Antone having any issues with the 6.2. Im close to getting mine bought back, Im not willing to drop another 15k on a 2500 so looks like Im gambling with another 1500. Maybe a more recent build date and a different engine will eliminate some possible issues.

Edited by Aboothlsu

[quoae name=Silverado 6.2" post="1460706" timestamp="1401382636]

Bolt the flapper open on the exhaust and see if that helps, it took my v4 drone/vib away, and then go and have the dealer order you the updated exhaust if your truck was built before December 8 2013

My truck was built 03/14 and had vibration and squeaky between v4/v8. It also sounded like a turbo with as much as it whistled. No update IMO & its just crap their feeding us. I clamped mine and solved my problem myself.

Edited by 20Bowtie14

Bolt the flapper open on the exhaust and see if that helps, it took my v4 drone/vib away, and then go and have the dealer order you the updated exhaust if your truck was built before December 8 2013

My truck was built 03/14 and had vibration and squeaky between v4/v8. It also sounded like a turbo with as much as it whistled. No update IMO & its just crap their feeding us. I clamped mine and solved my problem myself.

Ok quick question, well two. One, where can I find this flap exactly some can do it and two would a aftermarket exhaust work better/ take care of the problem?

Ok quick question, well two. One, where can I find this flap exactly some can do it and two would a aftermarket exhaust work better/ take care of the problem?

The adaptive valve is right behind the muffler and yes an aftermarket would eliminate the dumb @$$ valve. Truck sounds better as well with it open

Edited by 20Bowtie14

The adaptive valve is right behind the muffler and yes an aftermarket would eliminate the dumb @$$ valve. Truck sounds better as well with it open

Thank you very much, I will let you know how it goes.

Was told today by a friend that is a gm tech that they know the axles r out of balance in the rears

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Tell us more about this! Has he fixed a truck with the vibration by changing axels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Was there a update sent to all dealers or something cause I just called them being that my truck is still there and their telling me they have no idea about a updated exhaust.

Was there a update sent to all dealers or something cause I just called them being that my truck is still there and their telling me they have no idea about a updated exhaust. Or a bulletin number that you can give me to help out.

a few pages back someone posted a link to the fix so I printed it off and took it to the dealer and asked if they seen this and they said no but then they popped the service bulletin right up on there computer. We went out and got all the info of my truck like the build date and the number that is stamped on the muffler and mine fit in the bulletin so they ordered me the new one

• Like 1

Thanks, ill see if the new exhaust looks different then what I have and if it does the same thing ill just bolt it bake open also

Just got mine back from the dealer after four days. They balanced the tires and said I need to break in my suspension and the vibration would go away.

That's a joke!

Just got mine back from the dealer after four days. They balanced the tires and said I need to break in my suspension and the vibration would go away.

Take it back! Tell them to road force the tires or replace them, and then drive another new one on the lot and prove that your truck doesn't need "braking in"!

A friend of mine has a 2014 LTZ Z71 with over 17,000 miles on it and his vibrates at speeds over 70+ mph. I think it's the tires. But it's definitely not in need of "breaking in" at that many miles so I'm calling BS on that response from the dealer.

Take it back! Tell them to road force the tires or replace them, and then drive another new one on the lot and prove that your truck doesn't need "braking in"!

They road forced them and said it was only 10 pounds off. I drove another while they were working on mine and it was smooth as silk on the interstate. I bet I will be stuck with it

They road forced them and said it was only 10 pounds off. I drove another while they were working on mine and it was smooth as silk on the interstate. I bet I will be stuck with it

Tell us more about this! Has he fixed a truck with the vibration by changing axels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's all he said. Axels r out of balance and gm knows it.

That's all he said. Axels r out of balance and gm knows it.

So whats been going on with your buyback? Has the dealer made any progress?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk