GM doesn't put Bilsteins on any vehicle they make and Bilsteins aren't crappy either. They're one of the best shocks you can get actually.

The current Z71's come with monotube Ranchos. Everything else comes with Tennecos. Tenneco makes Rancho and Monroe shocks. I'm not 100% sure but I think the Z71's are the only shocks that are monotube design. The rest of the trucks are twin tube design.

And to answer the original question, no Bilsteins aren't available for these trucks yet. Hopefully they come out soon though.

The Corvette has Bilsteins. One other car according to Bilsteins website.

Here is a site that did a breakdown of the Stingray.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/01/deep-dive-the-chassis-of-the-2014-corvette-stingray/

Edited by HDNitehawk

It was phrased correctly. I just didn't know Bilstein had sent you their 2014 shocks and that Chevy had called you to inform you of where they bought the shocks for the High Country.

I will wait until they call me and tell me who the manufacture of the shocks really is, then claim that company makes "Crappy" shocks. Although there is no name on them and they are the same color as ThyssenKrupp's logo. Maybe that is a coincidence.

Just LOL, you must be a teenager.

Back on topic. Maybe a fix for this terrible vibration will be found.

Edited by Pinnacle

Just LOL, you must be a teenager.

Back on topic. Maybe a fix for this terrible vibration will be found.

I wish. If I were I wouldn't think twice about a vibration in my truck.

Side note to all this, about the Rancho shocks you linked I asked the same person that told me Bilsteins were on the High Country if the Rancho would work. They told me no. I called Rancho up and asked them about it, if you notice it says it will not work with the Z71. I asked them if it would work with the High Country, they tell me it will. I have put quit a bit of research in to this already as I want to smooth the ride. I intend to talk to a few 4x4 shops and see what they think. One has already told me that I would be going backwards with the Rancho's over the stock shocks on the High Country. The thing is I do not want to do any of this until the vibration issue is fixed, if I do it now it just gives GM another reason to void the warranty.

I doubt they fix most of the vibration issues. GM will just convince everyone that is the way trucks are supposed to drive. If you read all the posts you find a few that found a fix however most the problem never goes away.

And what are they if they are dark blue. No name on the shocks at all.

Pretty sure they're Monroe's. Again GM doesn't manufacture any of their vehicles with Bilstein shocks from the factory. Maybe the stingray has them but not their other cars and trucks. Edited by Silverado-Hareek

I wish. If I were I wouldn't think twice about a vibration in my truck.

Side note to all this, about the Rancho shocks you linked I asked the same person that told me Bilsteins were on the High Country if the Rancho would work. They told me no. I called Rancho up and asked them about it, if you notice it says it will not work with the Z71. I asked them if it would work with the High Country, they tell me it will. I have put quit a bit of research in to this already as I want to smooth the ride. I intend to talk to a few 4x4 shops and see what they think. One has already told me that I would be going backwards with the Rancho's over the stock shocks on the High Country. The thing is I do not want to do any of this until the vibration issue is fixed, if I do it now it just gives GM another reason to void the warranty.

I doubt they fix most of the vibration issues. GM will just convince everyone that is the way trucks are supposed to drive. If you read all the posts you find a few that found a fix however most the problem never goes away.

Are the HC shocks yellow or silver? Bilstein name on them? IF not, Doubt they are Bilsteins or GM would have the name all over them. On the Z-71 years ago they put the yellow bils on, I think. Not now.

If you want good shocks buy the Bilstein 5100s.

New driveshaft installed this morning and steering wheel vib is still there. Think I'll wait until tomorrow morning to call dealer back, this is getting frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MY update....I was having vibration at 70 plus that seemed to get worse with temperature. The dealer replaced two Good year tires I had that Road Forced highly. After the tire swap, there'a a world of difference but at this point I dont think the whole problem is solved. It's livable now so my issue seems to have been largely tire related. I cant help but wonder if I swapped the other original Good Year tires maybe the truck would ride perfect. Has anyone thought that maybe, these trucks just drive poorly? I think I'm being very sensitive to every little wobble now due to this thread, but maybe these trucks just stink. I mean, between the trans always trying to shift to a gear for the lowest possble rpm, the V4, the frame, the aluminum shaft and steering parts, and the crappy tires...maybe this is as good as it gets? I dont know...if I never saw this thread ...with the way my truck drives now I'd probably chalk it up to "it rides like a truck" and not worry. It seems like, from what I read here so far that....nobody has gone from troubled to fixed by having parts swapped out. After a year, if there was a specific problem I would think Chevy would know exactly what to swap to correct the issue...ya know? I think these trucks just drive poorly to the sensitive driver, and fine to the ones who arent as sensitive. Maybe?

New driveshaft installed this morning and steering wheel vib is still there. Think I'll wait until tomorrow morning to call dealer back, this is getting frustrating.

It looks like they should have replaced the rest of the truck around your old driveshaft.

Good News!

After a month of tire balancing,changing the wheels and driveshaft, my 40 to 65 mph steering wheel vibration is finally gone and the truck drives smooth.

Gm recommended the dealer inspect the rearend for excessive runout in the ring gear.

They found no side bearing pre-load and excessive runout from ring gear.

They replaced ring and pinion and bearings, also says something about a shim kit on paperwork.

I'm finally happy with the truck.

• Like 1

MY update....I was having vibration at 70 plus that seemed to get worse with temperature. The dealer replaced two Good year tires I had that Road Forced highly. After the tire swap, there'a a world of difference but at this point I dont think the whole problem is solved. It's livable now so my issue seems to have been largely tire related. I cant help but wonder if I swapped the other original Good Year tires maybe the truck would ride perfect. Has anyone thought that maybe, these trucks just drive poorly? I think I'm being very sensitive to every little wobble now due to this thread, but maybe these trucks just stink. I mean, between the trans always trying to shift to a gear for the lowest possble rpm, the V4, the frame, the aluminum shaft and steering parts, and the crappy tires...maybe this is as good as it gets? I dont know...if I never saw this thread ...with the way my truck drives now I'd probably chalk it up to "it rides like a truck" and not worry. It seems like, from what I read here so far that....nobody has gone from troubled to fixed by having parts swapped out. After a year, if there was a specific problem I would think Chevy would know exactly what to swap to correct the issue...ya know? I think these trucks just drive poorly to the sensitive driver, and fine to the ones who arent as sensitive. Maybe?

If these trucks just ride like crap - I would know it by now. I've put almost 3K miles on it and it still rides as smooth as bees knees. I am friggin amazed at how smooth the ride is and couldn't be happier. And looking at that post above makes me happy for him that they finally found his problem. Pumkin problem for him. Sucks for him but fantastic that they fixed it. Fecal matter happens

I would think that if adjusting tire pressure changed things, then tires are where the problem is. Temp and tire pressure changes my issue, and so did a balance. They're changing two tires out that road forced highly..so we'll see. This thread can definately get your mind going...so dont rea too much into things if you can avoid it. I will say that, these trucks are extremely rigid and telegraph every bump and road crack straight to the driver...so take that into consideration. The tech that I took on a drive felt my issue, and admitted that lately GM is asking drivers to just keep on driving to 10000 miles as they're hoping things soften up. He told me that's their offical word for several ride related issues. They pushed to get me two new tires....I'm really hoping they solve my problem.

Found out my dad's friend, who has a 2014 Z71 LTZ Crew Cab, Long Bed, 3.42 axle ratio with 16,800 miles has a vibration at 70+ mph.

Edited by Silverado-Hareek

I am still pretty surprised how long this thread has gone on and still nobody has taken their truck to a driveline shop to at least have the driveshaft and yokes inspected to have the opinion of a third party expert on the matter. I was in the same boat with my first truck though and was hoping they could fix it but they never could and wound up buying it back. They checked every spec in the rear end and it was all within tolerance but one thing they didn't do was the shaft. We could kill a few birds with one stone per se on whether it could be could the balance, yokes not welded on straight, or the aluminum shaft debate about it warping etc. As stated before I would volunteer mine but I have already been down the path of having my truck torn completely apart before the buyback and am trying to avoid it with the new one until I can pinpoint the issue. Thanks in advance to anyone who has theirs checked and reports back; if nobody does in the near future I might go ahead and do so. Hopefully we can fix it or rule it out completely!

Edited by hotrodz37
  • Like 1

Ive been wondering the exact same thing, that this is just how they are. Ive driven 3 now, mine, the loaner, and an identical z71 off the lot with 4 miles on it. They all feel about the same at speeds up to 70. There is steering wheel and seat vibration, I wonder if Im now just hyper sensitive to every little bump and if it actually is normal. I would love to drive somebodies truck that says its "smooth as glass".

One difference however is i have a vibration and noise associated with speeds above 72 that is different on mine. But if thats fixed I guess I may be ready to call all the other vibrations normal since every 2014 Ive driven feels that way.

Edited by Aboothlsu