If it vibrates more than the other dozen or so trucks I have owned over 37 years why should I now be putting weight in the back.

Because it is professional grade?

Edited by pm26

Goodyear tires

The engineer relayed through the GM Rep that they were having problems with the stock Goodyears. He said that the way they are made the get knocked out of balance very easily. The tires are a known issue with GM.

My issue had little to do about the tires, I had Nittos put on as part of the truck purchase. Although I had them Road Forced I had issues later. I always thought the front end felt like it dragged. I asked for an alignment at 3000 miles, GM finally agreed to do it at 12000 miles. It was out of alignment, now the tires have a bit of uneven wear.

This post gives me hope. I'm definitely going through with the alignment appointment on Friday.

Also the temperature dropped this evening and the tire pressure held around 35psi driving home from dinner.....truck felt much better. I'm really hoping it's the tires. Id rather drop the money on tires to fix it than spend the next 2 months letting the dealer throw parts at the problem and never find anything.

My vibration is about gone by throwing parts, if they will do it let them.

Ride is best if you do not exceed the recommended pressure.

I will probably go with nitrogen once I get the vibration issue resolved.

Air is air, but if it helps keep the air pressure constant I think it would help with the ride on the tires I have.

My vibration is about gone by throwing parts, if they will do it let them.

Ride is best if you do not exceed the recommended pressure.

I will probably go with nitrogen once I get the vibration issue resolved.

Air is air, but if it helps keep the air pressure constant I think it would help with the ride on the tires I have.

I (supposedly) have nitrogen in mine and I'm not impressed honestly. I don't notice any difference in performance or maintaining psi over my old truck which had air in the tires. It seems like just a gimmick to me but who knows maybe it's the tires haha

Update on my vibration issue.

Dealership decided to order a new propeller shaft (driveshaft). We will see how that works. I spoke to the service lady and she explained that warranty parts are held for 30 days then scrapped. I asked her to let me know when 30 days from the replacement was up and I wanted to take the shaft to a balance shop to have it checked out. She did not have a problem with that. Now if I can find out the residual imbalance for the shaft, I do not have a reference print to go off of. If anyone knows a tolerance, datum(s) that are used in production it would help. If not, I will just try to gather imbalance and total indicated runout.

Still could very well be the driveshaft. I was going to get mine balanced after the tires but no need now. The other truck had a brand new complete rear end installed and no change at all so I doubt it's the rear end. Put your truck in 2wd instead of auto and see if it makes a difference ? Maybe it could be shitty shocks unable to stabilize the rear end at highway speeds as well

They are actually about to repalce the shocks on mine. Front wheel bearings were not an issue as they previosuly thought. Im pursuing a buyback so I honestly dont care what they do at this point and if it fixes it. No idea what Im going to swap it for.

This post gives me hope. I'm definitely going through with the alignment appointment on Friday.

Also the temperature dropped this evening and the tire pressure held around 35psi driving home from dinner.....truck felt much better. I'm really hoping it's the tires. Id rather drop the money on tires to fix it than spend the next 2 months letting the dealer throw parts at the problem and never find anything.

Get the dealership to do it at their cost. They had an alignment done at an independent shop on mine. Also RF balanced the tires at an independent shop.

Get the dealership to do it at their cost. They had an alignment done at an independent shop on mine. Also RF balanced the tires at an independent shop.

Well it's not certain that the alignment is off or causing any problems so there's no reason they would do it for me free of charge. They road force balanced the tires last time for free, but from HDNithawk is saying that's a futile effort with these tires that constantly get knocked off balance. Plus road force balancing didn't make the problem go away completely. I think it's just crappy out of round tires.

Edited by Silverado-Hareek

For you guys who say that it's the tires, it's not. I replaced the tires on mine and the problem did not go away. I just went between stock to aftermarket back to stock and the problem continues. People should not be worried about the air pressure in their tires to stop a vibration.

For you guys that got buybacks. What did they do about mileage, did you have to pay anything out of pocket. They are telling it may be .35 cents a mile, with almost 14 k miles I'm looking at 5 grand if they do that. Also the msrp has apparently increased 1600 bucks since last October so my same truck is now 1600 bucks more.

Add whatever interest I've paid since purchase I'm poised to lose big on this deal.

Edited by Aboothlsu

For you guys who say that it's the tires, it's not. I replaced the tires on mine and the problem did not go away. I just went between stock to aftermarket back to stock and the problem continues. People should not be worried about the air pressure in their tires to stop a vibration.

Depends on the vibration though. From what we can tell there's about three different types of vibrations being described in this thread and for some new tires is fixing the problem.

For you guys that got buybacks. What did they do about mileage, did you have to pay anything out of pocket. They are telling it may be .35 cents a mile, with almost 14 k miles I'm looking at 5 grand if they do that. Also the msrp has apparently increased 1600 bucks since last October so my same truck is now 1600 bucks more.

Add whatever interest I've paid since purchase I'm poised to lose big on this deal.

Yours should only have mileage counted up until the first time it went in to the shop for the problem. So say it went in at 5k, you will only have to pay mileage for 5k. If you have a good dealer they should be able to help you even more. I wound up getting trade assistance for mine which worked out better than the buy back. They gave me nada value for my "trade" plus I got 4k from GM plus dealer cost on the new one. GM will do whatever they can to not have a buyback and would rather you trade it in so they dont have to have a branded title for reselling purposes.

Edited by hotrodz37

I would get a lawyer if I were you, I did the buy back program and they did not charge me one cent.

Get yourself a lemon law attorney that doesn't charge you but instead gets their fee from GM. An attorney will protect you from the fees the dealer tries to bs you with.