LED 921 Reverse & Cargo Bulbs

Thanks Mike. I've read like every thread and I'm so confused because I've read them so many times. ill re-read the thread.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I installed the vled reverse lights and they are huge compared to stock and much brighter. Not sure if it's worth the upgrade though. It's still not enough light.

I also ordered the Vled license plate that is due out next month, hopefully they deliver on the 3000+ lumens. I'll post pics one I get it. post-132522-14081862641_thumb.jpg

post-132522-14081862641_thumb.jpg

I installed the vled reverse lights and they are huge compared to stock and much brighter. Not sure if it's worth the upgrade though. It's still not enough light.

I also ordered the Vled license plate that is due out next month, hopefully they deliver on the 3000+ lumens. I'll post pics one I get it. attachicon.gif20140814_200115.jpg

Hmmm. Very interesting. You'll have to post some pics of the output and do a review for us all when you get it! Looks like a very easy but extremely useful mod if it works as well as they claim

Mike, I will post pictures and a write up once I get the plate installed.

3000 lumens is a lot, I really hope they deliver on that claim.

I plan to hook it up to the reverse lights and a switch. I'm not really keen on drilling holes in my truck yet....so we'll see where the switch goes. Do you know if they make a push button switch that just mounted to the end of the wire?

Mike, I will post pictures and a write up once I get the plate installed.

3000 lumens is a lot, I really hope they deliver on that claim.

I plan to hook it up to the reverse lights and a switch. I'm not really keen on drilling holes in my truck yet....so we'll see where the switch goes. Do you know if they make a push button switch that just mounted to the end of the wire?

Do you mean one that would stick on to somewhere? I have a great place to put a switch and hide it for those people who have a center console. I will post a picture soon tonight. Also I went ahead and ordered the same light as you!

Hmmm. Very interesting. You'll have to post some pics of the output and do a review for us all when you get it! Looks like a very easy but extremely useful mod if it works as well as they claim

Looks like I am going to return the VLED fogs to get another license plate frame for the front bumper. The fit on the VLED fogs are horrible and I rather save $60 than lose it once the housing fills with water or it falls off because I drove over a speed bump.

The license plate frame from VLED is 3500 lumens, and $125 with the current discount, it's cheaper and hopefully just as bright as fogs!

Also, the reverse lights from VLED are pretty good. I don't regret getting them. If you want something brighter than these, you'll have to get fogs. The cast from the lights is wider and whiter than stock. If you need/want a more focused beam or brighter work lights get fogs or the license plate frame from VLED.

I'll post pictures and a write up once I get them both in hand.

Looks like I am going to return the VLED fogs to get another license plate frame for the front bumper. The fit on the VLED fogs are horrible and I rather save that $60 then lose it once the housing fills with water or it falls off because I drove over a speed bump.

The license plate frame from VLED is 3500 lumens, and $125 with the current discount, it's cheaper and hopefully just as bright as fogs!

Use the discount code 10OFF will save you 10%

Use the discount code 10OFF will save you 10%

I just tried to use the code and it didn't let me, said it was not valid code for the product.

I used the code: PREORDER. Total came out to be $134 after shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

Adding some info to this thread. I had a pair of Retro Solutions 921 LED bulbs from the cargo lamp in my 2012 and threw them in my 2015. Terrible. Very spotty and blotchy. I had put it in the garage and checked them on the door when it was closed and the design on the reverse lamp is what killed them. Just put a set of V-Leds in the other day, will have to take some shots. Haven't had a chance to test them in the dark yet but against the garage door, they work ALOT better with the lens.

I know this might seem like a silly question seeing as how I've replaced lights all over my truck but is there a certain way to remove the cargo lights? I'm turning it counterclockwise but for the life of me I can't make it budge. I feel like I'm going to snap the connector.

Archived