I have th 18", 265/65/18 Good Year SR-A tires. I borught it in for vibration at 70+. The dealer swapped out two of my tires around 1500 miles ago. It was almost fixed after they swapped the two, but it's slowly coming back. I believe mine to be a tire issue. When it first started coming back I noticed that on the 2 older tires...if you ran your hand along the sidewall you'd feel bumps and ripples...but barely on the 2 new tires...when the two newer ones are now like that. I'm right on the line of getting an alignment and 4 Nitto Crossteks put on and see what we have afterwards. I might as well just do it because it could very well fix the whole problem for me. If it doesn't I'm still keeping the truck a while so might as wlel have decent tires on it. I know some people are trading out but I'm not going to do that. You take too much of a loss doing that this early in the purchase, and honestly...I'm getting 19.5 to 20 mpg lately so it's saving me money. Other brand trucks arent going to get the gas mileage these new GM's are getting so i think it's crazy to entertain losing on the trade value vs what's owed, plus a hit to the wallet every time you fill up. I had 5 grand in equity to my trade so there's no way I'm pissing that away. I may have talked myself into new tires just now LOL! They can only help...just sucks to dump the money towards them so early in the game.

I've had pretty good luck selling low mileage tires on eBay/Craigslist. I usually start out at about 70% of whatever they are new at Tire Rack. (with less than 5k on the tires) That would recover some of your money.

Up here in Taxachusetts we get a lot of snow (all that warming don't ya know, heh, heh). Anyway those Nittos don't look like or mention snow anywhere in their ads. That's unfortunate. Might have to lean towards Michelin for my big carbon footprint.

I have th 18", 265/65/18 Good Year SR-A tires. I brought it in for vibration at 70+. The dealer swapped out two of my tires around 1500 miles ago. It was almost fixed after they swapped the two, but it's slowly coming back. I believe mine to be a tire issue. When it first started coming back I noticed that on the 2 older tires...if you ran your hand along the sidewall you'd feel bumps and ripples...but barely on the 2 new tires...well the two newer ones are now like that. I'm right on the line of getting an alignment and 4 Nitto Crossteks put on and see what we have afterwards. I might as well just do it because it could very well fix the whole problem for me. If it doesn't I'm still keeping the truck a while so might as wlel have decent tires on it. I know some people are trading out but I'm not going to do that. You take too much of a loss doing that this early in the purchase, and honestly...I'm getting 19.5 to 20 mpg lately so it's saving me money. Other brand trucks arent going to get the gas mileage these new GM's are getting so i think it's crazy to entertain losing on the trade value vs what's owed, plus a hit to the wallet every time you fill up. I had 5 grand in equity to my trade so there's no way I'm pissing that away. I may have talked myself into new tires just now LOL! They can only help...just sucks to dump the money towards them so early in the game.

I'm kind of with you bro. I got almost $13k for my trade in and I have an extended warranty on the new truck. It would be a huge financial hit to trade it away. At the end of the day the truck is good overall except for what I'm hoping is just bad tires causing a steering wheel vibration and not something worse.

Up here in Taxachusetts we get a lot of snow (all that warming don't ya know, heh, heh). Anyway those Nittos don't look like or mention snow anywhere in their ads. That's unfortunate. Might have to lean towards Michelin for my big carbon footprint.

I had Nitto Crossteks on my 2010 Silverado, for 3 out of the 4 years I owned it. I'm in NH so we get snow, and those Nittos were awesome in snow. I really was impressed with them.

• Like 1

I'm kind of with you bro. I got almost $13k for my trade in and I have an extended warranty on the new truck. It would be a huge financial hit to trade it away. At the end of the day the truck is good overall except for what I'm hoping is just bad tires causing a steering wheel vibration and not something worse.

Is your vibration only in your steering wheel? Mine is in the seat and floor...and starting to be in the gas pedal. Right when they swapped 2 tires I could no longer feel any vibe in the pedal...and just barely some in the seat but it's all coming back now. Tonight I ever noticed, the older GYs on the truck have a "ring" all the way around the sidewall now as if I rubber a curb or something, but I'm positive I've never hit or rubbed anything. Something just really seems wrong with these GYs. After looking at them again tonight...starting to wonder if they're even safe to drive on.

Is your vibration only in your steering wheel? Mine is in the seat and floor...and starting to be in the gas pedal. Right when they swapped 2 tires I could no longer feel any vibe in the pedal...and just barely some in the seat but it's all coming back now. Tonight I ever noticed, the older GYs on the truck have a "ring" all the way around the sidewall now as if I rubber a curb or something, but I'm positive I've never hit or rubbed anything. Something just really seems wrong with these GYs. After looking at them again tonight...starting to wonder if they're even safe to drive on.

Yes I notice it in the seat and gas pedal but it bothers me the most in the steering wheel.

And yes I noticed those same spots on my tires and wondered the same thing! I thought "did I hit a curb somewhere? I would remember doing that if I did I'm super careful to avoid it actually." Tonight I also decided to check the treads and the rubber seemed to just rub off when I ran my fingers over it and pushed a little. Like fine bits of rubber were on my fingers.

The fact that you and I are noticing the exact same stuff really has me convinced it's my tires now.

I think I might get my wife to drive the truck slowly down the street while I walk outside it and observe the tires as they rotate just to see how they react when they flex and if there's anything odd.

Edited by Silverado-Hareek

I had Nitto Crossteks on my 2010 Silverado, for 3 out of the 4 years I owned it. I'm in NH so we get snow, and those Nittos were awesome in snow. I really was impressed with them.

That's good to know. And the $127 online price is hard to beat too.

Great tires as well. I got the Terra Grapplers BC here in Florida we don't get too much snow lol. I've had them on my 06 as well and loved em. My dad has 15k on his Lt grapplers and they don't look worn off at all.

I think I might get my wife to drive the truck slowly down the street while I walk outside it and observe the tires as they rotate just to see how they react when they flex and if there's anything odd.

Have you tried jacking up the truck, then placing a piece of 2X4 just under each tire close to the tread and spinning it by hand and observing how round the tire really is? This is a simple test to find an out-of-round tire. Generally you should nto see more than about 1/8 of an inch of up and down movement. Using a simple test like this I found that two new continental tires I bought for my Mazda 626 were completely out of round. the up and down movement in this case was well over 1/4 of an inch. These tires simply could nto be balanced properly and caused unpleasant vibration at speeds over 60 MPH.

Edited by pm26
  • Like 1

Have you tried jacking up the truck, then placing a piece of 2X4 just under each tire close to the tread and spinning it by hand and observing how round the tire really is? This is a simple test to find an out-of-round tire. Generally you should nto see more than about 1/8 of an inch of up and down movement. Using a simple test like this I found that two new continental tires I bought for my Mazda 626 were completely out of round. the up and down movement in this case was well over 1/4 of an inch. These tires simply could nto be balanced properly and caused unpleasant vibration at speeds over 60 MPH.

I have not tried this but I will try when I find some free time on the weekend.

Took mine back again for steering vibrations over 70 mph. The service manager seen the vibration and don't think it is the tires. He said he knows it is a slight irritation to drive like that but they may be nothing he can do. If they don't want to fix it what should I do next??

Took mine back again for steering vibrations over 70 mph. The service manager seen the vibration and don't think it is the tires. He said he knows it is a slight irritation to drive like that but they may be nothing he can do. If they don't want to fix it what should I do next??

Call GM, file a complaint and see how fast they start working on it.

OK guys. I'm not here to endorse Ford or any other brand. Today I took the F150 for a 3hr ride to the shore. My bottle half full of water did not show a single vibration, or ripple like my Chevy did. It rode as Passenger vehicle should (car or truck). After many countless trips do the dealer for my Silverado's vibration issues I gave up. There defiantly is an issue with these trucks. Tires never fixed my issue and I went through 3 different models, two different brands. I hope for GM and everyone here that a fix is found.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Edited by anthony2558

Ok so I just created an account so I could post on this site due to my 2014 z71 having shaking vibration issues . I have posted a few videos on YouTube for proof. I'll i Clyde the link at the bottom of this . So I bought the truck about 6 weeks ago . The truck has 22" rims 6" lift and 35" nitto grappler A-T. It is the upgraded LT package and the 5.3 motor . After the first road trip I picked up on a bad constant vibration and a pulsating rumble . Also when I stomp on it there is an extreme shaking at high rpm . I have had the truck in for service to fix the problem three times already . First time in they said tires were out of balance and it's better come and get it . Only to make it about 1 mile on highway and could tell NOTHING was better . So I brought the truck back and they replaced the driveshaft . This helped eliminate the pulsating rumble about 70 percent . It's still there and noticeable ! I brought the truck in and told them that it rides like a covered wagon at speeds over 65mph and it was at service for two days . They called and said that the all 4 of the tires had slipped on the wheels and that they balanced them again and all better..... NOT EVEN CLOSE! When I get up to 75 mph my passenger seat looks like you could mix a drink on it and everything in the truck that is not secured rattles and shakes . I just drove it 100 miles on the interstate and by the time I got out if the truck my entire body felt numb and was relieved to be back on a shake free planet!

I bought a new half ton pick up to replace my 2011 three quarter ton because I wanted a smoother ride. When i test drove the truck I only got up to highway speeds for a couple miles and now I'm paying the price . This is by far the most annoying and frustrating problem I have ever experienced with any vehicle I have ever owned . I paid upwards of 60k$ for this truck and have yet to be satisfied . I have been loyal to gm my entire life and after this I am considering a change to find a better truck .

Here is a link to my console and just what I'm experiencing in general .

• Like 1