Bought my 2014 Sierra All Terrain Double Cab V6 used with 16k miles on it. Has the 20 inch Goodyear Wrangler SRAs on it. With 19k miles on it I'm getting a vibration from 73 mph- 80 mph; the worst amount of vibration at 76-77 mph even after a RF balance from the dealer. Truck has been at the dealer for a few days now.

Dealer took wheels and tires off of other trucks on the lot and came to the conclusion it shakes with other new 20s and doesn't shake with 18 inch rims and tires. With 19k miles on the tires they will not do anything for me and are pointing fingers at cheap tires causing my vibrations. Was told that these trucks having a rough ride is a characteristic of the vehicle. Rough ride or not still doesn't explain why it is vibrating at high speeds. Rough ride and vibrations don't go hand in hand.

Having a set of 4 Michelin LTX M/S2s being put on tomorrow hoping that they are correct about the tires causing the vibration.

Also brought up the issue of vibrations and shutters caused from truck being in v4 mode and seeming like it wants to stay in v4 mode longer than it should. Was told by dealer the AFM is acting how it should and it is normal to feel slight vibrations or shutters. I have an 07 impala with AFM and it is seamless. I guess we are just going to have to drive these new trucks as they were designed and it is "normal" vibrations...

Here is my latest.... After pushing GM on their FACEBOOK page, they messaged me on the side and got my details of what has been happening. This morning at 7AM I received a call from my dealers service manager and said they received my case and wanted to let me know what the plans were. He talked with tech assist and the field engineer and they have come up with replacing the ring and pinion gears. From what I have heard their is an issue with trucks built before March 2014. My build was 12/13. I sure hope this fixes it. I'm sure my dealer hates seeing me and I really just want a truck I can be happy driving. The damn thing looks great but the vibration is unbearable at times. I have to give a shout out to my service manager at my dealer. He has been wonderful to deal with! The guy could not be better. He is doing a GREAT service for this dealer. The parts are to be in by the end of the week. I will keep you all posted.

• Like 1

Bought a 2014 Silverado LTZ with 20" rims last August when they first came out. I test drove it to approx. 55 mph and all seemed good. On the way home from the dealership the day I bought it, I noticed a severe vibration in the backs of the seats once I reached highway speeds, 73+mph. I called the dealership immediately. We'll I have had my truck in to them prob. 12 or more times and finally they just told me it vibrates but is with-in specs.... BS, this thing rides like a skateboard! The only thing that reduced the vibration was road-force balancing the tires. It still vibrated but not as bad. We'll, it's been about 4 months since my last visit to the dealership, and my truck is back to vibrating pretty bad. They changed a few tires along the way but that didn't help. I got the same BS responses from the techs that other people have posted. I gave them a bad survey and now they don't want to deal with me because they're afraid I will continue to give them bad reviews, because they CANT FiX IT. Completely done with GM products!! Unsat!! Once I'm not too far upside down on this truck, it's getting traded in on something other than a GM product, good thing I got 1.9% interest. If ya'll have heard of a fix please let me know.

Here is my latest.... After pushing GM on their FACEBOOK page, they messaged me on the side and got my details of what has been happening. This morning at 7AM I received a call from my dealers service manager and said they received my case and wanted to let me know what the plans were. He talked with tech assist and the field engineer and they have come up with replacing the ring and pinion gears. From what I have heard their is an issue with trucks built before March 2014. My build was 12/13. I sure hope this fixes it. I'm sure my dealer hates seeing me and I really just want a truck I can be happy driving. The damn thing looks great but the vibration is unbearable at times. I have to give a shout out to my service manager at my dealer. He has been wonderful to deal with! The guy could not be better. He is doing a GREAT service for this dealer. The parts are to be in by the end of the week. I will keep you all posted.

That's great news...I'll be waiting to see if that fixes your issue. If so, I'll ask my dealer to do the same. Please keep us posted.

• Like 1

Got a call from the dealership saying its fixed today. Went in, looked at the service report said all wheels were out of balance... 2.5/2.0/2.0/1.5 oz. Test drive was confirmed with service manager. Thought to myself, ok good that seems reasonable.

Got on the highway, just as bad as before. Turned around immediately and back it went.

As if they test drove it on the highway... Shakes like crazy around 120k/75mph.. Looks like my adventure is just beginning.

Why can't there be an honest service manager out there? Mine has been to the dealer three times now and three times in a row, they say it is fixed from the vibration. Within a quarter of a mile, I can tell it isn't fixed. How big of an idiot do they think the owners are? To me, their failure to identify that it is not repaired, shows how much the service dept. is lacking in quality technicians and service managers. Hell, they can't even feel or admit there is a vibration. It is like they are begging the owners to lemon law the truck, just so they don't have to waste anymore time troubleshooting it.

On my 2007 Classic extended cab, and on my 20010 crew cab (both Z71), I would get the same vibration when towing any trailer, boat or utility.

Those trailers were not that heavy, but they were a little bit of a load

I just thought of this, so if anyone has an idea of a correlation between a vibration and towing, then that might be a place to start looking.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

On my 2007 Classic extended cab, and on my 20010 crew cab (both Z71), I would get the same vibration when towing any trailer, boat or utility.

Those trailers were not that heavy, but they were a little bit of a load

I just thought of this, so if anyone has an idea of a correlation between a vibration and towing, then that might be a place to start looking.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If this was the case it sounds like pinion angle to me, but wouldn't describe why our new trucks don't shake under 70mph and do over since it is the same pinion angle at all speeds, unless you are towing. I know the Nissan Titan had a bad vibration at 45 mph that was eventually fixed after a few yrs with some shims. Maybe this is the case in our trucks as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why can't there be an honest service manager out there? Mine has been to the dealer three times now and three times in a row, they say it is fixed from the vibration. Within a quarter of a mile, I can tell it isn't fixed. How big of an idiot do they think the owners are? To me, their failure to identify that it is not repaired, shows how much the service dept. is lacking in quality technicians and service managers. Hell, they can't even feel or admit there is a vibration. It is like they are begging the owners to lemon law the truck, just so they don't have to waste anymore time troubleshooting it.

Same with mine, soon as I hit 60km/h blocks away from the dealership I could tell. I took it on the highway to check the higher speeds, no improvement.

However I'm still fairly confident with this service department. Bought my 10 camaro at this same dealership. Service was really good then so I came back here to purchase. Was in there for service years ago with a similar issue. They did find it, by replacing the driveshaft.. Suspect that's the culprit on this truck too

I don't know if those that are saying "vibrate" mean shaking? The video I posted shows the "shaking" I am having with mine 70+mph and wanted to know if this is what you all mean by vibrate. The video is showing an orange cup on the cup holder and I was traveling 77mph on cruise control in V8 mode, it does make it a little worse when it kicks into V4 mode. Anyways, I am working with my dealer to figure this out but the Service Manager did mention the exhaust and told him it was doing this since day 1 when it was stock. I even have one of the first recorded complaints with service 2 days before I even ordered the exhaust.

One thing is that 3 tires were already replaced for being bad sometime last month. They were replaced with the same GY LS2s. They are going to try to find a truck that drives smooth as glass and try those tires so we will see what the outcome of that is. I don't expect much since there has not been much success from what I have read from some of these posts.

Thanks,

JC

JC, I posted a couple video's back in this thread, experiencing the exact shake/vibration. I had better background music tho... dealer found 2 tires road forced out of spec, and replaced with the same good year ls2. didn't change a thing. I kept on him, and he installed Michelin ltx tires. truck rode 100% better.. all around smoother ride. the michelin's road forced in the single digits, except one was a 13. now that I'm close to 5,000 miles on these tires, I'm starting to feel a slight vibration coming back. Oil change, rotate, and balance should correct the issue this weekend. I felt similar vibration on my '09 I had

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'm sure some people are experiencing different issues here, but mine was exactly the same as JC's video. I know from experience the LS2 tires on my '09 rode like crap, and got very slick on wet roads around 30,000 miles. I replaced them at 35,000. I'm told the michelin's should get about 70,000 so its a win win, in my opinion.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I've got an 11/13 build and will be waiting for your update to see if this fixes the problem. Thanks.