I have been following this thread and thought I add my 2 cents. When I first got my 2014 Silverado Crew Cab LT with 5.3L and 3.08 gears I immediately noticed vibrations at 60kph and over 100kph. I didn't like the tires from day one and immediately went to the sales person and cut a deal to have Goodyear SRA's switched to all terrain. They only had winter tires and be it was winter time I went with Hankook Pike RW11's. They solved most of the vibrations issues but were not great above 100 kph as they are a pretty soft tire. I kept my eyes peeled for a new set of rims and tires. I found a nice set of 22inch rims off an escalade and put some 305/40R22 Falken Zies ST05's tires on the truck. Let me tell you what an amazing difference. Rides silky smooth and corners like its on rails with no vibrations even up to 160kph. Now the truck has a limiter so I couldn't tell you about vibrations past this speed and no I don't need a lecture on driving that fast. It was done in an controlled environment. I really do like my truck now and everyone that looks at it say its bad ass. When I had the original tires it mad me angry everytime It vibrated and I contemplated getting rid of it. However I don't like Ford, had two, Ram is to rounded and Toyota well gas mileage not so good. I owned an 2004 f150 Lariat used 24liters per 100k then a ranger that just about used as much fuel and couldn't haul shit. So I must say if you have vibrations sell those crap tires and check out 1010 tires.post-126079-0-19795300-1403144641_thumb.jpg

post-126079-0-19795300-1403144641_thumb.jpg

Picked up truck again for vibration and was told it was a characteristic of the new body style, GM rep told the dealership nothing else can be done and they won't do anything else. If this is a characteristic why isn't it in the brochure stating it. What a pain in the seat. To many dollars to move into something else and knowing that every model has problems.

If it's a characteristic of the new trucks, then why do some of the 14's have vibrations and some dont?!!! This is the question that should be directed to this dealership!

I don't think all of these vibration issues are a characteristic of these trucks, but these trucks do ride rougher overall in my experience. I had an LT 4x4 loaner yesterday which was comparable to my 2007 Silverado and the truck yesterday was noticeably harsher riding, but it didn't vibrate. My current 2014 Z71 actually rides a little smoother than the 4x4 did yesterday.....go figure. But you can definitely tell the suspension is stiffer on these trucks. I'm not complaining though. It's a truck and I actually want it to be stronger and more capable so I don't mind the stiffer suspension. But I wouldn't let a rep tell you a vibration is a characteristic of these trucks. A rough ride might be, but a vibration is an entirely different animal. And like I and others have pointed out, why do some trucks vibrate and some don't? That right there is the key question everyone needs to keep in mind when dealing with these morons.

• Like 1

My update, I had my truck in for the 3rd time for vibration issues. They kept it for 3 days and tried everything. The first time I went in, they road force balanced the tires and things got better but not perfect, the second time in they swapped 2 tires and things got much better but not perfect, this third time they swapped tires around on the rims, balanced the drive shaft, and things were almost perfect when I left there...but now it sucks again. Why are these tires out of balance everytime I take it in? When I picked it up it was cool...and temperature plays a huge role in my problem...the hotter, the more "jiggle" in the ride. Something to be aware of...the mechanic and service manager have been very attentive and I feel like they're really trying which is great to see but...is this truck ever going to ride right? Per GM, they asked that they test drive a truck off the lot and if it rode better than mine, they were to swap tires, rims, drive shaft, and rear end out and put them all on my truck to see if it corrected the issue. The mechanic told me they test drove a few, with a vibration tool in the truck and couldn't find one that drove as good as mine...and they have varying tire makes, some with aluminum drive shafts (mine is steel). So, I'm debating what to do here...do I bring it back yet again and see...I cant keep bringing this truck in and sooner or later they're going to say..sorry it's a truck. And they'd be right in saying they all drive like shit because all the ones they have do. I'm close to buying tires and seeing if it fixes things but I dont want to go through more headaches if it doesn't. I've already looked at Kelly Bluebook as a trade in value and according to that I wouldn't be upside down so I may stop at a place (Ford) and see what they'd actually give me...if it's a good deal I'll probably do it, if not I'll buy tires and keep chasing it. Time and frustration are money to me so chasing this forever is a waste and hating a brand new truck is not an option to me. I drive 20,000 miles a year and need to like what I've driving and I'm starting to doubt that I'll ever truly like this truck now. Admitedly, the truck is gorgeous looking...and gets great gas mileage but thats just not enough in my book. The ride quality sucks and should be an embarassment to GM. The elctronics are all flakey, I've had one "no-start" due to "theft deterent system", I've had TPS reset and blast the horn on me for no reason, and I cant even use all wheel drive mode in rain and light snow because of a groan sound from the from diff...per the dealer, dont use it unless it's snowing and really bad out. Really? There's a zillion cars on the road that drive around in AWD all year long and you're telling my in 2014 a Silverado can't do that when my 2010 Silverado did just fine?? Back to the vibrations issue...at this point it feels like tire jiggle and my gut says an alignment and decent tires would fix this but if GM is willing to swap my tires, rims, drive shaft, and entire rear end with parts from another truck, that tell me they have no idea whats causing this or how to truly fix it. This thread was made last August...almost a year ago, and GM doesn't have an answer after almost a year??? They built these damn truck and they should have had an answer after a month or better yet, not had the problem at all. They're either complete morons, or they just dont care about correcting this and having happy GM owners. That part is crystal clear to me. As with everything, I did learn somethng here. Never have brand loyalty...I wanted a new truck, so I blindly bought what GM had out of faith and past experience. Never do this. For now on, no brand loyalty and never buy a first year vehicle and when buying time is coming watch internet forums and see what people are saying for at least 6 months. Well, I have some thinking to do and decide which way I'm going to go with this.

My update, I had my truck in for the 3rd time for vibration issues. They kept it for 3 days and tried everything. The first time I went in, they road force balanced the tires and things got better but not perfect, the second time in they swapped 2 tires and things got much better but not perfect, this third time they swapped tires around on the rims, balanced the drive shaft, and things were almost perfect when I left there...but now it sucks again. Why are these tires out of balance everytime I take it in? When I picked it up it was cool...and temperature plays a huge role in my problem...the hotter, the more "jiggle" in the ride. Something to be aware of...the mechanic and service manager have been very attentive and I feel like they're really trying which is great to see but...is this truck ever going to ride right? Per GM, they asked that they test drive a truck off the lot and if it rode better than mine, they were to swap tires, rims, drive shaft, and rear end out and put them all on my truck to see if it corrected the issue. The mechanic told me they test drove a few, with a vibration tool in the truck and couldn't find one that drove as good as mine...and they have varying tire makes, some with aluminum drive shafts (mine is steel). So, I'm debating what to do here...do I bring it back yet again and see...I cant keep bringing this truck in and sooner or later they're going to say..sorry it's a truck. And they'd be right in saying they all drive like shit because all the ones they have do. I'm close to buying tires and seeing if it fixes things but I dont want to go through more headaches if it doesn't. I've already looked at Kelly Bluebook as a trade in value and according to that I wouldn't be upside down so I may stop at a place (Ford) and see what they'd actually give me...if it's a good deal I'll probably do it, if not I'll buy tires and keep chasing it. Time and frustration are money to me so chasing this forever is a waste and hating a brand new truck is not an option to me. I drive 20,000 miles a year and need to like what I've driving and I'm starting to doubt that I'll ever truly like this truck now. Admitedly, the truck is gorgeous looking...and gets great gas mileage but thats just not enough in my book. The ride quality sucks and should be an embarassment to GM. The elctronics are all flakey, I've had one "no-start" due to "theft deterent system", I've had TPS reset and blast the horn on me for no reason, and I cant even use all wheel drive mode in rain and light snow because of a groan sound from the from diff...per the dealer, dont use it unless it's snowing and really bad out. Really? There's a zillion cars on the road that drive around in AWD all year long and you're telling my in 2014 a Silverado can't do that when my 2010 Silverado did just fine?? Back to the vibrations issue...at this point it feels like tire jiggle and my gut says an alignment and decent tires would fix this but if GM is willing to swap my tires, rims, drive shaft, and entire rear end with parts from another truck, that tell me they have no idea whats causing this or how to truly fix it. This thread was made last August...almost a year ago, and GM doesn't have an answer after almost a year??? They built these damn truck and they should have had an answer after a month or better yet, not had the problem at all. They're either complete morons, or they just dont care about correcting this and having happy GM owners. That part is crystal clear to me. As with everything, I did learn somethng here. Never have brand loyalty...I wanted a new truck, so I blindly bought what GM had out of faith and past experience. Never do this. For now on, no brand loyalty and never buy a first year vehicle and when buying time is coming watch internet forums and see what people are saying for at least 6 months. Well, I have some thinking to do and decide which way I'm going to go with this.

I am with you. I have an appointment Monday to start the process of what everyone has been going through and I suspect I will get told to deal with it. The first hint I had of that was the dealership telling me they will have a tech test drive the truck with me and go from there...that = "normal." I hope not, but I have a sinking feeling that is what I am going to hear. I hope not since I have purchased 3 new vehicles from them in the past 6 years and do all my maintenance there.

I got $10K off the price no questions asked...now I know why. FWIW, I had this same problem with a Tundra 9 years ago and they threw parts at it forever with no solution. Credit to them for trying because it was purchase used, but in the end they could never fix it and I took a loss on that truck after only keeping it a year. Since I am not upside down on this one, I am going to have some thinking to do if they are not willing to try and find out where the problem is coming from. Really makes me mad since I made $11K on my trade as well and this deal was one that lowered truck and insurance a total of $200 a month. Sometimes the deal is indeed to good to be true.

My last two trucks were Z71 and neither of them gave me vibration. They may have ridden rough, but they weren't shakers.

• Like 1

My last two trucks were Z71 and neither of them gave me vibration. They may have ridden rough, but they weren't shakers.

Based on your comment, I'm wondering if it is the non-Z71 trucks that have the vibration issue?

Could be but mine is a Z71.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OK, not the issue then.

I had a '13 and traded it for the '14. I have just noticed that the entire truck is stiffer and doesn't ride a smooth as the '13, therefore intensifying any vibration issue.

I've been watching this thread for a few months. Was going to buy a F150 for work purposes but decided it's cheaper to let my company buy me a work truck. I got a new '14 CC/SB 5.3 2wd 3.08. Pretty nice truck. console, power options... awesome interior. Just did the first hwy trip from Tampa to Orlando. It does have a hwy vibration from the rear of the truck up through the seat bottom. Very slight tight vibration. Nothing that I'm going to waste my time on. But it's there. 18" SRA's. Build date of Aug 2013, Mexico. The vibration comes and goes. I did feel the truck smooth, then the vibration was back. I've felt vibrations like this before. Very small, annoying tight vibrations. It's something in the wheels or driveline. I need to pay more attentions if it's speed and/or V8/4 mode related. But I'm not losing sleep over it. Overall, I think the truck is great. Very quiet on the hwy. Great steering for a truck. Big interior. A+ brakes. the Pandora feature is great. Is the F150 might be a better "Truck". Maybe. But for the light duty stuff I do the Silverado that's free is un-beatable. And the column shifter is not as bad as I thought it would be either. I like the console space. I think the vibration on my truck is similar to what tires out of balance .25 Oz or 1/2 oz feel like. I honestly think it's rim/tire related and the tight suspensions. I don't think GM's "tolerances" of stuff have caught up with the level of product they are trying to produce. In the end, I probably would of bought a Ram. The price, incentives, interior, smooth German-esc driveline and power are hard to beat Vs the issues the F150 and GM's have.

Edited by FL335i

Mine is a Z-71 as well. Very stiff and feels everything on the road, but I dont mind that. I dont mind the rough feel, vibrating in V4 mode either, it's the jiggle on the highway that has to go. This is my 3rd Z71 and I've had too many vehicles to remember and none have driven as poorly as this one at highway speeds. It feels like the tires are all unbalanced but they keep on balancing them to make it ride better for a few days.

Picked up truck again for vibration and was told it was a characteristic of the new body style, GM rep told the dealership nothing else can be done and they won't do anything else. If this is a characteristic why isn't it in the brochure stating it. What a pain in the seat. To many dollars to move into something else and knowing that every model has problems.

Let me translate what the dealer just told you; "We do not care about your issue, we would rather just sell cars. Go away and find someone else that cares."

Mine had the vibration in the steering wheel and they fixed it. It took 5 months of fighting and fixes to get to that point.

The best advice for you is to claim BS on this and consult your warranty book. Go to step 2, it is your next option after the dealer denies the issue.

For your convenience this is step 2.

STEP TWO: If after contacting a

member of dealer management, it

appears your concern cannot be

resolved by the dealer without

further help contact the Chevrolet

Customer Assistance Center by

calling 1-800-222-1020. For Volt call

1-877-486-5846 (1-877-4-Volt Info).

In Canada, contact GM Customer

Care Center by calling

1-800-263-3777: English,

or 1-800-263-7854: French.

We encourage you to call the

toll-free number in order to give

your inquiry prompt attention.

Have the following information

available to give the Customer

Assistance Representative:

. The Vehicle Identification

Number (VIN). This is available

from the vehicle registration or

title, or the plate above the top of

the instrument panel on the

driver side, and visible through

the windshield.

. The dealer name and location.

. The vehicle delivery date and

present mileage.

When contacting Chevrolet,

remember that your concern will

likely be resolved at a dealer's

facility. That is why we suggest you

follow Step One first if you have a

concern.

My issue was resolved but I had to go to these lengths to get it taken care of.

If your dealer is willing to go to all that work in labor to pull the entire drive assembly out of a truck, for what they will charge GM in labor, it would be cheaper for them to just put a set of Michelins on at their expense. Maybe bring that up to them? From what it sounds like, it seems like tires. If it rides fine for a while and then they are out of balance every time you go in to the shop, that would be a red flag to me. I have suggested this before as 20Bowtie14 did, just go buy a set of Michelin tires to "test" and if your vibs go away, keep em. If they don't, take advantage of the 30 day ride guarantee and return them. Michelin will take any tire back if you're not happy with it. I would almost guarentee it will solve the problem or at least make it significantly better. I agree after spending 50k on a truck, we shouldn't have to shell out any more for good tires, but if it solves the problem, at this point what is another 1k. Plus you can sell your tires on Craigslist and recoup some of the money. I sold my GY LS2s for $600. First step would be to get the dealer to foot the bill though, and hopefully if they are willing to swap everything out, they will be willing to buy a set of decent tires.

Let me translate what the dealer just told you; "We do not care about your issue, we would rather just sell cars. Go away and find someone else that cares."

Mine had the vibration in the steering wheel and they fixed it. It took 5 months of fighting and fixes to get to that point.

The best advice for you is to claim BS on this and consult your warranty book. Go to step 2, it is your next option after the dealer denies the issue.

For your convenience this is step 2.

STEP TWO: If after contacting a

member of dealer management, it

appears your concern cannot be

resolved by the dealer without

further help contact the Chevrolet

Customer Assistance Center by

calling 1-800-222-1020. For Volt call

1-877-486-5846 (1-877-4-Volt Info).

In Canada, contact GM Customer

Care Center by calling

1-800-263-3777: English,

or 1-800-263-7854: French.

We encourage you to call the

toll-free number in order to give

your inquiry prompt attention.

Have the following information

available to give the Customer

Assistance Representative:

. The Vehicle Identification

Number (VIN). This is available

from the vehicle registration or

title, or the plate above the top of

the instrument panel on the

driver side, and visible through

the windshield.

. The dealer name and location.

. The vehicle delivery date and

present mileage.

When contacting Chevrolet,

remember that your concern will

likely be resolved at a dealer's

facility. That is why we suggest you

follow Step One first if you have a

concern.

My issue was resolved but I had to go to these lengths to get it taken care of.

What was the fix that resolved the vibration?