Well correction. They just called me back and said the exhaust is off my truck waiting on the new exhuast, so I guess I wont be driving it before the new exhaust is in.

Did they give you an ETA of when they might have the new exhaust in? Thanks!

Tech couldn't feel the vibration, had me drive a similar truck on the lot - felt nothing but smoothness. Ordered a driveshaft for it (I'm doubtful after reading 90+ pages).

I feel like I'm repeating the same crap as everyone else, this should get interesting real quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let us know if its an aluminum or steel replacement. Mine was 2 diff part #'s and both were aluminum. I believe they're on their 3rd design now.

Tech couldn't feel the vibration, had me drive a similar truck on the lot - felt nothing but smoothness. Ordered a driveshaft for it (I'm doubtful after reading 90+ pages).

I feel like I'm repeating the same crap as everyone else, this should get interesting real quick.

That's BS that the tech couldn't feel it. He's flat rate. He makes crap working on a vibration issue.

When I went for a ride with the tech, he tried to say it was normal. He also let out an audible sigh indicating he's not interested in a vibration. If there's no vibration , why do these dealerships keep throwing all kinds of parts at them. Don't let GM brush you aside!!

A little update on my story..

Heres my original post: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153186-shake-or-vibration-issues/page-91

But if you want the jist of it now, Vibration at highway speeds, dealership in my home city said no vibrations at all, planned on taking it to another dealership 45 minutes away that said thats not right.

So monday came and went by and I took my truck to the dealership. When I got there I explained to him that I am absolutely positive that there is a vibration in my vehicle because I've had a rattle "fixed" multiple times and it is fixed until I hit the highway for about 20 minutes. So I took the service manager and a service rep for a test drive, had them both sit in the backseat for a little bit just to hear this rattle in my passenger seat. Once it was established that my truck indeed did have a rattle I brought the manager up in the front seat.

We hit the highway and thankfully the passing lane of the highway has been just redone, so it was completely smooth. Once we got on there the manager noticed that the vibration was clear and so did the rep in the back seat.

So they decided to look at it, they took it for their own test drive afterwards ruling out the engine and drive shaft. Leading really only the tires left. So today they took of the tires, and tested other ones of different sizes and different makes. The vibraton was still there.

They proceeded to take out other trucks straight from the lot and test drive those, which they say the vibration is still there even in those trucks and its just the "characteristics" of these type of trucks. Even though when I test drove these when I bought one (tested about 5), there was no vibration. So I am headed to the dealership to test drive 3 from the lot and if there is even one without a vibration, they are keeping it until its either fixed or decide to give me my money back.

I will keep you all updated on it!

P.S I am really starting to get pissed of at this and I have a feeling if I take out a truck without vibration I am going to get a response something like this "I guess it's only a few trucks that have this type of characteristic"

Edited by Paicer

Where were they built? It would be interesting if the ones at issue all came from the same plant. I don't think they are all made at the same plant but I could be wrong.

Same story been there and this is what you have to do. You have to ride with the tech on a road you already tested. Tell him to hold the wheel and feel here, go down this path this direction. You have to hold his hand and rub his nose in the crap. Then you might get results. If you let them do the test drive they find nothing.

Then they might admit to it.

Just a side note, this is not 90 pages of problems. It's 90 pages of communication about problems. Yes for sure an issue but I bet there really in only about 5 pages of actual problems. The rest is the I between communication.

Just the way I see it. I don't have any vibration issues and have 19k miles

My screen shows 100 pages. I think you missed a few.

This thread is as much about getting GM to take ownership of the warranty problem as it is about the vibration itself.

If they took care of the problems quickly and efficiently there wouldn't be 20 pages and no complaints.

By the time you convince GM you have a problem a person is already PO.

It is a very negative relationship.

Well my exhaust is in and installed. No change to the vibration or the noise in the cab. Service manager called me for the first time and was driving it. Asked me again to explain the issues because he wasn't sure what they were chasing. I guess he hasn't been involved at all. He almost made it sound like he was ready to say there's nothing wrong with the truck. He also said the alignment is definitely out. He's taking it to and independent shop tomorrow for and alignment and new tires.

I've officially made the loop and am back to tires. I let you know when drive shafts and rear ends are being replaced again.

I'm trying to get the sales manager on the phone to discuss a buyback, I get the feeling after the alignment they will be ready to say it's fixed and in spec.

Same story been there and this is what you have to do. You have to ride with the tech on a road you already tested. Tell him to hold the wheel and feel here, go down this path this direction. You have to hold his hand and rub his nose in the crap. Then you might get results. If you let them do the test drive they find nothing.

Then they might admit to it.

You should of heard some of the BS the tech was first saying.

"I couldn't feel the vibration. I'm betting it's the nature of the beast. These trucks are so sensitive to the road, you feel everything. "

That last one had me good. My camaro feels everything in the road, not the truck. Of course another hilarious thing is the whole time he is explaining to me why the vibration isn't in the driveline (only feel it in steering wheel, no other vibration, blah blah blah) - we get back to the lot and he says "I'm thinking driveshaft." I had to hold back a laugh, your telling me you spent ten minutes defending why it's not in the driveline to turn around and tell me you think it is?

I'll drive the damn thing through the showroom floor if I don't like the outcome of this!

You should of heard some of the BS the tech was first saying.

"I couldn't feel the vibration. I'm betting it's the nature of the beast. These trucks are so sensitive to the road, you feel everything. "

That last one had me good. My camaro feels everything in the road, not the truck. Of course another hilarious thing is the whole time he is explaining to me why the vibration isn't in the driveline (only feel it in steering wheel, no other vibration, blah blah blah) - we get back to the lot and he says "I'm thinking driveshaft." I had to hold back a laugh, your telling me you spent ten minutes defending why it's not in the driveline to turn around and tell me you think it is?

I'll drive the damn thing through the showroom floor if I don't like the outcome of this!

Just some advice, take it for what is worth which may not be much. If they are still willing to work on it and think it is the drive line, let them keep trying and complain here. Maybe they will get it fixed before they give up. At least he didn't get out of the truck and say they were done. That day may come.

I started a thread a while ago to see if there were any commonalities of the trucks with the vibration issues. After reading this thread from the beginning it is apparent that it stems pretty much all cabs, rear ends, and 2 or 4wd. I am wondering if it affects certain build dates. Mine and another were built in Aug 2013. I am wondering if some of the sourced parts had a bad run and could be concentrated to certain build months. If you would like, you can post in the thread below so we don't derail this one and see if we can gather some more info.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/158003-Build-Date-Options-of-Trucks-with-Problems

Well my exhaust is in and installed. No change to the vibration or the noise in the cab. Service manager called me for the first time and was driving it. Asked me again to explain the issues because he wasn't sure what they were chasing. I guess he hasn't been involved at all. He almost made it sound like he was ready to say there's nothing wrong with the truck. He also said the alignment is definitely out. He's taking it to and independent shop tomorrow for and alignment and new tires.

I've officially made the loop and am back to tires. I let you know when drive shafts and rear ends are being replaced again.

I'm trying to get the sales manager on the phone to discuss a buyback, I get the feeling after the alignment they will be ready to say it's fixed and in spec.

I'm interested to see how the alignment works out for you. My truck is going in tomorrow and I'm going to have them road force balance the tires. I've been wanting to get an alignment as well per my side mechanic's advice. I still come back to tires causing my vibration since correcting the pressure helped reduce my vibration problem. But I've been wondering why there was no vibration back in February and now after 2700 miles it's showing up. I'm thinking if the alignment is bad maybe the tires are wearing in a way to cause a vibration that's just showing up. I've also wondered why some trucks have the problem and some don't if they're all built to same/similar specs with regards to the design and dimension of parts and the assembly. But the alignment could be out on some trucks. My front tires seem to be wearing on the outside but not the inside. If the alignment is out and you fix it, the tires would still have worn unevenly and need time to wear correctly so the vibration may not go away immediately if you do an alignment. Has anyone here done an alignment and also given the truck a few hundred miles to settle down?

Anyway I'm rambling but these are all the thoughts and observations I've been going through. My gears keep turning on this one.....