Add me to the club. 5.3L 3.42 Crew Cab Z71. Drove fine for 1000 miles. Put a set of Revo 2 tires on and then 4 days later while starting out on a trip I noticed vibe in steering wheel, seat, and floor. I had them put the wheel weights inside the rim and it doesn't look like any are missing, but I am gonna give the tire shop first crack to make sure it isn't the tires...I am sure the dealer will want to start looking with the tires.

it seems to start at 10 MPH on up to highway speed. The truck feels kind of like it is under a load, as if you were towing something. The truck drives straight and gas mileage is still good.

No weird noises, etc...just kind of feels like the tires driving on bricks and truck is under a load.

I'll check this thread for more info when I need to go to the dealer...arrrrgh.

Really mad about this!

I didn't get an alignment. It only had 1000 miles and was driving straight as an arrow so I figured it was good. Something to mention to them. Thanks.

I didn't get an alignment. It only had 1000 miles and was driving straight as an arrow so I figured it was good. Something to mention to them. Thanks.

Yeah it can still drive straight and be out of alignment, just depends on what exactly out of alignment is. I would definitely check that. It's always a good idea to get an alignment after new tires in general so that you don't develop any weird wear patterns on your new tires.

• Like 1

Add me to the club. 5.3L 3.42 Crew Cab Z71. Drove fine for 1000 miles. Put a set of Revo 2 tires on and then 4 days later while starting out on a trip I noticed vibe in steering wheel, seat, and floor. I had them put the wheel weights inside the rim and it doesn't look like any are missing, but I am gonna give the tire shop first crack to make sure it isn't the tires...I am sure the dealer will want to start looking with the tires.

it seems to start at 10 MPH on up to highway speed. The truck feels kind of like it is under a load, as if you were towing something. The truck drives straight and gas mileage is still good.

No weird noises, etc...just kind of feels like the tires driving on bricks and truck is under a load.

Really mad about this!

So you put different tires on and it started vibrating at 10 mph? That isn't near the issue the rest of us are talking about .... Edited by bogeypro

One thing to note though, alignment whether in or out will not cause a vibration on new tires. Maybe if they have been driven thousands of miles on and been out of alignment they would have developed the wear patterns making them out of balance, or harder to balance, but new tires, no way. If it started after the new tires, its the new tires, or some freak coincidence that occurred the same time you had tires put on (doubtful). I would venture to bet it's the tires.

Sounds like a install/balance issue. These trucks seem to be very sensitive to tire balance. My factory good years road forced in the high teens, low 20's and vibrated above 70. Dealer installed Michelin's, road forced in the single digits, and no more shakes

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Really mad about this!

um yea...if it was fine before the new tires, the it was an installation error on the part of the shop that installed the new tires. Take it back and have them rotate the tires on the rims, an rebalance the tires.

Sounds like a install/balance issue. These trucks seem to be very sensitive to tire balance. My factory good years road forced in the high teens, low 20's and vibrated above 70. Dealer installed Michelin's, road forced in the single digits, and no more shakes

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'm agree when you say that these trucks seem to be very sensitive to tire balance. According to the dealer: GM will replace a tire that needs more than 24 but these trucks needs to have a tires with less than 15. take it or leave it.

Based on my current open case and all the information here, tires should be the solution just for some of those trucks. There are various other problems that isolated and associate, creates the vibration. (drive shaft, read end, resonance in the exhaust, etc).

Looks like a very sensitive truck in general, humble customer opinion, they trying to get it lighter and lighter and this is the result... (Crew Cabs: GM: 5200lbs, F150:5600lbs, RAM: 5500lbs). So, when you have 500.000 "sensitive" trucks produced plus some quality control problem, statically we will find a lot with no problem, and a lot with different type of problems...

One tire was out of balance on the truck and the re-balance has made it much better but there is still a vibration at speed (65 mph)...starts at about 50 mph or so. The tire shop doesn't have a Road Force, but the dealer does. Gonna take it to the dealer and have them take a look at the situation and troubleshoot for vibration.

I ran these Revo 2 tires on my previous Z71's (2007 Classic and 2010) without problems and they were perfect combination of road/off-road. It looks like they aren't gonna be the tire for this truck.If you have to Road Force every set of tires, that is gonna be a mess.

Picked up truck again for vibration and was told it was a characteristic of the new body style, GM rep told the dealership nothing else can be done and they won't do anything else. If this is a characteristic why isn't it in the brochure stating it. What a pain in the seat. To many dollars to move into something else and knowing that every model has problems.