I am still pretty surprised how long this thread has gone on and still nobody has taken their truck to a driveline shop to at least have the driveshaft and yokes inspected to have the opinion of a third party expert on the matter. I was in the same boat with my first truck though and was hoping they could fix it but they never could and wound up buying it back. They checked every spec in the rear end and it was all within tolerance but one thing they didn't do was the shaft. We could kill a few birds with one stone per se on whether it could be could the balance, yokes not welded on straight, or the aluminum shaft debate about it warping etc. As stated before I would volunteer mine but I have already been down the path of having my truck torn completely apart before the buyback and am trying to avoid it with the new one until I can pinpoint the issue. Thanks in advance to anyone who has theirs checked and reports back; if nobody does in the near future I might go ahead and do so. Hopefully we can fix it or rule it out completely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many miles did you have on yours when they bought it back? Ive officially requested a buyback today from GM and from the dealership owner. Awaiting to hear the verdict. Why did you go with another sierra? I told them I would consider buying some other GM vehicle but most likely not another sierra, silverado or anything else that shares drivetrain parts with these trucks. I don't want to be back in the same boat in a few thousand miles.

Edited by Aboothlsu

How many miles did you have on yours when they bought it back? Ive officially requested a buyback today from GM and from the dealership owner. Awaiting to hear the verdict. Why did you go with another sierra? I told them I would consider buying some other GM vehicle but most likely not another sierra, silverado or anything else that shares drivetrain parts with these trucks. I don't want to be back in the same boat in a few thousand miles.

I hear ya there. They bought mine back at 7k miles and honestly my thought was "what are the chances I would get 2 bad ones?" Well apparently the chances are 100%. I have a boat and the only other GM that would have done the job was the Yukon which I didn't want to spend the nearly 20k difference in price. I test drove the new one for a week though before I signed the papers and it seemed fine and since then it has shown up. Tires are all really low road force and not the goodyears so I am not sure what would have mechanically changed from then and now. That being said, from what I hear, a driveshaft vibration is more of a high frequency and what I'm experiencing feels like a tire out of balance even though I know it's not (according to 3 different road force machines). Only have the rear vibration in seats and console, steering wheel is smooth as can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by hotrodz37

I just joined the community after reading about all the vibration issues with the 2014 trucks. I also have a strange vibration in mine but not like a lot have described (at speeds 70-80mph). Mine shutters very hard when slowing down starting at about 40mph all the way to 5mph and not like a brake pulse or tires that u would feel while constantly braking or driving. I took it to my dealer that kept it for about a week and they came to the conclusion that it needed a drive shaft. So they ordered one and put it in and there is no difference. It still does it and it's getting worse, so bad that it's making things under the dash rattle. Now I did have a pair of leveling shackles on it but was told by my dealer that that's what was causing it so I took them off and it's still the same. I'm trying to find another dealership to go to to get it looked at after the last time I went to my current dealer to get my oil changed and tires rotated and they scratched my bumper and left huge greasy hand prints in and out of the truck. I have realized while slowing down I can put the truck in neutral and it will not vibrate! Hopefully when I find another GOOD dealer they can figure this out. Anyone else having this issue? Mine is a 2014 sierra sle single cab short bed 2wd.

I just joined the community after reading about all the vibration issues with the 2014 trucks. I also have a strange vibration in mine but not like a lot have described (at speeds 70-80mph). Mine shutters very hard when slowing down starting at about 40mph all the way to 5mph and not like a brake pulse or tires that u would feel while constantly braking or driving. I took it to my dealer that kept it for about a week and they came to the conclusion that it needed a drive shaft. So they ordered one and put it in and there is no difference. It still does it and it's getting worse, so bad that it's making things under the dash rattle. Now I did have a pair of leveling shackles on it but was told by my dealer that that's what was causing it so I took them off and it's still the same. I'm trying to find another dealership to go to to get it looked at after the last time I went to my current dealer to get my oil changed and tires rotated and they scratched my bumper and left huge greasy hand prints in and out of the truck. I have realized while slowing down I can put the truck in neutral and it will not vibrate! Hopefully when I find another GOOD dealer they can figure this out. Anyone else having this issue? Mine is a 2014 sierra sle single cab short bed 2wd.

That is my issue also (no high speed vibes of significance). My '14 Silverado, regular cab, short bed, Z71, 2WD, V8 shudders VERY OBVIOUSLY when slowing down between 32 and 18 MPH. It does not shudder if I put it in Neutral while decelerating. I have eliminated V4 mode and tires/wheels/brakes as likely causes. I think it is either the torque converter remaining locked-up too long or something in the transmission. It is felt in the steering wheel and throughout the entire cab. I have not taken it to the dealer yet for a variety of reasons. With less than 800 miles, it seems like a great truck otherwise but I am very disappointed in the unacceptable vibes in a $37,000 new truck...!

There is steering wheel and seat vibration, I wonder if Im now just hyper sensitive to every little bump and if it actually is normal. I would love to drive somebodies truck that says its "smooth as glass"

I've wondered the same thing and wish some of us could drive each other's trucks and compare. I think it is a possibility we're sensitive after reading this thread. Thinking back to my 2007, my passenger seat and console would shake while driving. The seat was so bad it would squeak and drive me nuts! The dealer fixed the squeak but the seat still vibrated especially over bumps. I just don't remember feeling much in the steering wheel itself but again we're talking hydraulic power steering versus electric power steering. Electric definitely has a different feel to it overall so I don't know if that's affecting things or not.

I've wondered the same thing and wish some of us could drive each other's trucks and compare. I think it is a possibility we're sensitive after reading this thread. Thinking back to my 2007, my passenger seat and console would shake while driving. The seat was so bad it would squeak and drive me nuts! The dealer fixed the squeak but the seat still vibrated especially over bumps. I just don't remember feeling much in the steering wheel itself but again we're talking hydraulic power steering versus electric power steering. Electric definitely has a different feel to it overall so I don't know if that's affecting things or not.

I felt the vibration from day 1. I then googled "2014 Silverado vibration". This thread popped up so I'm not sensitive because of this thread. VIBRATION IS NOT A NORMAL CHARACTERISTIC FOR ANY VEHICLE!!!

It sounds like some guys are willing to accept this as normal. I understand some of you are diehard GM guys and are willing to pay to have driveshafts balanced or buy new tires but maybe it is time you take it to the next level. Laws are in place to protect you from this nonsense.

Edited by Boughtalemon

That is my issue also (no high speed vibes of significance). My '14 Silverado, regular cab, short bed, Z71, 2WD, V8 shudders VERY OBVIOUSLY when slowing down between 32 and 18 MPH. It does not shudder if I put it in Neutral while decelerating. I have eliminated V4 mode and tires/wheels/brakes as likely causes. I think it is either the torque converter remaining locked-up too long or something in the transmission. It is felt in the steering wheel and throughout the entire cab. I have not taken it to the dealer yet for a variety of reasons. With less than 800 miles, it seems like a great truck otherwise but I am very disappointed in the unacceptable vibes in a $37,000 new truck...!

These sound like totally different issues. For all of the problems with mine it stops on a dime with no shudder.

I would first say warped discs but if it goes away when in neutral you may be looking at a transmission issue.

These sound like totally different issues. For all of the problems with mine it stops on a dime with no shudder.

I would first say warped discs but if it goes away when in neutral you may be looking at a transmission issue.

Did you read the post I was responding to above (Post #1596)? Same symptoms! And I have established, as noted in my post, that brakes are not the cause since...it vibrates the same when coasting to a stop.

I have been going through the buyback process and its been 7 weeks already. Still no new truck. They were shipping one from SC to NJ supposedly but that was last Wednesday no updates since them other than an email saying sorry no updates yet

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Well it's official: my truck vibrates. And it does get worse with the heat. I guess it's not really the tires. I just got back from a trip for work today driving 1 hour to the destination and one hour back and it definitely was not a comfortable ride. It does seem to be mostly in the steering wheel as the truck feels fine when you take your hands off the wheel. Anyway I guess it's time to start the drawn out process of going to the dealer a thousand times for them to throw parts at it. The truck only has 3000 miles on it. I'm really kicking myself for not listening to my gut and buying a Toyota......

It's a constant vibration/shimmy in the steering wheel at all speeds. Something isn't right in the front end. Either ball joints or the tie rod or I dunno what but I'm definitely calling the dealer tomorrow to make an appointment.

It's a constant vibration/shimmy in the steering wheel at all speeds. Something isn't right in the front end. Either ball joints or the tie rod or I dunno what but I'm definitely calling the dealer tomorrow to make an appointment.

Maybe the front driveshaft

Did you read the post I was respondingelse above (Post #1596)? Same symptoms! And I have established, as noted in my post, that brakes are not the cause since...it vibrates the same when coasting to a stop.

Yes especially since you quoted it and they are right next to each other. I was reffering to both of of them, you are BOTH having problems nobody else in this entire thread is having and I have read it all. Nobody said brakes either discs/rotors are not brakes.

Ok so I travel weekly about 8 hrs each way for work, I have 15,800 miles on mine. I have also spent a chunk of money on a new set of American Force wheels which are custom CNC machined made to be true. New set of tires and to this date I have the worst vibration I have ever felt on any vehicle in my life. I spent almost 50 grand and I feel as If I got crap for it. It's going in tomorrow. BTW this will be the second truck Chevy has given me for defects. If they can't fix this, I'm just getting my money back. This should be added to the recall GM has going!

Edited by Agacmddj1