be a little worse." He then informed me, they were now unsure of the source of the problem, and they were "attempting to figure it out." No progress update today, and no prediction of a timeline for resolution.

I have researched the Lemon Law procedures for FL, and I now must wait 7 days before formally notifying the manufacturer of the issue (the vehicle must be "out of service" for 15 days, OR Chevrolet must have made 3 separate attempts to fix the issue).

It goes without saying, I am extremely frustrated that this is happening with a brand new vehicle. And additionally the lack of a priority I feel the dealer has placed on resolving it, has not done much to ease my frustration. Hopefully good news comes soon!

I will keep you all posted on the progress.

I am also in Florida. Mine is in for the 4th time now and a total of 17 days out of service. I'm waiting for a new drive shaft to come in next week which they are telling me should fix my truck. I've got a CC with the shorter bed. I hope the driveshaft fixes my vibration but after reading your post who knows. I love the truck but hate driving it on the highway. Let us know what your dealer comes up with next.

I am also in Florida. Mine is in for the 4th time now and a total of 17 days out of service. I'm waiting for a new drive shaft to come in next week which they are telling me should fix my truck. I've got a CC with the shorter bed. I hope the driveshaft fixes my vibration but after reading your post who knows. I love the truck but hate driving it on the highway. Let us know what your dealer comes up with next.

Good luck guys. I'm in Jersey. My truck is at my dealer for the 16th consecutive day. This is the third time its been in for a total of 35 days and I just bought it in march!

Returned my 2014 Silverado Double Cab LT 4X4 back to the service department with less than 300 miles on because of shaking and vibration. They got rid of most of the problem by road force balancing and replacing two tires. I still get a vibration between 45 and 50 and again on the highway at 70 plus. My question because I don't think I read it any where on the forum, has anyone had a problem with the power steering control module feature they call Smooth Road Shake Compensation? It's controlled by software and sensors which are suppose to help reduce steering wheel vibration. Maybe it could be sensors or even software not doing the job it's suppose to do.

Returned my 2014 Silverado Double Cab LT 4X4 back to the service department with less than 300 miles on because of shaking and vibration. They got rid of most of the problem by road force balancing and replacing two tires. I still get a vibration between 45 and 50 and again on the highway at 70 plus. My question because I don't think I read it any where on the forum, has anyone had a problem with the power steering control module feature they call Smooth Road Shake Compensation? It's controlled by software and sensors which are suppose to help reduce steering wheel vibration. Maybe it could be sensors or even software not doing the job it's suppose to do.

I posted a link to an article that mentioned that equipment a few days ago.

I am going to mention it to service department next week.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think that only shields the driver from steering wheel vibration, although I could be wrong. Most people seem to feel it in the body of the truck...floor, seats, etc. I'm betting if the culprit where one item, GM would have a fix by now. I think there are many different items working together to cause these trucks to ride terribly. Junk tires, electric steering, new (defective) body mounts, too stiff shocks, frame issues, poor drive shafts, vibrating exhaust...it's like GM has never built a truck before. Aside from No Starts, poor ride quality is the number one characteristic to avoid in a new vehicle and this has GM stumped? Come on GM. If they're not going to care about us...go out of business already.

M1Tanker, Sorry I must have over looked your post. I feel that the software or sensors could be be too sensitive. I get a loose feel when I drive over a rough road that's what got me thinking about this Smooth Road Shake Compensation feature.

No worries fella...good to know someone else is thinking about it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Update.. Picked up the truck yesterday, road force balanced the wheels/tires again. It helped a bit but the shaking in the seats and steering wheel is still there. Decided to throw on my aftermarket 20s and toyo open country at2s on when I got home. This setup was on my old 2012 sierra which rode nice and smooth. Still shakes.

So I've pretty much ruled out wheels and tires. They better take a look at the driveline next. This is really starting to make me mad.

After road force balancing the tires on your truck, what does GM think the numbers should be? I've read where the Hunter machines used to balance your tires at some dealers are made just for GM problems they have. Of course the tech has to have the training and time to spend as dealers are always pushing.

They told me they aim for under 24. My dealer replaces anything higher than that with a new tire, although I think they first try to spin the tire on the rim to get a lower value. Right now I have, or had 2 tires that were at 2, one at 12 and one at around 8 I think? It drove better but still has a shimmey.