IMG_20140531_100424_984.jpg

My $980 totally worth it set of tires! They're LT275 70 18 Nitto Terra Grapplers. They fill up the well nicely and look a lot more aggressive than the stockers

Nice and this fixed the 70+ mph steering wheel vibration you were having? Any rubbing in the front when you turn the wheel?

Edited by Silverado-Hareek

Nice and this fixed the 70+ mph steering wheel vibration you were having? Any rubbing in the front when you turn the wheel?

They're only one size wider and one size taller than the stock tires and no rubbing. I believe you can go with 285 65's and still not rub. I would 95% say that a wheel vibration is tire related. It would be rare to have a bad CV or something drive related in the front end this early. I couldn't be happier with my truck with new tires at this point. I knew my problem was the tires because I rotated the wheels and the vibration followed the tire that was bad. I wasn't going to go down the same path as my first 14 fighting for things to get fixed so I just got the tires I wanted to begin with. The same tires for the first truck I had with 20's in an LT load E were $1500+ so I waited. These I got @ Tire Kingdom for $225 + installation and taxes. I looked at the Michelin's but liked the look of the Nitto's better. Vibration is 100% gone. Edited by 20Bowtie14

I am glad I did not let this shake issue stop me from purchasing my truck. It is the best vehicle purchase I have ever made. it is an amazing truck.

I wonder what the odds are of getting a dud... 1/1000?? anyhow just thought id post for those in the middle of looking at getting this truck. Do it you wont regret it

• Like 2

They're only one size wider and one size taller than the stock tires and no rubbing. I believe you can go with 285 65's and still not rub. I would 95% say that a wheel vibration is tire related. It would be rare to have a bad CV or something drive related in the front end this early. I couldn't be happier with my truck with new tires at this point. I knew my problem was the tires because I rotated the wheels and the vibration followed the tire that was bad. I wasn't going to go down the same path as my first 14 fighting for things to get fixed so I just got the tires I wanted to begin with. The same tires for the first truck I had with 20's in an LT load E were $1500+ so I waited. These I got @ Tire Kingdom for $225 + installation and taxes. I looked at the Michelin's but liked the look of the Nitto's better. Vibration is 100% gone.

So are these Nitto's Load E rated?

So are these Nitto's Load E rated?

Yes. You feel the road more with the higher pressure E rated tires but its totally worth it not to have vibrations though. Here's the site:http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/Grappler%20truck/terragrappler Edited by 20Bowtie14

I haven't read through each and every one of the 1800+ posts here, but if the vibration is believed to be tire-related, and changing tires seems to solve the issue for some, has anyone researched which tires are the main culpret? (22" Bridgestones here, no vibes.)

Yes. You feel the road more with the higher pressure E rated tires but its totally worth it not to have vibrations though. Here's the site:http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/Grappler%20truck/terragrappler

I feel the road NOW!

I haven't read through each and every one of the 1800+ posts here, but if the vibration is believed to be tire-related, and changing tires seems to solve the issue for some, has anyone researched which tires are the main culpret? (22" Bridgestones here, no vibes.)

Seems to be the Goodyear Wrangler SR-A tires. 18" in my case.

Seems to be the Goodyear Wrangler SR-A tires. 18" in my case.

Interesting. I'll try to read through some more of this thread for some details. (I just haven't had a whole day to invest in reading such a huge topic! ) Thanks for the info.

Edited by Luster

Interesting. I'll try to read through some more of this thread for some details. (I just haven't had a whole day to invest in reading such a huge topic! ) Thanks for the info.

Pretty much anything Goodyear. Most I would say being the Eagle LS2's.

I have th 18", 265/65/18 Good Year SR-A tires. I brought it in for vibration at 70+. The dealer swapped out two of my tires around 1500 miles ago. It was almost fixed after they swapped the two, but it's slowly coming back. I believe mine to be a tire issue. When it first started coming back I noticed that on the 2 older tires...if you ran your hand along the sidewall you'd feel bumps and ripples...but barely on the 2 new tires...well the two newer ones are now like that. I'm right on the line of getting an alignment and 4 Nitto Crossteks put on and see what we have afterwards. I might as well just do it because it could very well fix the whole problem for me. If it doesn't I'm still keeping the truck a while so might as wlel have decent tires on it. I know some people are trading out but I'm not going to do that. You take too much of a loss doing that this early in the purchase, and honestly...I'm getting 19.5 to 20 mpg lately so it's saving me money. Other brand trucks arent going to get the gas mileage these new GM's are getting so i think it's crazy to entertain losing on the trade value vs what's owed, plus a hit to the wallet every time you fill up. I had 5 grand in equity to my trade so there's no way I'm pissing that away. I may have talked myself into new tires just now LOL! They can only help...just sucks to dump the money towards them so early in the game.

Edited by MJFlores