OK, thanks for enlightening me about discs/rotors not being part of the brake system.

I'll be sure to ignore the rest of your posts about unrelated issues as everyone else in this thread has already chosen to do. In your 2 argumentative posts you've already exhausted me and made me realize my mistake in responding. Good luck getting it fixed.

It's a constant vibration/shimmy in the steering wheel at all speeds. Something isn't right in the front end. Either ball joints or the tie rod or I dunno what but I'm definitely calling the dealer tomorrow to make an appointment.

This is exactly how my truck rides. Different road surfaces will effect the amount of vibration/shimmy considering same speed. Smooth/new concrete highways seems to have the worst effect. I am not sure the drive shaft/rear end could be contributing here?? The dealer road force balanced twice, and an independent tire shop as well. This had no effect. I have 18" rims on a Z-71, dealer swapped 16" rims from another truck and said it was much worse than the 18's.. Reinstalled the 18's and told drive it awhile and see.... so here I am 7k miles and shimmy shimmy shake shake. However no brake problems at all, they work rather well.

I notice sometimes when turning the wheel on uneven surfaces the software for the electric steering makes it sort of vibrate wonder if the software for the system is being too aggresive creating the steering wheel vibration? AND it makes me curious with the proximity to the thin floorboard if this is not what is being felt there too - hmmmmmmm

Took mine in for a recall check today and drove a new 2014 double cab they loaned me straight off the lot. Same shake as mine and maybe a little worse. Dealership said they had a list of 15 trucks waiting for a fix. I bet it's really more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly how my truck rides. Different road surfaces will effect the amount of vibration/shimmy considering same speed. Smooth/new concrete highways seems to have the worst effect. I am not sure the drive shaft/rear end could be contributing here?? The dealer road force balanced twice, and an independent tire shop as well. This had no effect. I have 18" rims on a Z-71, dealer swapped 16" rims from another truck and said it was much worse than the 18's.. Reinstalled the 18's and told drive it awhile and see.... so here I am 7k miles and shimmy shimmy shake shake. However no brake problems at all, they work rather well.

Yes this is exactly my problem! I don't know what could be causing it though but it's not the driveshaft or the transmission from what I can feel. And it doesn't vibrate at idle so that rules out the engine. It doesn't feel like it's the engine anyway. It's something mechanical in the front end I think.

Took mine in for a recall check today and drove a new 2014 double cab they loaned me straight off the lot. Same shake as mine and maybe a little worse. Dealership said they had a list of 15 trucks waiting for a fix. I bet it's really more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys should do a you tube review and post a link. I would love to see this in action, as I am curious to the depth of the vibrations.

I have driven three and none had the vibration issues. My soon to be replaced all terrain has 20k on it and the issues were other than vibrations. Kinda worried and hope the denali does not develop issues. I have already test driven it twice, smooth as butter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Trackermi

You guys should do a you tube review and post a link. I would love to see this in action, as I am curious to the depth of the vibrations.

I have driven three and none had the vibration issues. My soon to be replaced all terrain has 20k on it and the issues were other than vibrations. Kinda worried and hope the denali does not develop issues. I have already test driven it twice, smooth as butter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would have done a video of it, had I found a way to do it. The problem with the steering wheel vibration is that is something you feel in your hand not see. Rest my hand on top of the steering wheel you could see my fingers shaking, but that's not a good demonstration. What is really irritating was highway cruising, when you should be able to relax the vibration would keep you on edge.

I would have done a video of it, had I found a way to do it. The problem with the steering wheel vibration is that is something you feel in your hand not see. Rest my hand on top of the steering wheel you could see my fingers shaking, but that's not a good demonstration. What is really irritating was highway cruising, when you should be able to relax the vibration would keep you on edge.

Yes the annoyance of highway cruising is what I had to deal with today. I had to travel an hour away for work and you're right i couldn't relax on the drive.

And yes it is a feeling that would not show up in a video. You have to feel it yourself to understand.

I thought about holding a clear glass of water on the steering wheel to see how that translates to video.

Read what 2happyhicks wrote in this thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/152662-2014-owners-having-issues-with-their-truck/page-85

Start with post #1273.

He seems to be describing our same problem Kazaman. I'm wondering if it still is in fact the tires in our case. Here's the evidence:

1) My truck rode great when I first bought it in february.

2) It developed the vibration over time. Seems consistent with a tire wearing down and getting worse.

3) It gets worse with heat. This seems consistent with tire pressure increasing and making the problem worse.

4) 2happyhicks feels the vibration in the exact same spots....steering wheel, slightly in the pedal and seat. While I'm sensitive to it at all speeds, it is definitely most noticeable after 40+ mph.

Anyway what are your thoughts?

• Like 1

I have to be honest with you guys, it sounds like the steering wheel vibration is all road surface to me. I notice it on certain roads but not all, and if its not enough to visually see on a camera it's not balance as it would shake side to side. I can feel my finger shake and it could be the combo of the Goodyears absorbing imperfections in the road and translating them to the driver. This doesn't bother me as much, now the rear vibration on the other hand, that's a whole different beast and on the highway drives me nuts.

Read what 2happyhicks wrote in this thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/152662-2014-owners-having-issues-with-their-truck/page-85

Start with post #1273.

He seems to be describing our same problem Kazaman. I'm wondering if it still is in fact the tires in our case. Here's the evidence:

1) My truck rode great when I first bought it in february.

2) It developed the vibration over time. Seems consistent with a tire wearing down and getting worse.

3) It gets worse with heat. This seems consistent with tire pressure increasing and making the problem worse.

4) 2happyhicks feels the vibration in the exact same spots....steering wheel, slightly in the pedal and seat. While I'm sensitive to it at all speeds, it is definitely mosht noticeable after 40+ mph.

Anyway what are your thoughts?

The part one is forgetting is large tires will tame some vibration just like harmonic weights on early v8

Vibration is caused by mechanical energy being absorbed into the vehical, or road energy being absorbed into the tires into suspension to body.

Large rim size, and low profile tires would transfer energy better to the body cause of physics laws.

The tires used on these trucks might be crap, but most have what I would describe as mechanical energy vibration issues. Meaning unbalanced parts, bad machining, or design flaw issues.

Bad driveshafts, and ring and pinion issues, compounded with transmission always trying to shifting into higher gear. This causes the engine to run at low rpm and will only add to the vibration.

So in a nut shell tires might help some, but for most this will not correct the other mechanical vibrations.

• Like 1

Just another point to mention, if your tires are improperly balanced and you drive on them for a while, they will start to wear unevenly. Once they wear unevenly, you will never get rid of the vibration until you get a new set of tires. I had this problem with a set of tires before. They were never right and just replaced them after 30k miles.

How many people here complaining have never owned a truck before? Put 500lbs of weight in the bed and tell us if the vibration goes away.