Just for information purposes, where is everyone's truck produced? is there any correlation to a plant? Mine was made in Mexico, is it also happening at the Indiana plant?

Thanks for the recap and going out of you way to give us all the details! The question is, why do some vibrate and some don't? If it was inherit in the design, all of them would do it not just a handful. It has to be bad parts etc. I still think the driveshaft is culprit and would like to see the results of going to a driveline shot and having then balance it and/or check the run out and yokes etc.

in a mechanical system there are always tolerances for every part in it and certain ranges deemed acceptable. In something with as many parts and moving parts as a vehicle no 2 will be the same. Add to that assembly methods and different plants, techs, engineers doing measurements you can have variance all over the board.

The design of the frame, engine, rear end, drive shift etc. Something is obviously too close to the limit when it comes to natural frequencies of vibration. When certain parts end up on the right end of the tolerances, and probably a combination of other factors such as assembly methods u get the vibrations showing up in some and not others.

Talking from experience in mechanical system design. I have a bachelor's in mechanical engineering and am a licensed professional engineer in multiple states.

Totally agree with the tolerances. Something is right on the edge. What gets me is the fact that my 2013 for bought back by GM for the same vibration that I now have in my 2014. So some of the parts have to be similar in the two trucks that are causing it. I might just go to an independent driveline shop and see what they say just so a few of us can rule that out if it isn't that and if it is, it's a relatively cheap fix. If anybody beats me to the driveline shop please let me know what you come up with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by hotrodz37

I'm on a staycation all next week watching my 14 week old son so Im really going to try and make it to a drive line shop sometime during the week. The tires on my truck were @ 42 lbs from the factory and I put them @ 32 & the vibration is almost gone. I still think its the shaft and maybe shitty u joints as others keep saying. I'm going to have it balanced as well as new u joints.

This is my problem also, GM not co-operating dealer is useless started legal actions to get it fixed or buy back, no more pissing around with this nonsense.

You are not alone in this, what is your build date of your truck.

Good move

Well I was talking to a family friend tonight who also has a 2014 silverado, crew cab long bed LTZ Z71, 5.3L and 3.42 axle ratio. Odometer is approximately 16,500 miles. He has developed a vibration at 70+ mph. He told me that a friend of his is a very knowledgable GM guy and that his friend told him that GM has a history of vibration problems that dates back years and that there is a specific thing to look out for if you have vibrations. He couldn't remember what it was but said he'd ask him and let me know. I plan to bug him relentlessly until I hear what this other guy has to say!

Yes and no.

The crappy stock shocks / struts on the High Country are Bilstiens.

There are no after markets released yet.

GM doesn't put Bilsteins on any vehicle they make and Bilsteins aren't crappy either. They're one of the best shocks you can get actually.

The current Z71's come with monotube Ranchos. Everything else comes with Tennecos. Tenneco makes Rancho and Monroe shocks. I'm not 100% sure but I think the Z71's are the only shocks that are monotube design. The rest of the trucks are twin tube design.

And to answer the original question, no Bilsteins aren't available for these trucks yet. Hopefully they come out soon though.

Edited by Silverado-Hareek

For what it's worth. I have test driven two denali trucks to replace my all terrain (due to other issues). Neither of which had any vibrations. I will say it was odd that the tire pressure on both trucks were set to 37-41 PSI.

Both had build dates later than 4/22. Hopefully it was just a bad batch or whatever...

Edited by Trackermi

About 12 years ago I picked up from the dealer a new Silverado for my neighbor and in driving it to his house I noticed a vibration at about 60mph. I told him about the vibration and after tire swaps, balancing, etc, etc he had Chevy buy back his truck under the Florida Lemon Law. Even back then some Silverados were called 'Shakearados'. His new truck after the buyback did not vibrate.

Maybe the U.S.Gov will have GM spend more effort to find the cause (and fix) for this long term issue:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05/17/g-m-becomes-government-motors-again.html

Yes and no.

The crappy stock shocks / struts on the High Country are Bilstiens.

There are no after markets released yet.

The answer is yes, they do have aftermarket shocks http://www.gorancho.com/shock_lookup.php?cat=qll&shock_type=quickLIFT%E2%84%A2+Loaded&year=2014&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado+1500&drive=4WD&x=35&y=7

Some of the best shocks available and the adjustability is the greatest thing since sliced bread

Also, the Bilstiens are a good shocks.

So I have been reading everyones post on vibrations. My 2014sierra has the same issue been to the dealer 4 times plus all the ridiculous recalls. They have changed my tires twice balanced once, and now I have Bridgestone tires problem still presist. Not to mention my radio goes in and out, and under acceleration the truck will on occasion choke outand jerk like hell. Has any tried to claim lemon law yet? I paid 40k for a truck that rattles worse then my 02 with 498 k on it. Just not satisfied I have no choice but drive it now with18, 000 vibrating miles on it. I wish they would give me another to try again..

So I have been reading everyones post on vibrations. My 2014sierra has the same issue been to the dealer 4 times plus all the ridiculous recalls. They have changed my tires twice balanced once, and now I have Bridgestone tires problem still presist. Not to mention my radio goes in and out, and under acceleration the truck will on occasion choke outand jerk like hell. Has any tried to claim lemon law yet? I paid 40k for a truck that rattles worse then my 02 with 498 k on it. Just not satisfied I have no choice but drive it now with18, 000 vibrating miles on it. I wish they would give me another to try again..

GM doesn't put Bilsteins on any vehicle they make and Bilsteins aren't crappy either. They're one of the best shocks you can get actually.

The current Z71's come with monotube Ranchos. Everything else comes with Tennecos. Tenneco makes Rancho and Monroe shocks. I'm not 100% sure but I think the Z71's are the only shocks that are monotube design. The rest of the trucks are twin tube design.

And to answer the original question, no Bilsteins aren't available for these trucks yet. Hopefully they come out soon though.

I will let the GM Engineer know he is wrong. Thanks