The answer is yes, they do have aftermarket shocks http://www.gorancho.com/shock_lookup.php?cat=qll&shock_type=quickLIFT%E2%84%A2+Loaded&year=2014&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado+1500&drive=4WD&x=35&y=7

Some of the best shocks available and the adjustability is the greatest thing since sliced bread

Also, the Bilstiens are a good shocks.

The question was are there Bilstien shocks available not Rancho.

And since there are no after market Bilstiens for the 2014 yet how would you know if they are good for the 14's or not?

UPDATE on Mine:

The vibration seemed to be gone after the new rear end, front end alignment, road force balance and finally the balance of the second drive shaft with clamps.

The 40-50 mph vibration disappeared with the clamp balance. The fix lasted just over a week. The 40-50 mph vibration has returned.

I am going to take mine to a shop to check the balance and the shaft.

Maybe the clamps slipped?

Imagine that, this quality fix gone bad.

This is a replacement shaft.

How about this theory I have been kicking around. The drive shafts in these trucks are weak. There is a problem with alignment, transmission or something else that puts a bit of stress on these shafts and keeps warping them slightly. This is why some people end up replacing shafts two or three times.

I know this is a bad comparison but I had a 64 chevy years ago that was out of alignment and I continually had to replace carrier bearings, U Joints and transmissions. Maybe something similar is happening here and if I keep driving it the new rear end will eventually have vibration again.

I will let the GM Engineer know he is wrong. Thanks

Good you should because he's either dumb or a liar if he's telling you there's Bilsteins on the high country.

Actually you can crawl under the truck yourself and read the name on the shocks. If they're black then they're Tennoco. If they're white they're rancho. I bet my truck you won't see Bilstein written anywhere.

And Bilsteins are probably the bests shocks you can get for your truck. GM stopped installing Bilsteins on their trucks in the 90's to save money. Thus we get crappier shocks instead.

Edited by Silverado-Hareek

Good you should because he's either dumb or a liar if he's telling you there's Bilsteins on the high country.

Actually you can crawl under the truck yourself and read the name on the shocks. If they're black then they're Tennoco. If they're white they're rancho. I bet my truck you won't see Bilstein written anywhere.

And Bilsteins are probably the bests shocks you can get for your truck. GM stopped installing Bilsteins on their trucks in the 90's to save money. Thus we get crappier shocks instead.

And what are they if they are dark blue. No name on the shocks at all.

Imagine that, this quality fix gone bad.

This is a replacement shaft.

How about this theory I have been kicking around. The drive shafts in these trucks are weak. There is a problem with alignment, transmission or something else that puts a bit of stress on these shafts and keeps warping them slightly. This is why some people end up replacing shafts two or three times.

I know this is a bad comparison but I had a 64 chevy years ago that was out of alignment and I continually had to replace carrier bearings, U Joints and transmissions. Maybe something similar is happening here and if I keep driving it the new rear end will eventually have vibration again.

It is quite possible that in their quest to improve fuel economy they tried to make every part in the driveline lighter and went too far by making the driveshaft too thin and susceptible to excessive torsional twisting and vibration. But this would be a clear violation of design regimen that they should stick to. Driveshafts have been made for so long that their design is quite straightforward and not an art at this point.

UPDATE on Mine:

The vibration seemed to be gone after the new rear end, front end alignment, road force balance and finally the balance of the second drive shaft with clamps.

The 40-50 mph vibration disappeared with the clamp balance. The fix lasted just over a week. The 40-50 mph vibration has returned.

I am going to take mine to a shop to check the balance and the shaft.

The 2 clamps never did fix my 40-50 vibration. Edited by Boughtalemon

The 2 clamps never did fix my 40-50 vibration.

Since it did fix mine for a short time it does tell me at least that vibration is the shaft. Maybe it is yours and they just did a poor job at adjusting. It isn't hard to imagine they would do a bad job, they used clamps after all.

It is quite possible that in their quest to improve fuel economy they tried to make every part in the driveline lighter and went too far by making the driveshaft too thin and susceptible to excessive torsional twisting and vibration. But this would be a clear violation of design regimen that they should stick to. Driveshafts have been made for so long that their design is quite straightforward and not an art at this point.

I owned multiple trucks in the 90's. I had no problem with any until they had over 200K miles. I would be happy with my 93 Z71 if it had todays interior and cab sealing. GM should quit screwing with what works.

The question was are there Bilstien shocks available not Rancho.

And since there are no after market Bilstiens for the 2014 yet how would you know if they are good for the 14's or not?

Buddy, before you try and be a smart ass educate yourself.

This can be taken as in "general" after market "There are no after markets released yet".

The Bilsteins on the new trucks are EXACTLY the same shocks as from the previous generation.

I know as well as Silverado Hareek because we used them, read the reviews.

Buddy, before you try and be a smart ass educate yourself.

This can be taken as in "general" after market "There are no after markets released yet".

The Bilsteins on the new trucks are EXACTLY the same shocks as from the previous generation.

I know as well as Silverado Hareek because we used them, read the reviews.

You were being the smart ass, the question was about Bilsteins not Ranchos. You wanted to correct what I said without even reading the context or previous posts.

Read and educate yourself.

Yes there are people who have put 13's on 14's. Still there is no model Bilsteins has released for the 14's. How would you know there the same shock, you haven't seen the 14's yet.

Well mine goes back to the shop for the third time to find the vibration. They will be putting sensors on the truck to find the vibration so maybe I will get some answers in a couple of days. They already balanced the tires and rebalanced and replaced one rear tire and no change as of yet. Amazing that this happening with all the technology that these companies have that they can't find something that is shaking the truck and its definetly in the rear because the front is smooth.

You were being the smart ass, the question was about Bilsteins not Ranchos. You wanted to correct what I said without even reading the context or previous posts.

Read and educate yourself.

Yes there are people who have put 13's on 14's. Still there is no model Bilsteins has released for the 14's. How would you know there the same shock, you haven't seen the 14's yet.

Then learn how to phrase your sentence correctly. As I said, it can be persieved in the sense of the "general" after market.

There is no such thing as "yes and no" answer. You were wrong when you said these shocks are "Crappy", they are not.

READ what you just wrote here: "Yes there are people who have put 13's on 14's" enough said!!

Then learn how to phrase your sentence correctly. As I said, it can be persieved in the sense of the "general" after market.

There is no such thing as "yes and no" answer. You were wrong when you said these shocks are "Crappy", they are not.

READ what you just wrote here: "Yes there are people who have put 13's on 14's" enough said!!

It was phrased correctly. I just didn't know Bilstein had sent you their 2014 shocks and that Chevy had called you to inform you of where they bought the shocks for the High Country.

I will wait until they call me and tell me who the manufacture of the shocks really is, then claim that company makes "Crappy" shocks. Although there is no name on them and they are the same color as ThyssenKrupp's logo. Maybe that is a coincidence.