LED 921 Reverse & Cargo Bulbs

Hey guys. Looking at buying the following for both cargo and reverse. Anyone try these yet?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00K3GBRQ2/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_MR..vb6DGD4C5

Thanks.

That's what I put in mine. My 1st set had an issue,Amazon sent me a brand new set and they have been great! I did both my truck and my wife's truck.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

That's awesome ! Thanks for the info. Just ordered them.

You happy with yours?

I'm trying to decide between those and the Philips 921 bulbs that are available at Amazon for $23/pr.

You happy with yours?

I'm trying to decide between those and the Philips 921 bulbs that are available at Amazon for $23/pr.

Ya I'm happy with them. Light output is close to double the stock and they look good. They do have some ribbing. Price is right though!

Ya I'm happy with them. Light output is close to double the stock and they look good. They do have some ribbing. Price is right though!

Ribbing?

I purchased the vleds 921 bulbs and they suck. Only 500lm. Looking for better

Ribbing?

I purchased the vleds 921 bulbs and they suck. Only 500lm. Looking for better

You know how the tail light housing has a rib pattern to it? It is visible in the light projection. Stock bulbs you can't really see this.

You could try these! A bit more expensive but I haven't had a single issue with mine. Have had these almost as long as I have had the truck.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=351009093833

They are very bright!

Ordered a pair of these up today as the shipping to Canada is brutal from Vleds.

• 2 weeks later...

You must but back up with your truck, ever!

Not really sure what that's supposed to mean? These light up the area behind my truck in the backup camera far better than the stock bulbs...are you seriously trying to tell me that's not the case?

Not really sure what that's supposed to mean? These light up the area behind my truck in the backup camera far better than the stock bulbs...are you seriously trying to tell me that's not the case?

That's exactly what I'm saying. I have vled 921 bulbs and they suck. They look bright, but they don't project outside bc our trucks have diffused lenses over the reverse bulbs. If the lenses were clear like previous generation trucks, vled bulbs would be great. These reverse lights don't even light up my driveway. I have a 130' driveway I have to back down, so I back my truck up every day.

But if you live in a neighborhood or a city with street lighting, you would prob think these lights were good.

That's exactly what I'm saying. I have vled 921 bulbs and they suck. They look bright, but they don't project outside bc our trucks have diffused lenses over the reverse bulbs. If the lenses were clear like previous generation trucks, vled bulbs would be great. These reverse lights don't even light up my driveway. I have a 130' driveway I have to back down, so I back my truck up every day.

But if you live in a neighborhood or a city with street lighting, you would prob think these lights were good.

I live in rural area and have a 60' driveway I have to back as well, plus where I park. These lights are brighter than stock, and light up the rear camera area very well. They arent super bright, but they are twice as much as stock.

I live in rural area and have a 60' driveway I have to back as well, plus where I park. These lights are brighter than stock, and light up the rear camera area very well. They arent super bright, but they are twice as much as stock.

Agree 100%. I don't live in a well lit area (zero street lights) and the VLEDs are way brighter than stock. Irish's one dissenting opinion shouldn't sway anybody from buying them because they're good bulbs....I guess as with any other mod, ymmv!

Archived