Fixed my vibration - Ordered my new Dodge Ram 3500 Limited and got this to toot around town until my truck arrives in Late July - Early August 499ad3dffe474d34933eb600615483e9!2014043

Good luck with the new truck. But I gotta say, going to a 1 ton 3500 Dodge from a half ton GM is a BIG change. Seems like you predisposed yourself to not wanting the half ton truck if in your mind you knew you really wanted a Heavy duty.

And for the people counting the number of trade ins....gimme a break 10 people on an internet forum is less than 0.0001% of all the total trucks sold. Just because you are unhappy with your truck, doesn't mean the mass population of K2 owners are. Either way, I hope everyone either gets their issues resolved, or they get into a vehicle that they are happy with. God knows I have driven cars that i loath, but this 2014 Sierra is FAR from one of those .

Edited by fondupot
  • Like 1

Good luck with the new truck. But I gotta say, going to a 1 ton 3500 Dodge from a half ton GM is a BIG change. Seems like you predisposed yourself to not wanting the half ton truck if in your mind you knew you really wanted a Heavy duty.

And for the people counting the number of trade ins....gimme a break 10 people on an internet forum is less than 0.0001% of all the total trucks sold. Just because you are unhappy with your truck, doesn't mean the mass population of K2 owners are. Either way, I hope everyone either gets their issues resolved, or they get into a vehicle that they are happy with. God knows I have driven cars that i loath, but this 2014 Sierra is FAR from one of those .

actually I was not predisposed but since I am buying again I decided to go back to heavy duty since I am probably going to trade my motorcoach and will probably get a fifth wheel camper this time around. The service writers even know there is an issue and mine even says they are having their hands tied by GM by mickey mousing the customers about the issues with the trucks. I liked the truck but give me a break buddy I have owned more GM for personal vehicles than any other brand. But I do like to be able to travel somewhere without having a foot message and like for my drinks to be stirred but not shaken. I still have the 4.3 which I must say has been good so far however they are having a hell of a time getting the plugs out of it and told me today they wanted to keep it for another day which is fine by me - went in for a timing cover leaking and at 81K I told them to change all the fluids and tune her up so I did not have to come back till next year ;)

Well I'm glad to say my vibration has went away! After buying new wheels and tires and getting them road force balanced at high speeds, my trucks rides sooo smooth I still can't beilve it. I guess for me it was new tires and new wheels and a guy at a virginia dealership who new how to balance wheels!

• Like 1

Yes, mine has the vibration at 73+ as well (not as bad as the videos), but i still love the truck. I do mostly city driving so it doesn't affect me much, but I could see where those of you would get frustrated with it. That being said, all brands have their issues - the grass is always greener.

I would love to try a set of aftermarket wheels and better tires.

Just remembered that my Nissan Titan (like MANY others) had a vibration around 45. Nissan finally issued a TSB that included shims for the rear between leaf springs and axle and that seems to have resolved everyone's issues.

Might be similar issue with these trucks.

Link to condensed version from Nissan with their TSB info:

http://www.autoserviceprofessional.com/article/92352/nissan-titan-vibration

Edited by bogeypro

Well I'm glad to say my vibration has went away! After buying new wheels and tires and getting them road force balanced at high speeds, my trucks rides sooo smooth I still can't beilve it. I guess for me it was new tires and new wheels and a guy at a virginia dealership who new how to balance wheels!

What were your vibration symptoms?

Also what dealer did you use? I'm in Virginia!

• Like 1

What were your vibration symptoms?

Also what dealer did you use? I'm in Virginia!

I had all the vibration issues, especially at high speeds. Lindsay Chevrolet in Woodbridge,Va. I'm down here doing a job and just happened to stop by.

Thats awesoem that your vibration was fixed. I'm convinced my 73 mph plus vibration has got to be tires. It warmed up here yesterday and it was noticably worse...this am was cool and it was almost not an issue. My GY tired have waves in the sidewall I can feel when running my hand across. I think alot more of us would be happier with better tires..but totally understand not wanting to drop money on something that may not fix the issue. I wonder how large a part the rims played on yours? What tires did you end up getting?

Thats awesoem that your vibration was fixed. I'm convinced my 73 mph plus vibration has got to be tires. It warmed up here yesterday and it was noticably worse...this am was cool and it was almost not an issue. My GY tired have waves in the sidewall I can feel when running my hand across. I think alot more of us would be happier with better tires..but totally understand not wanting to drop money on something that may not fix the issue. I wonder how large a part the rims played on yours? What tires did you end up getting?

I got the cooper zeon LTZ 305/40/22

I had all the vibration issues, especially at high speeds. Lindsay Chevrolet in Woodbridge,Va. I'm down here doing a job and just happened to stop by.

Nice yeah I think mine is tires too. I've noticed the same wavy feel to the sidewall. I've noticed also the rubber on these good years just feels very soft and weak......very cheap. You can just touch them and tell they're not of any substantial quality and every sensitive driver I know that has these tires is complaining of a high speed steering wheel vibration/shimmy. I'll probably tough them out until the winter and then spring for some Michelins. I do have to drive 7 hours in a couple weeks to South Carolina so I'm not looking forward to that sustained high speed drive...........

Then take a break, don't respond to it. Its for what I've seen so far. As someone who has worked for Chrysler, Ford and GM this is new to me. I have not come across owners of the other brands do that with their brand new trucks due to sever mechanical issues like this.

GM has jerked me around for over 2 months on a buyback and say today they aren't doing anything. F them loyal GM customer I'll never buy from them again.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

GM has jerked me around for over 2 months on a buyback and say today they aren't doing anything. F them loyal GM customer I'll never buy from them again.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Get a lawyer!!!!!!!!!!!