One more here... Sierra SLT 4x4 20" all-terrain tires. Produced in feb/14.

Yesterday went to San Antonio and back to Austin. All the time trying to find a tolerable speed which the truck vibrates less, sometimes 73, sometimes 78, sometimes impossible.

Just left the truck at the dealer (second time). First time they just did a RF balance. Partially solved for a couple of hundreds of miles. Truck now with 2.000 miles.... The service manager told me that they have others with similar problem (I asked what was the solution and so far no solution, according to him...) Looks like they don' t know what to do and will start to make some experiences... I saw some new trucks in the service area w/o tires, looks like the rotation games will start...

Silverado cancer apparently . No cure!? Surely not! I'm going to beat this bullshit or I will not settle . I am scheduled to do a video taped test ride of an exact replica of my truck and a ford and a dodge of similar styles . and will be posting soon ! Stay tuned ....

One more here... Sierra SLT 4x4 20" all-terrain tires. Produced in feb/14.

Yesterday went to San Antonio and back to Austin. All the time trying to find a tolerable speed which the truck vibrates less, sometimes 73, sometimes 78, sometimes impossible.

Just left the truck at the dealer (second time). First time they just did a RF balance. Partially solved for a couple of hundreds of miles. Truck now with 2.000 miles.... The service manager told me that they have others with similar problem (I asked what was the solution and so far no solution, according to him...) Looks like they don' t know what to do and will start to make some experiences... I saw some new trucks in the service area w/o tires, looks like the rotation games will start...

Could you make a video using a water bottle in the console like I have and also post on YouTube? Trying to get some video evidence gathered ? please!?

Could you make a video using a water bottle in the console like I have and also post on YouTube? Trying to get some video evidence gathered ? please!?

My biggest question is this.... Why do some Silverado/Sierras have the vibration and some dont???

Is there a common thread?. Mine rides as smooth as glass, yet others have said theirs is almost undriveable. Just trying to get a little better understanding of the problem.

Edited by Luster

My biggest question is this.... Why do some Silverado/Sierras have the vibration and some dont???

Is there a common thread?. Mine rides as smooth as glass, yet others have said theirs is almost undriveable. Just trying to get a little better understanding of the problem.

Ive been trying to get some answers to this question, doing research and asking various mechanics from other brands their thoughts, its tough.

I still think it's mostly tires. Either they're slipping on the rims, or they've worn unevenly and are no longer round. Unfortunately I don't think road force balancing simulates highway speeds over 55 or so. That makes the problem hard to find and fix.

I believe it to be mostly tires as well. Mine is going in today to be checked out. The first time mine went in it greatly improved with just a balance on all 4. The second time they replaced 2 tires and it was great for a while but it's back. If they dont find anything big, I plan n marking the tires...especially the rear with a grease pencil and see if they're indexing n the rim. That would explain the "almost fixed, but issue comes back" condition. All of the 18" rims could be slightly undersized..who knows? Through my own trouble shooting, I've eliminated the AFM, the exhaust valve, and the transmission from the equation. The drive shaft is marked with a welded weight for balance so I'm doubtful thats it. A rear end issue I would think you'd feel with all speeds and wouldn;t go away and come back with temperature, etc. Rims and ties could be in my future...who knows. They'll figure it out.

Yes the common thread is poor quality control.

Some may have a problem with bad tires or rims, another may have a bad rear end, drive shaft, transmission or drive shaft.

If you are lucky you only have one of these problems.

If you have a compound issue with two or more items it is much harder to locate.

I still think it's mostly tires. Either they're slipping on the rims, or they've worn unevenly and are no longer round. Unfortunately I don't think road force balancing simulates highway speeds over 55 or so. That makes the problem hard to find and fix.

That is why truing a tire prior to balance is critical to well balanced no hop tire. Hard to find someone to do it properly but worth the look. Then strobe balance on the truck if possible. This is better than road force as it helps balance the tire, rotor etc...

I believe it to be mostly tires as well. Mine is going in today to be checked out. The first time mine went in it greatly improved with just a balance on all 4. The second time they replaced 2 tires and it was great for a while but it's back. If they dont find anything big, I plan n marking the tires...especially the rear with a grease pencil and see if they're indexing n the rim. That would explain the "almost fixed, but issue comes back" condition. All of the 18" rims could be slightly undersized..who knows? Through my own trouble shooting, I've eliminated the AFM, the exhaust valve, and the transmission from the equation. The drive shaft is marked with a welded weight for balance so I'm doubtful thats it. A rear end issue I would think you'd feel with all speeds and wouldn;t go away and come back with temperature, etc. Rims and ties could be in my future...who knows. They'll figure it out.

I did marking the rear tires to check if they were slipping. With just one day of observation (with some hard launch with cold tires) and no slipping.

I did marking the rear tires to check if they were slipping. With just one day of observation (with some hard launch with cold tires) and no slipping.

yea it takes A LOT to have tires slip on a rim. I highly doubt this is the cause of peoples vibration issues. Plus, tires are not gonna slip will the truck is already in motion. If they are going to slip on the rim they will do it on hard take offs from a standstill.

New guy here, I joined when I found this thread online... Here's my experience, I bought a 2014 GMC Sierra Regular Cab 4.3 2WD. From the very beginning I had a very bad vibration at 1400 RPMs, it did not matter the speed. I took it in and had the Service Manger ride with me. It was bad enough to shake the steering wheel and he could feel it in the passenger seat. He stated that it was pretty pronounced and not supposed to do that. First the sent the drive shaft off, that didn't fix the problem. Next they switched out the torque converter, still the problem was there. Its been in there shop over a month with GM Engineers looking and still not being able to fix it. Today they called and said they wanted to try and switch out a module in the transmission. I finally lost it, I went into the dealership and told them I'm done, refund my money and I'm going to Ford across the street. They are buying my truck back from me tomorrow and are delivering me a upgraded model to fix the problem. I have a open claim with GM Customer Service, I called them today about the issue and it was a HUGE waste of time. The girl was foreign and I could her someone in the back ground telling her what to say. I was pretty shocked at the Customer Service, she didn't know how to do anything including speak English. I'm hoping that the new truck will not have the same problem, if so I am done with GM. Back to Toyota I will go.

New guy here, I joined when I found this thread online... Here's my experience, I bought a 2014 GMC Sierra Regular Cab 4.3 2WD. From the very beginning I had a very bad vibration at 1400 RPMs, it did not matter the speed. I took it in and had the Service Manger ride with me. It was bad enough to shake the steering wheel and he could feel it in the passenger seat. He stated that it was pretty pronounced and not supposed to do that. First the sent the drive shaft off, that didn't fix the problem. Next they switched out the torque converter, still the problem was there. Its been in there shop over a month with GM Engineers looking and still not being able to fix it. Today they called and said they wanted to try and switch out a module in the transmission. I finally lost it, I went into the dealership and told them I'm done, refund my money and I'm going to Ford across the street. They are buying my truck back from me tomorrow and are delivering me a upgraded model to fix the problem. I have a open claim with GM Customer Service, I called them today about the issue and it was a HUGE waste of time. The girl was foreign and I could her someone in the back ground telling her what to say. I was pretty shocked at the Customer Service, she didn't know how to do anything including speak English. I'm hoping that the new truck will not have the same problem, if so I am done with GM. Back to Toyota I will go.

Dang sorry to hear ! Well I think there is hope for my truck . Sounds like yours was doomed. Can't believe it didn't start with balancing the tires 5 times !

Dang sorry to hear ! Well I think there is hope for my truck . Sounds like yours was doomed. Can't believe it didn't start with balancing the tires 5 times !

Well I'm a 80% disabled vet, I told them they didn't want my lawyer and channel 6 standing in front of the dealership letting the world know that I have brand new truck that won't safely get me back and forth from the VA for my appointments...