LED 921 Reverse & Cargo Bulbs

I know this might seem like a silly question seeing as how I've replaced lights all over my truck but is there a certain way to remove the cargo lights? I'm turning it counterclockwise but for the life of me I can't make it budge. I feel like I'm going to snap the connector.

Keep turning. It's a bitch!

Sent from my iPhone

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I have just purchased vled's Cargo and License plate lights, both are 6k I am wondering how do I remove the third brake light and how do I instal the cargo lights. I know that they are just replacing the bulb but I'm not sure how to get access to them. This is my first chevy and first truck. It's the 2014 chevy silverado. Please let me know and if you have any pictures that would be great.

Thank you very much!

I have purchased these and they work great! because they are very close to the base of the socket just like the halogen ones, the light distribution is perfect. They provide slightly brighter than stock with a blue-ish tint - looks sick unlocking the truck at night!

I know this might seem like a silly question seeing as how I've replaced lights all over my truck but is there a certain way to remove the cargo lights? I'm turning it counterclockwise but for the life of me I can't make it budge. I feel like I'm going to snap the connector.

I just tried to put mine in... i was in your same boat. I swear i was going to break them. Well I'll try again tomorrow got to cold and dark out i hope the reverse one's aren't as hard

I just tried to put mine in... i was in your same boat. I swear i was going to break them. Well I'll try again tomorrow got to cold and dark out i hope the reverse one's aren't as hard

Reverse aren't difficult at all. But the cargos can be a real PITA.

Just got my 921 lights from vleds and all I can say is they are bright! I got the license plate lights and the cargo lights. If you have any questions about them let me know

e6d189c673a2b4390512d0756f59aeca.jpg

98b0234de8d34e2625bb079c731b666b.jpg

I got some of the same ebay cargo replacements that a lot of guys are posting:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360821459566?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Installed one and made sure it worked and it looked great compared to stock. Then I installed the 2nd and put everything back in place. When I made the lights come on again, the first one was no longer bright but the 2nd one was. Pulled them back out again and switched them around, tried one at a time, etc. For some reason, the one bulb just doesn't have much output now. It very dimly lights up.

To me that doesn't sound like a blown fuse anywhere, since they'd both be completely out (I assume). I contacted the seller and he's going to refund me $5. It would probably cost more than that to ship it back to him for a replacement...oh, and I'd have to wait another month to get the replacement. I'll just buy more from someone in the states and try again.

I got some of the same ebay cargo replacements that a lot of guys are posting:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360821459566?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Installed one and made sure it worked and it looked great compared to stock. Then I installed the 2nd and put everything back in place. When I made the lights come on again, the first one was no longer bright but the 2nd one was. Pulled them back out again and switched them around, tried one at a time, etc. For some reason, the one bulb just doesn't have much output now. It very dimly lights up.

To me that doesn't sound like a blown fuse anywhere, since they'd both be completely out (I assume). I contacted the seller and he's going to refund me $5. It would probably cost more than that to ship it back to him for a replacement...oh, and I'd have to wait another month to get the replacement. I'll just buy more from someone in the states and try again.

You could try these! A bit more expensive but I haven't had a single issue with mine. Have had these almost as long as I have had the truck.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=351009093833

They are very bright!

Those are also located in China, so I didn't want to wait potentially another month like my first set. I went with 4 (cargo and reverse) of these for my 2nd try:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171427294113?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

At least I'll have a replacement bulb on hand if I need one.

Those are also located in China, so I didn't want to wait potentially another month like my first set. I went with 4 (cargo and reverse) of these for my 2nd try:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171427294113?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

At least I'll have a replacement bulb on hand if I need one.

They say a month but I have ordered from them twice (3-5 days after I ordered my reverse lights I realized that I didn't order a second set for the cargos). Both sets came in after only 2 weeks. Much faster than the estimated shipping time.

Archived