Well today i bolted the flapper in my exhaust open and went on a 100 mile drive, the truck ran in v4 for over 60miles of it and there was no drone or vibration in the wheel at all. I think ill be going in and getting the new exhaust put on. It really never bothered me but now that i know it can be completely fixed i just as well do it. It also makes the exhaust note sound a little meaner. Thanks for the link

What were your vibration symptoms?

Well today i bolted the flapper in my exhaust open and went on a 100 mile drive, the truck ran in v4 for over 60miles of it and there was no drone or vibration in the wheel at all. I think ill be going in and getting the new exhaust put on. It really never bothered me but now that i know it can be completely fixed i just as well do it. It also makes the exhaust note sound a little meaner. Thanks for the link

Is the new exhaust the same configuration?

What is your build date of your truck, just wondering about my exhaust flap, no noise as of yet!

Thxs

Hi all. Read all 114 pages.

2014 Silverado high country ccsb 4x4 6.2

Manufactured 1/14

Bought in Feb, noticed shimmy above 70mph

1st service at 4500 miles dealer stated 2 tires out of spec, high road force #. Replaced with same g/y ls2 20" shimmy remained same, then noticed steering wheel crooked. Couple days later shimmy turned into SHAKE. Returned to dealer, one of the new rear tires had twisted on the rim knocking it out 3oz. Dealer re-balanced, rotated, re-aligned, and straightened steering wheel. Shake gone, shimmy same. Console, passengers seat shaking above 70. Service manager replaced all 4 tires with Michelin mtx m/s. Truck rides perfect. I drive same stretch of interstate in Florida everyday, spend tons of time in the seat as I work out of my truck. Owned many many trucks, last 7 have been gm. This truck is the nicest all around. No comparison to any other. Hopefully it stays this way, and helps you guys out.

Hi all. Read all 114 pages.

2014 Silverado high country ccsb 4x4 6.2

Manufactured 1/14

Bought in Feb, noticed shimmy above 70mph

1st service at 4500 miles dealer stated 2 tires out of spec, high road force #. Replaced with same g/y ls2 20" shimmy remained same, then noticed steering wheel crooked. Couple days later shimmy turned into SHAKE. Returned to dealer, one of the new rear tires had twisted on the rim knocking it out 3oz. Dealer re-balanced, rotated, re-aligned, and straightened steering wheel. Shake gone, shimmy same. Console, passengers seat shaking above 70. Service manager replaced all 4 tires with Michelin mtx m/s. Truck rides perfect. I drive same stretch of interstate in Florida everyday, spend tons of time in the seat as I work out of my truck. Owned many many trucks, last 7 have been gm. This truck is the nicest all around. No comparison to any other. Hopefully it stays this way, and helps you guys out.

Sorry about the double post, not sure how that happened.

Side note, road force #'s were in teens, and low 20's with the Goodyear's. Tech was impressed with the michelin's as the mounted right up, 3 tires were in single digits, highest r/f was a 13. I think tires, and alignment on these new trucks is critical.

My water bottle shakes worse then that. Its crazy. I test drove a different make truck and took the same bottle with me, no shake. Also today my truck just about stalled out at a stop sign. After stopping, I pressed the gas, and the truck about conked out. First time for this.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

I know this is somewhat unrelated, but I noticed that quality control has gone to crap even with bicycle tires. I had to return some new tires that were totally out of round. These were Kenda tires and I have been buying them for years and they were always well made. Now I am finding new Kenda tires grossly out of round, and the local bike shop owner says the same thing. Quality of bike tires has gone way down in the last five years. I bet the same philosophy has been applied to certain make car and truck tires - why bother with quality control - we replace them only if they complain. It seems that greed has taken over and it is all about max profits. What they labeled as a blem a few years ago is now a perfect tire.

Edited by pm26

Here's my quick story...and mounting evidence that my problem might be largely tire related. I had the 70 plus wobble / vibration issue and took the truck to the dealership. Two tires road forced high, and they replaced two. The ride after was a huge improvement, but there was still a bit of the original issue remaining. My problem has started to come back so today we took a ride, and for the heck of it I ran my hand across the sidewall of the two original good years...I could feel a wavy patern in the sidewall almost like belts seperating....and the two new GY has the same but faintly. I'm betting they'll get worse and and my ride will once again suffer so I'll call the dealer and will ask them to take all 4 GYs back and swap with good tires of a different brand. I really believe my issue is mostly a tire problem. While in, I have the whistle at slow speed I'll have them look at...and a rub / click sound I have when turning slow in a parking lot. We'll see...I have a warranty and will put it to use. Luckily...my dealer seems to be very responsive and seems to guenuinly care about customer problems so I dont anticipate any issues with getting this fixed.

Edited by MJFlores

Were you getting any vibration in the seat, over 70 mph? I've often wondered how much the exhaust had a role in that.

No i had no vibrations at any speed other then the hard acceleration in first gear vibration. Its just the drown with the slight vibration that came with it that went away while in V4 mode.

Here's my quick story...and mounting evidence that my problem might be largely tire related. I had the 70 plus wobble / vibration issue and took the truck to the dealership. Two tires road forced high, and they replaced two. The ride after was a huge improvement, but there was still a bit of the original issue remaining. My problem has started to come back so today we took a ride, and for the heck of it I ran my hand across the sidewall of the two original good years...I could feel a wavy patern in the sidewall almost like belts seperating....and the two new GY has the same but faintly. I'm betting they'll get worse and and my ride will once again suffer so I'll call the dealer and will ask them to take all 4 GYs back and swap with good tires of a different brand. I really believe my issue is mostly a tire problem. While in, I have the whistle at slow speed I'll have them look at...and a rub / click sound I have when turning slow in a parking lot. We'll see...I have a warranty and will put it to use. Luckily...my dealer seems to be very responsive and seems to guenuinly care about customer problems so I dont anticipate any issues with getting this fixed.

I felt the wavy pattern too! I posted about it here a couple pages back. That wavy/indention characteristic can not be good. You have an interesting theory about the sidewall pulling apart over time and that's why your newer tires feel different. I've read about these tires having sidewall blowouts for many people. Let us know if the sidewalls of your new tires start to feel different after you drive on them for a while. That may be it and these tires just can't handle the weight of the trucks. I would prefer light truck (LT) tires on it anyway.

Edited by Silverado-Hareek

I felt the wavy pattern too! I posted about it here a couple pages back. That wavy/indention characteristic can not be good. You have an interesting theory about the sidewall pulling apart over time and that's why your newer tires feel different. I've read about these tires having sidewall blowouts for many people. Let us know if the sidewalls of your new tires start to feel different after you drive on them for a while. That may be it and these tires just can't handle the weight of the trucks. I would prefer light truck (LT) tires on it anyway.

I actually had a sidewall blowout that kicked all of my issues off. I had them start looking at the vibration when I brought it to get a new tire.

You should report the tire's issues to your National Road Highway Safety Or what ever it is called.

Report it they will look into it whether the tires are safe.

These tires are not truck tires, and my truck is All Terrain model.

I would not tow anything with these car tires on my truck.

Report them, as possibly unsafe and the manufacturing issues wavevy sidewalls!

I reported mine as unsafe quality tires, unsafe to tow anything like your tv advertisement shows pulling heavy trailers.

Yeah right with these tires, will only get us killed!