As I understand it, for the warranty to be voided they have to be able to prove that the modification caused the problem. In the case of a lower/lift kit, the only way to prove they did not cause the problem is to return the truck to stock and see if the problem still exists. I'm not sure who would be willing to go down that road.......

in that case I will keep everybody updated on what they say

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

Dealer confirmed when trucks are lowered a shim is needed to removing humming/rubbing sound due to driveshaft needs to be at a certain angle..

Dealer changed my oil and roated tires. They also added air to 38psi.... Vibration was worse than ever. I took it to very reputable shop that I take all my other vehicles and had a balance done. They said they were out of balance and balanced them for me. Vibration is much much improved, but still slight vibration that appears to be coming from the rear or center of the truck. It is tolerable and I will drive it until i hear of a fix.

Overall, love the truck and would buy another one. My Nissan Titan had the same mystery vibration at 55mph (along with many other Titan owners). FYI, the Titans came with Goodyear tires. Issue turned out to be a combination of the tires and needing some shim in the drivetrain. i suspect this will be similar type issue.

Well gotta cancel my alignment......something came up at work and I can't make it. I think I'm going to hold off for a bit anyway. I'm pretty positive these Wrangler SR-A tires are garbage and causing my steering wheel shimmy. I'm going to drive on them for a few more months to get some bills behind me and save a little money and then I'm going to get Michelin's and do an alignment then. These stock tires are garbage just looking at them and feeling them. Soft rubber compound that is wearing down quickly, you can feel depressions all over the side wall, and they're passenger rated tires when these trucks should have light truck (LT) tires on them at a minimum. Anyway I'll probably upgrade the tires this fall before winter hits.

Rotate and if the vibration changes that would tell me that it is the tires.

Tires are covered by warranty, if they are crap that is on GM.

Quick question for you guys.... Is the warranty voided when we lower/lift the trucks? I am heading to the motor city West in Bakersfield CA for the vibration/humming in the rear when going hwy speeds.. Much input is appreciated

I wanted to lift mine but was waiting till the vibration is gone.

GM rep tells me that the burden of proof that the lift caused a warranty problem is on GM. It does not void the warranty.

I do not know how good it is, but Rough Country has a warranty that is supposed to cover what GM will not.

Rotate and if the vibration changes that would tell me that it is the tires.

Tires are covered by warranty, if they are crap that is on GM.

Good point I'm due for an oil change next month. I'll rotate then and see what happens. I didn't realize tires were under warranty that's good to know.

I will write a reply after my deal is over soon. Let's say 5k is a low offer, depending on state laws. A buy back is a lemon law claim, trade in assistance if the vehicle issues meet the requirements should be handled in the same way. Honestly trade in assistance cash should be on par or night than a full but back as the dealer and GM profit from the second sale whereas a buy back they do not. Certain states also require even during a lemon claim that you pay mileage and it's published. Your guys can PM me for details on how I did mine, but before you start the process first make sure your vehicle has hit the lemon statue, otherwise your buy back offer could be lower and you not have a lot to work with.

Lemon law in Louisiana states that deduction for reasonable use only applies to a refund, not replacement and it states that specifically. The dealer has been adamant they are going to deduct for depreciation, I sent him a PDF of the law and he said he would get back with the gm rep he is dealing with. I may end up getting a lemon law attorney if they stick to deducting for mileage. I shouldn't have to pay 5 grand to get a truck that works or just live with my defective one.

Edited by Aboothlsu

GM suggest this may be the cure for some vibs http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=3296

The exact thing mine does sometimes. Intermitten buzzing sound from back end. I'm going to print this out just in case they haven't seen it at my dealer. Gotta take it in for the transmission line recall this week anyway.

I work at the local GM dealership and have had nothing but problems with the '15 Sierra I had. Seat problems and the vibration issue at 70mph+. After three sets of tires...both Goodyear and Bridgestone H/L,countless road force balances,motor mounts shimmed,rear end pretty much rebuilt and two drive lines the truck still had the problem. Started at 400 miles. The dealer...my employer...said I could trade it in and they would give me top dollar... Lol! Yeah top dollar was a joke! I talked to a friend who is a attorney and he said file Lemon Law but it would take a while. Well I went down to the RAM store that I also used to work at and bought a '14 1500 crew Lonestar and I'M IN LOVE! I've had a lot of Dodges but all were diesels. The best part is they swapped me out pretty much even....I owe $111.27 more than I did on my Sierra. My dealer (employer) didn't even ask me why I went to a RAM when they saw it parked at the dealership. Tooooo many people in my area are believing the Jack ass service writers when they claim it's just because of the road or because GM has added so much payload cap to these trucks. I'd love to tell all these folks but I'm sure that would end up whith me outta a job.

I work at the local GM dealership and have had nothing but problems with the '15 Sierra I had. Seat problems and the vibration issue at 70mph+. After three sets of tires...both Goodyear and Bridgestone H/L,countless road force balances,motor mounts shimmed,rear end pretty much rebuilt and two drive lines the truck still had the problem. Started at 400 miles. The dealer...my employer...said I could trade it in and they would give me top dollar... Lol! Yeah top dollar was a joke! I talked to a friend who is a attorney and he said file Lemon Law but it would take a while. Well I went down to the RAM store that I also used to work at and bought a '14 1500 crew Lonestar and I'M IN LOVE! I've had a lot of Dodges but all were diesels. The best part is they swapped me out pretty much even....I owe $111.27 more than I did on my Sierra. My dealer (employer) didn't even ask me why I went to a RAM when they saw it parked at the dealership. Tooooo many people in my area are believing the Jack ass service writers when they claim it's just because of the road or because GM has added so much payload cap to these trucks. I'd love to tell all these folks but I'm sure that would end up whith me outta a job. I just started at the dealership 45 days ago in the parts dept...I think they offered me the job hope ing I'd just live with my defected POS truck....hahaha

Edited by Texas78
  • Like 1

So 2015s have the same problems? Good bye and good nite, GM.

I think that's a typo the '15's aren't out yet. Even if they are now with the amount of work history he's describing he would have had his truck at least a couple of months. I'm guessing he meant to type 14