Here is my latest... Took my truck in for a recall. (Coolant Line) They reprogrammed the ECM and the TCM and made sure the coolant line was OK. Truck now has vibration at 67+ and when held at 70 or high number it gets worse. Took back today and they agree there is a vib. I had a vib before but nothing like it is now. More severe. We talked a lot about the old buy back truck I had and wondered if this isn't an electronic issue with the solenoid that controls the transmission fluid flow into the tranny. Reason we think this is because of the times when the truck does it more. It is usually with a cross wind at a 45 degree, not a straight cross wind and not a head wind. It's like a lugging on the engine but its not as if you can maintain the same speed, drop to M5 or M4 with higher RPM's and the vibe doesn't change. I plan on putting 200 or so LBS of weight in the back to check the shaft angle and see if that helps but at this time I am leaning towards an electronic issue as the truck was tolerable before I took it in and after the recall ECM and TCM reprogram, I have more vib issues. Something is up. TRYING TO FIND THE COMMON DENOMINATOR!!!! Holy crap! Where's the Tylenol.

I went to Home Depot and bought 500 lbs of sand for a test and no change in vibs for me.
  • Like 1

I went to Home Depot and bought 500 lbs of sand for a test and no change in vibs for me.

Good to know. I feel like I have to try it too... May be for not, but I have to try it. I really think it is electronic. I may be wrong but nothing normal seems to be fixing this issue. Some pinhead engineer probably has software causing this issue. :-/

I have felt the same thing with the crosswind and mine also vibes when accelerating from a standing start until you get to 3rd gear, as if it is struggling/shuddering.

There's a service bulletin out regarding the vibration when accelerating from a standing start. I saw it somewhere on this forum. Something to do with the transmission I can't remember but I believe it's fixable.

Truck is still in the shop. Been almost a total of 30 days between the 2 dealers. Should of kept my 13. I'm so sick of this

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

My truck rode smooth as glass with the new tires on there for a few days then started vibrating again... keep balancing over and over. .and everytime they are off 1.25 to 1.5oz... I think they are slipping on the rims..??? Not sure what else to do so I am going to try dyna beads and see if they work..if not..then new rims...if that dont work ill trade this black smoke puffing, vibrating hunk of scrap metal in and never buy another GM product again... im fed up with this. ..

Edited by 2happyhicks

My truck rode smooth as glass with the new tires on there for a few days then started vibrating again... keep balancing over and over. .and everytime they are off 1.25 to 1.5oz... I think they are slipping on the rims..??? Not sure what else to do so I am going to try dyna beads and see if they work..if not..then new rims...if that dont work ill trade this black smoke puffing, vibrating hunk of scrap metal in and never buy another GM product again... im fed up with this. ..

I hate to say this, but I went through the same thing with an 03 Toyota Tundra. Tires could not stay balanced, even after a RFB. That thing got new rims, rotors, axles, and was never fixed. I always suspected the frame was twisted or something.

I came to think of that after I noticed the bed on my truck is not parallel with the rear window. one side is clearly higher than another, which may explain the twist that has the tailgate cables only operating on one side.

Something else to think about...getting tired of trying to figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have been checking this whole damn truck over checking everything. I am going the legal system, to get them to fix, or new truck.

Tires are a piece of the puzzle here, but not everyones issues.

Sloppy drive shaft issues clunking and some vibration some issues too.

Now here is the kicker for most people who have the shudder at speeds below 50mph, or hard shifts from first to second and cluncking delayed shift.....whining noise and a slipping feeling when shifting.

see transmission thread.

I am now convinced this is my issue as well as a lot of others with vibration and clunk 50mph and less.

Tsb #pip5175B: slip or shudder during a launch first, second, third, or fourth gear delayed engaugement into drive or a launch or bump into gear....most noticeable from first to second....it will feel like you are pushed or bumped forward when the tranny shifts, it feels like it is held back longer, them released lauching you slightly forward.

this is what I thing is going on with the vibration issues everyone is having after tires have been ruled out.

This is most noticeable at speed 35-55 mph.

I have not proved this, but this feels like my issue, after all else has been checked.

I hope this helps someone....temperature of tranny oil changes how this vibration feels also, at night it was more, during warm temp it got better....there is a seal that is leaking I am told

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/157944-transmissions-issuesproblems/page-6?do=findComment&comment=1460394

Edited by 2strokesmoke

Don't buy new tires. make GM buy you new tires. Your Goodyears are total garbage! Every single person I know of complaining about the vibration have Goodyears. You don't hear the people with the Bridgestone's or the Continental's complaining of the vibrations. Make the dealership road force balance the tires and check them for roundness. If they can't do it make them pay for you to take it some place. Call GM customer care if they refuse and demand it (personally I'd demand new tires made by another company). As far as the shifting and AFM is concerned have you had the most recent updates done? There are two updates out there concerning both of these systems...

Just bought a '14 that had the 20" Continentals.

Total garbage.

Had the bad vibe come on at 72mph. Rotated the tires, didn't fix the issue.

FINALLY got them to ditch the Continentals, and switched to GY SRAs. Fixed the high speed vibe.

Now to start on the seat and steering wheel vibe..,

Just bought a '14 that had the 20" Continentals.

Total garbage.

Had the bad vibe come on at 72mph. Rotated the tires, didn't fix the issue.

FINALLY got them to ditch the Continentals, and switched to GY SRAs. Fixed the high speed vibe.

Now to start on the seat and steering wheel vibe..,

My SRA's were garbage... I think GM is buying all of the manufacturers defect tires for nothing and trying to save some $.... 1000 miles later on my Nitto's and still smooth as glass!

Well..... A buddy and I screwed around with weight placement in the truck. Put over 250 lbs in the back over axels. Didn't change a thing. Vib comes in at 67 and runs out to cutoff. Took a very large zip tie. 1/2 wide and went around the middle of the drive shaft. The vib came in about 8mph higher in speed. So vibed 75 to cutoff. I'm so damn frustrated by these trucks. I am taking everything personal out of the truck tonight and dropping it at the dealer tomorrow morning and I don't want it back until it's fixed or they give me an alternative vehicle. It's evident to me GM has issues with the driveline in these trucks. I'm on my second now... Does anyone know if the 2500's have the same issues? I would be willing to go to that series (don't need for what I do) but to keep within the same dealership and to put closure to the maddening situation.

Here's something to think about....today I was on the highway with the windows down and the vibration didn't seem as bad as usual. Wife and I were both sort of surprised. I know balancing tires made mine better, and balancing the drive shaft improved things too but...I wonder how much cab resonance, or exhaust resonance has to do with this vibration issue every one is feeling? I know it wouldn't be the total issue but could it be a larger part? Does anyone one here with vibration issues have aftermarket exhaust on their truck? I wonder if any of the guys on the other forum area that have swapped exhaust systems have any high speed vibration / shimmy issues? Just thinking here.

Well..... A buddy and I screwed around with weight placement in the truck. Put over 250 lbs in the back over axels. Didn't change a thing. Vib comes in at 67 and runs out to cutoff. Took a very large zip tie. 1/2 wide and went around the middle of the drive shaft. The vib came in about 8mph higher in speed. So vibed 75 to cutoff. I'm so damn frustrated by these trucks. I am taking everything personal out of the truck tonight and dropping it at the dealer tomorrow morning and I don't want it back until it's fixed or they give me an alternative vehicle. It's evident to me GM has issues with the driveline in these trucks. I'm on my second now... Does anyone know if the 2500's have the same issues? I would be willing to go to that series (don't need for what I do) but to keep within the same dealership and to put closure to the maddening situation.

Yes, the 2500 have the same issue.

If I took a driveshaft and build it within tolerance, but at the high end of specs. Next I build a rear end at the high end of tolerance levels, and add in tires that vibrate, add in transmission vibration and leaf springs that allow movement.

I end up with stacking tolerance that causes a nightmare!

I have been saying all a long that GM has a problem with the torque converter, or pump feeding it. This TSB I mentioned in my last post here talks about a gasket that may be leaking..... this in my opinion must be causing a pressure loss, causing a shudder in all gears, more noticeable at lower speeds.

This is my opinion only and the severity of the vibration changes with the temperature of the transmission. Cooler transmission temps means different metal expansions, and tranny oil viscosity changes too.

Machining may be off causing pressure loss in critical oil passages that feed torque converter or shift valves....or?

I hope people with lower speed vibration take this info/tranny issue and have it checked.

Edited by 2strokesmoke