So whats been going on with your buyback? Has the dealer made any progress?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Thought I was getting new truck tomorrow but the transporter called me at 6 tonight saying the dealer wouldn't release the truck bc no one from gm told them to.... Pissed is an understatement at this point

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thought I was getting new truck tomorrow but the transporter called me at 6 tonight saying the dealer wouldn't release the truck bc no one from gm told them to.... Pissed is an understatement at this point

Just curious how long the buy back process has taken to this point.

Just curious how long the buy back process has taken to this point.

That's all normal, I took it into my hands to call the lady who was helping me do the buy back and then call the dealership to make sure they were doing their job too. In my case I gave my dealer all zeros on a survey. Due to the reason every time I asked about anything their response was " I'm working for free on this so it's gonna take a while!" .... Ok, when you get your survey don't come attacking me then.

Here is a link to a you tube video that I found. This is the exact vibration that I am having. I still do t think it's the V4-V8 switch that's causing

This. If link doesn't work just go on YouTube and type in 2014 silverado vibration and click on the video with the guy showing you the vibration on his redbull can.

Here is a link to a you tube video that I found. This is the exact vibration that I am having. I still do t think it's the V4-V8 switch that's causing

This. If link doesn't work just go on YouTube and type in 2014 silverado vibration and click on the video with the guy showing you the vibration on his redbull can.

I don't think this has to do with the v4-v8 mode, it started vibrating while his foot was on the gas which is all v8 mode. I know with my truck when I cruise at 75 with with the level on it, and a little bit bigger tires, my truck never switches into v4 and I have the same vibration @ 70+.

I don't think this has to do with the v4-v8 mode, it started vibrating while his foot was on the gas which is all v8 mode. I know with my truck when I cruise at 75 with with the level on it, and a little bit bigger tires, my truck never switches into v4 and I have the same vibration @ 70+.

I agree, this is what I have been telling them. How is it when I have the pedal to the floor and it's in full V8 mode it still vibrates?

I agree, this is what I have been telling them. How is it when I have the pedal to the floor and it's in full V8 mode it still vibrates?

Agreed, I have the same vibration over 70, its tires, or driveshaft at this point. A few people have had their whole rear end swapped out without any change in vibration, unless the new rear end is out of spec as well. I had the rear end in my first truck completely gone through and everything was in spec and the new one still has the same vibration so I would think it to be something other than the axles etc.

Agreed, I have the same vibration over 70, its tires, or driveshaft at this point. A few people have had their whole rear end swapped out without any change in vibration, unless the new rear end is out of spec as well. I had the rear end in my first truck completely gone through and everything was in spec and the new one still has the same vibration so I would think it to be something other than the axles etc.

I find funny how Chevys videos of the truck on their website before it came out described how this was the most comfortable truck out there. How they did so much to reduce vibration. Hmmm, I would like those engineers to get in my truck and tell me that that video is still correct.

damn that's pretty bad.

That sucks.

I just want to say that GM is run by a bunch of bums! No one does there jobs or call back. I'll NEVER buy another GM product after I get rid of my piece of junk shakerado

Back off on the Red Bull and 80+MPH! That'll get you a big ticket up here in Mass! LOL

Seriously though - that sucks.

Everybody should post those videos, with speed, road type, etc. In order to get to the bottom of it, they should also post the specs on the truck, mods, the build date and assembly plant location. How else are we going to get to the bottom of all these vibrations, especially if they are due to different things for different trucks? If GM knows they should speak up now before the proverbial fecal matter hits the fan for them......again.

Some of these certain speed problems seem to have been fixed - but if it takes the owners and this forum to find the root of a major defect it will give GM another big black eye. Mine is fine but I'm already thinking maybe I should trade up for a 2500 if these 1500's turn out to be lemons.

Edited by Mad Max
  • Like 1

Back off on the Red Bull and 80+MPH! That'll get you a big ticket up here in Mass! LOL

Seriously though - that sucks.

Everybody should post those videos, with speed, road type, etc. In order to get to the bottom of it, they should also post the specs on the truck, mods, the build date and assembly plant location. How else are we going to get to the bottom of all these vibrations, especially if they are due to different things for different trucks? If GM knows they should speak up now before the proverbial fecal matter hits the fan for them......again.

Some of these certain speed problems seem to have been fixed - but if it takes the owners and this forum to find the root of a major defect it will give GM another big black eye. Mine is fine but I'm already thinking maybe I should trade up for a 2500 if these 1500's turn out to be lemons.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/160433-2015-silverado-2500hd-with-vibration-problems/

I'm shooting for lemon or buyback. Hopefully this happens, don't want to take a hit on trade. Looking into Ram. I've never owned a Ram before, not even a Chrysler product. Will see.