Iridium Metallic paint review

I was originally going to order a Quicksilver AT package truck, but recently had the chance to see the AT in iridium metallic. I'm wondering if anyone has owned or does own a vehicle in this color that can speak to it's ability to keep clean, swirl marks / scratches, etc.

I was originally going to order a Quicksilver AT package truck, but recently had the chance to see the AT in iridium metallic. I'm wondering if anyone has owned or does own a vehicle in this color that can speak to it's ability to keep clean, swirl marks / scratches, etc.

Looked at one that color yesterday at local dealer. I would think it would be a little better than black, but its pretty dark. I think i'm going to go with the silver myself.

Man, I tried to tell myself the same thing with my car. "OH WELL, it looks so good in Ebony, Ill just wash it more"

As a clean car freak, Wont fool myself again. Very dark colors will always be a maintenance chore.

Edited by SnakeEyes 325is

I've only owned white and the Silver birch metallic. I did see the 2013
Iridium Metallic on an Acadia I believe, and it looked great. I have
not seen it on the 2014 Sierra yet. I'm either going Summit White or
Iridium Metallic. We do know darker colors ar toughest to keep clean, but
boy does it look good! If the price is right, I just may pull the
trigger.

• Like 1

I've only owned white and the Silver birch metallic. I did see the 2013

Iridium Metallic on an Acadia I believe, and it looked great. I have

not seen it on the 2014 Sierra yet. I'm either going Summit White or

Iridium Metallic. We do know darker colors ar toughest to keep clean, but

boy does it look good! If the price is right, I just may pull the

trigger.

silver hides the dirt very well.

I have had only one truck this dark grey color (in those years it was called Storm Grey Metallic) and it was more wok. I really like the charcoal color and have had about three trucks that color but it was the lighter Greystone Metallic. They were very easy to look after!

Well, I did it! Just got home a couple of hours ago with an Iridium Metallic SLT All Terrain! So far, I'm really liking the color...will be removing the pin stripes (sigh) and dealer decal tomorrow with pics to follow.

Well, I did it! Just got home a couple of hours ago with an Iridium Metallic SLT All Terrain! So far, I'm really liking the color...will be removing the pin stripes (sigh) and dealer decal tomorrow with pics to follow.

Congrats! Be sure to take some pics before and after pin stripe removal. Also please post pics of your truck in sun and shade. A lot of us want to check out that color.

• Like 1

These are not the best pictures, and I only got one with the pinstripes (while at the dealership). The first two shots are when it was unloaded from the truck.

All in all, I really like the color. The 20" AT wheels are a great match with Iridium. It looks somewhat different in various lighting conditions. Most of the time it's a deep gray, but other times you get the hit of the red fleck making it slightly purple (but not exactly purple). The only downside I've found about the AT package, and it's minor, is the lack of cooled seats. It was damn hot today in Oklahoma!

photo 1

photo 2

photo 3

photo 4

photo 5

photo 6

photo 7

photo 8

Edited by RHTSooner
  • Like 1

So you opted for the chrome bumpers also? I don't think it's an over abundance with the iridium.

now if I could just get that exact truck only in a double cab... should be 5 more weeks!