I owned a 2011 EB and never had that problem. When you need to get out and pass you'd better hold on. Don't know about your case but that is NOT the norm, pal.

Pal? Im stating what I read, heard and witness, Im not downing the brand I own a 13 F550 6.7 for a service truck. Anything over 1/2 ton Im a Ford guy, under Im GM. So as far as the early EB falling on its face its been documented.

Pal? Im stating what I read, heard and witness, Im not downing the brand I own a 13 F550 6.7 for a service truck. Anything over 1/2 ton Im a Ford guy, under Im GM. So as far as the early EB falling on its face its been documented.

Documented by who? You? You've never owned one but yet have an opinion? Get real. I've never had that problem. Some problems may have existed on the EB but you make it sound like it's a common issue. Prove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine never got fixed and when my original sales man blew me off for asking about GM Buyback and Lemon Law info I left and picked this up.....

2y2uda7u.jpg

How could you go with something so UGLY!? Gah!

Documented by who? You? You've never owned one but yet have an opinion? Get real. I've never had that problem. Some problems may have existed on the EB but you make it sound like it's a common issue. Prove it.

After the 4.6 and the 5.4 spark plug problem and the head gasket problem and the back window pop out problem I pass when ford does a new engine or model. I was lucky enough to miss the 6.0 diesel. I now visit the forums before I buy. Hell there was even a vid on this site on a EB trying to accelerate. Like I stated I own some Ford diesels and like them. By the way that not a Ford in your Sig. Check out the thread on this site about would you buy a GM truck again, the yes are way ahead.

After the 4.6 and the 5.4 spark plug problem and the head gasket problem and the back window pop out problem I pass when ford does a new engine or model. I was lucky enough to miss the 6.0 diesel. I now visit the forums before I buy. Hell there was even a vid on this site on a EB trying to accelerate. Like I stated I own some Ford diesels and like them. By the way that not a Ford in your Sig. Check out the thread on this site about would you buy a GM truck again, the yes are way ahead.

No I traded my EB in for this one. In my opinion it's like these trucks with the vibration problem. Just because a few have the issue it doesn't make it a bad truck.

No I traded my EB in for this one. In my opinion it's like these trucks with the vibration problem. Just because a few have the issue it doesn't make it a bad truck.

I agree, I think Ford makes the best 3/4 ton and up trucks on the road, but I like the GM 1/2 tons the best. Good luck with yours.

Trade. I paid 35k for the Silverado got 30k for trade with 9000 miles on it. The ford has the HID's and they are nice. Very wide pattern, and they are bi-xenon. High beams senda very good high and centered pattern. Glad I have HID's again. My Chevy was just halogens. Seats are sweet, more comfortable then my Silverado 40/20/40. Wife says that "in the ford you sit in the seat, in the Chevy you sit on the seat". If that makes any sense to you guys.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Thanks, are the low beams better? The 14 loaner GMC was down right dangerous on low beam on unlighted rural roads.

Thanks, are the low beams better? The 14 loaner GMC was down right dangerous on low beam on unlighted rural roads.

I know that the low beams (HID) on the ford are far better then the lows on the Silverado with halogens. I've heard people complain about the projectors on the Silverado's, but don't have any experience with them. Also to note the Ford I am driving is equipped with HID's. Aren't all the GM's just halogens inside a Projector lens? If so, its not really a fair comparison due to the fact HID's are just better then Halogens.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

January 2014

Ft Wayne, IN

3.42 gears

Honestly, I'm not sure if they reinstalled the original prop shaft.

I assume that they did, but the service report does not distinctly say it.

thanks for the reply. I will still ask my dealer to look at the gears, they were rumbling pretty good today (under heavy acceleration).

I'm just now discovering this thread. My previous gripes have been posted in the "2014 Owners with Issues" thread. This topic is my biggest issue with my 2014 Sierra All Terrain, but still one of many. It's a $50K truck that rides like a 1950's truck. The steering wheel and seat vibration from about 40-65 mph is utterly frustrating and absolutely not acceptable by anyone's standards. Mine is currently at the dealership for this and multiple other recall or warranty related issues. However, based on reading many pages of this thread I have no confidence there will be a fix for my (our) problem. To validate it further; the dealer gave me a loaner truck with 161 miles on the odometer. It has the exact same vibration and unsteady feel. I'm thinking this is a problem that runs throughout the new GM truck platform and they clearly know about it, but have no idea how to fix it, nor are they really concerned about doing so. It's easy for them to use the standard response of; "vehicle rides and performs as designed", therefore claiming the trucks are working fine by their standards in an attempt to avoid any liability. They know it's not something that'll cause physical harm to the drivers/passengers, therefore they have no worries about fatality lawsuits on this issue, unlike the other mess they're in right now.

The sad thing is that if 90% of us would've known about this issue before buying our trucks, then Ford/Ram/Toyota sales would've shown major growth because there would be about 500,000 less new GM trucks on the road right now.

I'll post my results upon getting mine back from the dealer, but my expectations of a resolution are virtually none. Mine is a 4wd CC, and the loaner is a 2wd CC, both with identical ride issues. That alone shows this problem is rampant across the new platform.

You are so, so right, if I would have known that this vibration existed or I couldn't technically put camping tow mirrors on it I would have never purchased this truck. Don't get me wrong I love the truck its just the frustrating things like that vibration that should not be there. GM is telling me that it is a characteristic of this truck and its total BS in my opinion. The have changed tires and said there is nothing else they can do for me, which is total crap.

Jennifer T., Gregory and the rest of the "GM Customer Care" gang take a look at these posts(I have more on other sites) of people trading in their new 2014's and relate that your supervisors.

I can't believe I am writing this but I did stop by the ford dealership looking this past weekend. Wow that is shocking me that I even wrote that but at least they can have camping tow mirrors on a half ton pickup.

Fixed my vibration - Ordered my new Dodge Ram 3500 Limited and got this to toot around town until my truck arrives in Late July - Early August 499ad3dffe474d34933eb600615483e9!2014043

Well that makes you number 10 on my "Trade my 2014 GM for the competition list" It gets worse by the day.

Well that makes you number 10 on my "Trade my 2014 GM for the competition list" It gets worse by the day.

I bet you money that there's hundreds of Ford owners trading in their trucks on 14 GMs as well... Every manufacturer has their issues. I see late model Ford trucks all the time at my local Chevy dealer. Yea they might come from auctions but not all of them. Its always greener on the other side...
  • Like 1

GM DOES NOT CARE they have bigger fish to fry - such as profit margins - as long as the Silverado secret is out there and they have the wool pulled over the NHTSA eyes there will be nothing done. They should bill the Silverado as the first truck built exclusively for the ladies - we have models that will please any woman from bumper to bumper we assure you the largest vibrator on the road ;)

Just throwing more fuel on the fire

Just got my GM magazine and it states that GMC Sierra is Consumer's Guide Automotive 2014 Best Buy Award. Has 5 stars above it. Also KBB.com's Lowest 5 year cost to own in it's class. Christ, GM still believes the Sierra is the best thing since sliced bread. It talks about the inside luxury. Nothing about how it shakes like a dog shitting razor blades. Huh. Why do they leave that part.