Notified the dealership I was experiencing a vibration in the steering wheel of my 2014 Silverado. Had 750 miles on it. Guy sweeping the floors balanced the tires. Did nothing to fix the problem. After driving it another 700 miles I brought it back. They kept it for 2 days - but the vehicle never moved from the spot where I parked it until a few hours before picking it up. The cashier/mechanic said it drove like the other 2014s on the lot. This is my 3rd Silverado purchased new. None ever drove like this one. Guy said sometimes you just have to live with "quirks". Steering is solid as a rock up to about 50 then has a vibration up to about 60 mph. Ruins the driving experience. Is most apparent when coasting or applying light amount of power- but persists under all driving conditions. I'm guessing its an adjustment that needs to be made to the engine or transmission (not tires) but the dealership doesn't have the technical expertise to diagnose and/or just doesn't care. A few times I've experienced a loss of power for an instant, hear a rattle then everything is normal again. The kind of problem you can't produce on demand for a mechanic. Had high hopes for this truck given all the promo and price paid but will never buy another GM vehicle if this doesn't get resolved. Expressed my dissatisfaction on GM survey - got a call, registered the compliant, nothing after that. I guess it was just a bunch of BS about customer satisfaction.

Notified the dealership I was experiencing a vibration in the steering wheel of my 2014 Silverado. Had 750 miles on it. Guy sweeping the floors balanced the tires. Did nothing to fix the problem. After driving it another 700 miles I brought it back. They kept it for 2 days - but the vehicle never moved from the spot where I parked it until a few hours before picking it up. The cashier/mechanic said it drove like the other 2014s on the lot. This is my 3rd Silverado purchased new. None ever drove like this one. Guy said sometimes you just have to live with "quirks". Steering is solid as a rock up to about 50 then has a vibration up to about 60 mph. Ruins the driving experience. Is most apparent when coasting or applying light amount of power- but persists under all driving conditions. I'm guessing its an adjustment that needs to be made to the engine or transmission (not tires) but the dealership doesn't have the technical expertise to diagnose and/or just doesn't care. A few times I've experienced a loss of power for an instant, hear a rattle then everything is normal again. The kind of problem you can't produce on demand for a mechanic. Had high hopes for this truck given all the promo and price paid but will never buy another GM vehicle if this doesn't get resolved. Expressed my dissatisfaction on GM survey - got a call, registered the compliant, nothing after that. I guess it was just a bunch of BS about customer satisfaction.

Some times you need to just try to fix it your self. You do not say where you are located, but Find a good tire shop that can check run out (roundness) on the tire and do a good road force balance. You are not glued to the dealership. A tire shop that carries that line can warranty a bad tire. I would just trade the junk oems for Michelins and get on with things. If that does not correct it then look elsewhere on the ride for the problem. At least you will have good tires. Or you can beat your head against the wall with this unresponsive dealer.

I have the 18" rims and tires on a 4 door LTZ. they stock Goodyear tires were out of round and the dealer put on Bridgestones. but the steering wheel still vibrates constantly. and you end up with a numb feeling in your hands after a few miles. also every time you hit even the smallest bump it feel really harsh. I was hoping customer service at GM would do something but I may have to start the long process of trying to lemon law this after one more repair attempt. Boy if GM doesn't step up and offer another vehicle then I will share my experience on every website known. That may discourage other buyers. Go buy a ford

2014 Silverado TX edition 20 in wheels Same problem vibration from 65 to 80 a very rough ride you feel everything on the road, had loss of power but like they say you can prove that to the dealer ..1st time at the dealer with 235 miles They have changed 2 rear tire ( Goodyear ) centered motor and transmission mount. 2nd time I took it in they road forced tires and shimmed a motor mount ..But still no fix. I am waiting on a new set of continental tire which should be on the truck by Friday. I will keep you all posted..I am Very disappointed in GM... They are blaming the tires but I think its more than that...

2014 Silverado TX edition 20 in wheels Same problem vibration from 65 to 80 a very rough ride you feel everything on the road, had loss of power but like they say you can prove that to the dealer ..1st time at the dealer with 235 miles They have changed 2 rear tire ( Goodyear ) centered motor and transmission mount. 2nd time I took it in they road forced tires and shimmed a motor mount ..But still no fix. I am waiting on a new set of continental tire which should be on the truck by Friday. I will keep you all posted..I am Very disappointed in GM... They are blaming the tires but I think its more than that...

My money would be bet that it's the tires!

My vibration seems to come in at 35 mph and stay until 60 while accelerating, slow or fast accelerating doesn't seem to matter. At 60mph and up I still feel it but not as bad and have noticed it come back at around 75. As far as the ride this is the worst riding vehicle I've owned! I feel everything on the road and if it's not every road repair strip then it's a constant odd light vibration in the steering wheel, my 04 z71 was smoother. Add that to the transmission with random hard shifts and feeling like its in too high of a gear and lugging at 55 to 60 mph. The newest greatest thing is, now that it's cold out the AFM transitions can be down right horrifying! Sometimes it feels like it's getting stuck while transitioning, yesterday if felt like I ran over a dead deer or something it shook so hard, it actually startled me. Warmer temps like above 30 it seems ok and not all transitions are harsh when cold. Im not the only one that feels these things, other passengers comment on it too. I want to buy new tires to see if it helps the vibration but with all the other issues I'm contemplating on trading it off in the spring.

Don't buy new tires. make GM buy you new tires. Your Goodyears are total garbage! Every single person I know of complaining about the vibration have Goodyears. You don't hear the people with the Bridgestone's or the Continental's complaining of the vibrations. Make the dealership road force balance the tires and check them for roundness. If they can't do it make them pay for you to take it some place. Call GM customer care if they refuse and demand it (personally I'd demand new tires made by another company). As far as the shifting and AFM is concerned have you had the most recent updates done? There are two updates out there concerning both of these systems...

Edited by BringTheRain403

No mater what truck I own I want the Goodyear Duratrac, I do a lot of deep snow driving and for that there second to none (had them on my 04) and I know the dealer isn't going to go for that. As far as the AFM updates I had recall #1330 AFM Calibration and reprogram ECM and TCM done on 10/13 and that seems to be when I started having the issues but that's also the same time the temps started to drop. We have had a few warmer days since then and it seems work fine. I haven't had any updates on the shifting yet.

I have the vibration at 35-50 mph feel it most in the floor. 14 double cab lt with 17s and bridgestones. Haven't taken it in just yet but I was a gm tech and I'm thinking the tcm issue that one guy found makes most sense as it's intermittent and doesn't fluctuate with speed. I'm going to take it in sometime soon and suggest these things and possibly a reflash if available. Mine isn't quite as bad as I'm hearing but it's enough that I feel it in my feet.