Just got the truck back from having the torque converter, transmission fluid and filter replaced. No more shudder while driving on the highway. Nice and smooth now. They performed the service per GM Bulletin PIP5337 even though I have a 2017 and the bulletin covers 2010-2016 MY.

Edited by Towerhog

Just got the truck back from having the torque converter, transmission fluid and filter replaced. No more shudder while driving on the highway. Nice and smooth now. They performed the service per GM Bulletin PIP5337 even though I have a 2017 and the bulletin covers 2010-2016 MY.

Glad to hear it's fixed waiting for mine to get the vibration 2016 with 3,000 miles rides smooth like butter as of now.I had a 2014 Silverado rode smooth and had a 16 Gmc loaner for a few weeks no shake.

Unfortunate that some can't get it fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am of the group that has no shake 15 rcsb 5.3 4 wd. It has to suck for those that have shake and vibration issue. It really is a mystery to me why GM has not figured it out for those with the issue . Dealer not getting it is one thing but christ lets get real......take some of them shakers and strip that bitch and toss parts and it until you get it done . Its GM for christ sake take it to the bare frame if ya got to. 3 3 model years and some consumers still going thru it ???????

"All the GM1500 trucks do it." I'm sure there are hundreds, of the many,many thousands built in the last three years, but "ALL"?

Yes, ALL. You read it on the internet so it must be true.

On that note, I've never been in one that didn't vibrate at 73 MPH. Still waiting for someone out there to offer me a ride in one that doesn't. And i want a ride back too lol

Dropped my 17' sierra off this morning for its first free oil change at 3k miles. I told them about the 72 mph shake. Service writer nodded his head and said that it is a known issue with the driveshafts. He said they would take a look at it and maybe run a pico sensor on it if they have time today. He said they can make a separate appt for the driveshaft check later. I walked away happy that they acknowledged the issue without immediately saying it was the tires. I replaced the LS-2's at 300 miles with duratracs.

They didnt call me at 5 to say the truck was done so I will need to see what they found tommorrow.

Edited by Bikemobile

Dropped my 17' sierra off this morning for its first free oil change at 3k miles. I told them about the 72 mph shake. Service writer nodded his head and said that it is a known issue with the driveshafts. He said they would take a look at it and maybe run a pico sensor on it if they have time today. He said they can make a separate appt for the driveshaft check later. I walked away happy that they acknowledged the issue without immediately saying it was the tires. I replaced the LS-2's at 300 miles with duratracs.

They didnt call me at 5 to say the truck was done so I will need to see what they found tommorrow.

Change of tires work in your favor? Thinking about changing mine. Curious to see what they do about the vibration, I have a 17 Sierra as well.

The stock tires shook pretty bad but I could feel the classic tire balance shake with those.

The duratracs seem to flat spot a bit but it goes away fairly quickly. Otherwise i just get that side to side wobble at 70 mph that wont go away.

Not sure if I'll ever buy them personally, kind of on the fence of a 2500. That's why they're sitting in my wish list lol. If I were to buy them then yes I would install them myself. Doesn't look like much to it. As for the compressor you would want to mount it where it will stay relatively dry with good air flow and not get too hot, not many places on a truck for that, considering the engine bay gets quite hot lol. I'm sure any off road shop would be more than happy to install them, hardest part I think is running the lines for a compressor and the compressor wiring

Well rdnck, been doing my homework, think I'm going to go with the Air Lift Ultimate 5000 with the wireless compressor. The wireless is really neat, like the ability to adjust while driving down the road, especially at night to adjust headlights and the ability to stand off to the side after hooking up and visually level the truck. During my calling around for a shop to do the install I came across one that promoted the Firestone system, said its what the big rigs use and was superior to the Air Lift, any knowledge about the Firestone system? Btw, while in utube watching a video about installing the Air Lift (took video guy 18 min's, ha ha!) a video about the 2017 2500 6.6L/445 hp/910 ft lbs appeared so I watched it too. Quite the beast, wonder why GM didn't just go ahead and win the race to 1,000 ft lbs torque for pickups? Would have taken just a little extra tinkering I'm thinking. Anyway, if I had a valid need and a business where I could write off the truck I think I might just jump on one. Btw, thanks again for the tip on Air Lift, gonna tell my wife it's what I want Santa to bring :)

The stock tires shook pretty bad but I could feel the classic tire balance shake with those.

The duratracs seem to flat spot a bit but it goes away fairly quickly. Otherwise i just get that side to side wobble at 70 mph that wont go away.

When was your truck built? Mine was built 08/16. I'm going to drive mine a bit longer before I take it in, my shake or wobble isn't too bad. Don't have much faith in the dealership.

Big surprise, get the truck back and they tell me that the tread on my duratracs is causing the vibration. The did not test it above 65 mph and the result is "no mechanical concern."

I will be making another appointment to address this specifically. They said they have dealt with out of balance and bent driveshafts on these before but no attempt this time.

In the end I may go to a driveshaft shop and have mine trued like 07softail had done.

Big surprise, get the truck back and they tell me that the tread on my duratracs is causing the vibration. The did not test it above 65 mph and the result is "no mechanical concern."

I will be making another appointment to address this specifically. They said they have dealt with out of balance and bent driveshafts on these before but no attempt this time.

In the end I may go to a driveshaft shop and have mine trued like 07softail had done.

Tell them if the duratracs cause the vibration, why are they on the Silverado midnight edition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I thought about that but this is a really small dealer. I dont think they have sold any midnights or all terrain X's yet. Either way they are wrong! These duratracs are the smoothest, quietest a/t's ive ever owned!

Had my truck in for the Air Bag Recall, and mentioned my vibration is back........they did a Road Force Balance to solve it a month or so ago. They said they would do a PICO Test, and had 2 Techs working on the truck, and they would need the truck for two days (one Tech said "I've seen this before....likely the Differential" ). 6 hours after I drop off the truck, they said they did a Road Force Balance (again), and the vibration falls within specs....whatever that means.....picking it up this morning and returning the Traverse loaner (Thank God !)....we'll see.

They did another Road Force Balance and a PICO Test was within limits afterward. They did the same balance not too long ago.....Tech found one wheel had a mix of old and newer weights.....six of them on one wheel :shakehead: