LED 921 Reverse & Cargo Bulbs

Ordered two here (Qty. of 4), look great

No offense to Audioi's choice, but I strongly recommend you do not buy those. They look whiter (therefore better) but actually barely put out as much light as stock bulbs (if not less).

Arkenzo - make sure you read this topic from the beginning. Members, including myself, have covered their specific findings about color/brightness/vendors/pricing of the different available bulbs (including the VLED's and Samsung 2323's).

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have been meaning to. Just had a lot going on at night when the pics can be taken. I can say I had them on the other night in the driveway along with the cargos and I had very strong and easily useable light up to 40 ft away. After that there was still useable light but not as strong. Effects of the lights could be noticed up to about 80 - 90 ft. But at that point you had to be that far from the truck. Wouldn't notice it if you were standing at the light source

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you order your 921 cargo lights again? Wouldn't mind doing this upgrade.

Total 4 for cargo light and reverse lights correct?

Thanks!

Got mine from eBay. Paid $30.99 per set (2 bulbs per set). They arrived earlier than they were estimated. And I'm happy with the purchase all around. Just haven't had time to get the pictures to post here. And yes you would need 4 total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkysemaja4.jpg

a2epuvyq.jpg

Okay so finally, as long promised. I got the pictures. I changed out both of the bulbs for the pictures to give a full sense of each type. Best I could do about the wall was put a shirt on a car. So I got a white tshirt and draped it over the other car. Distance between shirt and light source, about 27-30ft. Would've put it at 20 but didn't want to start up the engine and wake the neighbors with my magnaflow haha.

Here are the stock halogens. ebahu6eg.jpg

Wall shot of halogens:

ynana8a7.jpg light did not travel far past pic frame.

Now here are the LEDs:

gu7ubeby.jpg6ymapame.jpg

Also here is one with both the reverse and cargos on

ezu6anu6.jpg

They're definitely a lot brighter than stock and seem like they're brighter than VLEDs... though also looks like "zebra-effect" is more pronounced than with the VLEDs.

I'll try to duplicate your close side brick wall pic tonight for a better comparison.

Just purchased http://www.ebay.com/itm/351009093833 and http://www.ebay.com/itm/330619289742 , will post back with my results when they arrive :X Excitement!

That looks like what I have in both my cargo and reverse. I think you will be very pleased with the results, I know I am!

Ok.. got my 921 LED's installed, so I'll recap my findings.

DDM - In the 2014 reverse housings, they produce less light than the factory bulbs. This isn't to say they're not decent bulbs... it's just the new trucks use a diffuser in reverse glass that hampers all LED's performance.

Bosen (sold on eBay as "Samsung 2323") - When used as reverse bulbs, the output is slightly more than stock but b/c of the diffuser they cast zebra-stripes on ground and objects behind. When I put them in the center cargo light's clear housing, they worked great. Put out a lot of light, especially behind the truck. So I don't recommend them for 2014 back-up bulbs, but they're good bulbs for 2014 cargo lights.

V-LEDS - These use virtually the same type/quality of LED as the Bosen but b/c these have 15 versus Bosen's 10, the V-LEDS perform much better as reverse bulbs. Light output is significantly more than stock and, while the zebra-effect is still present, it's not as noticeable. Of the three sets I've tried, I can only recommend the V-LEDS for 2014 back-up replacements.

Can you provide a link to the ones that work for a Sierra? I get confused on the VLED website.

Yeah, stay clear of "SMD" LED's. The Cree SMD's are good quality but are an older LED design and don't have much output. They're better suited for interior bulb replacements.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Secured by torx bolts on taillights ans cargo light I discovered today when trying to install my LED's....I don't own torx wrenches yet. Ugh! Atleast I got the license plate and fog light LED's in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Archived