Does anyone with a long bed crew cab have vibration issues?

A friend of my dad does. He hasn't taken it in yet for anyone to look at it though. He did tell me the last time I saw him that he has a friend that warned him about a vibration problem specific to chevy to be on the lookout for. He made it sound like it's been around for years but he never got the full explanation. I asked him to please find out and let me know. But I don't think he talks to that guy that often so I don't know. I'll ask him the next time I see him but I don't know when that will be.

Edited by Silverado-Hareek

Just got my truck back with a new set of michelins and it still vibrates at 70+. Not sure what to do next....

Fishingbear,

Make sure they give you the road force numbers. I had a set installed on my first truck and all of the tires were pretty low except one road forced out at 22 lbs which is too high for these trucks and they had to order another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishingbear,

Make sure they give you the road force numbers. I had a set installed on my first truck and all of the tires were pretty low except one road forced out at 22 lbs which is too high for these trucks and they had to order another one.

Fronts were both at 20, don't remember the back. Was told that they had to be below 24 or they fail the test. What were yours after they put on new, new tires?

Fronts were both at 20, don't remember the back. Was told that they had to be below 24 or they fail the test. What were yours after they put on new, new tires?

The specs on 2013 prior were 24, the new 2014 trucks per GM need to be under 19lbs I believe. I would definitely request to have them redone and indexed on the rims. You will definitely feel a vibe even at 20 so I would try and get the number down before you rule out that it's tires. I don't remember the exact numbers on mine but the higest of the 4 was 13#.

Edited by hotrodz37

Just got my truck back with a new set of michelins and it still vibrates at 70+. Not sure what to do next....

I thought it was mostly the cc shorty and the dbl standard.

What model Michelin did they put on? Are these dealer GM tires or regular ones. I've seen other trucks with Good Year SR-A tires that dont look anything like my tires...I have no proof but I feel like the dealerships can get their hands on certain tires that are in no way the same quality as what teh tire dealers sell. No proof of course, just me experience with dealer issues Good year and Bridgestone tires.

brand new truck has been vibrating since day 1. haven't had time to take it in until today. only 900km on it. CCSB 6.2 4x4. i can feel it vibrating above 60km/h on a smooth road.. it gets real bad between 100-130km/h. tires are cheap goodyear eagle ls2s.

pretty disappointing taking it in with under 1k on the odometer :nonod:

at least i have the managers personal truck lol basically the same, except standard box.. rides real smooth. hopefully they'll get mine fixed soon.

Mine is a CC short box too and so is another one at my dealer with the same issue. I drove the sales managers long box cc and it was smooth as glass with 9,000+ miles.

The specs on 2013 prior were 24, the new 2014 trucks per GM need to be under 19lbs I believe. I would definitely request to have them redone and indexed on the rims. You will definitely feel a vibe even at 20 so I would try and get the number down before you rule out that it's tires. I don't remember the exact numbers on mine but the higest of the 4 was 13#.

How did you get GM to tell you what the number should be? Is it in writing anywhere? I called GM customer service and they said they didn't know and put me on hold to call the dealer. After I was on hold for 15 mins he came back and said the tire fails over 24. I had a friend tell me that you can feel a vibe in a tire that is over 16 but can't get anyone at GM or the dealer to tell me that.

What model Michelin did they put on? Are these dealer GM tires or regular ones. I've seen other trucks with Good Year SR-A tires that dont look anything like my tires...I have no proof but I feel like the dealerships can get their hands on certain tires that are in no way the same quality as what teh tire dealers sell. No proof of course, just me experience with dealer issues Good year and Bridgestone tires.

I've never heard of dealer tires. I'd suspect that the tires the dealers get are the same ones you would get at any tire shop. It's possible that the original tires from the factory could be different but I doubt it.

My new michelins are LTX M/S2.

Mine is a CC short box too and so is another one at my dealer with the same issue. I drove the sales managers long box cc and it was smooth as glass with 9,000+ miles.

Again a friend of my dad has a crew cab long bed and his vibrates as well 70 mph and above. Others have posted here about other variations in body style having vibration issues and it's been determined in this thread the problem is not specific to a particular cab style or bed length. It's completely random in that regard.

• Like 1

Until you have the tires trued and balance while on the truck you cannot say they are balance to the best possible. I had some Michelins that were road forced when installed. Would shake at higher speeds. Trued and high speed balance on the truck took care of this.

Note, my Michelins are trued and balanced on the truck. Riding glass smooth. BUT you do get some vibration to the passenger seat etc. Very slight but it is there. You cannot get rid of all such minor vibs as this is just the fact of a car or truck going down the road. You will know when it is excessive.

This thread is really making me question ordering a 2014 sierra all terrain. The thing with this forum is that it makes it seem like everyone has problem while in actuality, it's probly less than 0.5% of owners that actually have a vibration issue.

I don't know if those that are saying "vibrate" mean shaking? The video I posted shows the "shaking" I am having with mine 70+mph and wanted to know if this is what you all mean by vibrate. The video is showing an orange cup on the cup holder and I was traveling 77mph on cruise control in V8 mode, it does make it a little worse when it kicks into V4 mode. Anyways, I am working with my dealer to figure this out but the Service Manager did mention the exhaust and told him it was doing this since day 1 when it was stock. I even have one of the first recorded complaints with service 2 days before I even ordered the exhaust.

One thing is that 3 tires were already replaced for being bad sometime last month. They were replaced with the same GY LS2s. They are going to try to find a truck that drives smooth as glass and try those tires so we will see what the outcome of that is. I don't expect much since there has not been much success from what I have read from some of these posts.

Thanks,

JC

Edited by jcastyo