HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

I'm curious would an Ltz headlight fit on on Lt Silverado? And did you open yours up to upgrade the projector?

Yes they are a direct replacement. And no I was able to do it all without opening the housing. I'd love to see pictures of that headlight of yours though Edited by corwest

post-136175-142453289324_thumb.jpg

I have rigid duallys with the diffused lenses in the high beam. The low beam is morimoto mini h1 projector. Matte black Apollo shroud I believe. Paired with morimoto h1 6000k hids 35w. Output is amazing. Lenses are painted to a legal tinted shade of black. I have led demon eye glow in the lenses. Plus I have halos all hooked up to a wireless remote.

attachicon.gif2015-02-21 09.32.39.jpg

I have rigid duallys with the diffused lenses in the high beam. The low beam is morimoto mini h1 projector. Matte black Apollo shroud I believe. Paired with morimoto h1 6000k hids 35w. Output is amazing. Lenses are painted to a legal tinted shade of black. I have led demon eye glow in the lenses. Plus I have halos all hooked up to a wireless remote.

Looks good. Who did the work?

• Like 1

I don't get it, but I know some people just want things as cheap as they can find them even when putting them on these expensive trucks. Well, I don't have that, but I do have pictures of a very quality part at a very reasonable price. I did the blue because I wanted to test out the color ones and it's really not that much extra. Plus if it is seen it will match my truck. This one however will be the hidden one by the air filter. I might do a matching one later just because it is nice.

DSC5713

DSC5712

DSC5711

DSC5710

DSC5709

DSC5708

DSC5707

DSC5706

Edited by Crf450r420
  • Like 2

I don't get it, but I know some people just want things as cheap as they can find them even when putting them on these expensive trucks. Well, I don't have that, but I do have pictures of a very quality part at a very reasonable price. I did the blue because I wanted to test out the color ones and it's really not that much extra. Plus if it is seen it will match my truck. This one however will be the hidden one by the air filter. I might do a matching one later just because it is nice.

When I saw the first two pics Man, I seriously thought you were being sarcastic when you said "cheap as they can find them"...only because I thought that was a racquetball you cut in half lmao!! Looks sweet bud hope it fits nicely!!

-Skeet

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I've read through quite a few pages(enough to make me more and more confused at how this works). I was on the fence with buying the DDM HID kit, then read a few posts of dissatisfied customers/wait times, so I decided against them. I did however like the results of the Morimoto projectors from one of the first post. I'm wondering if anyone will be able to send me in the right direction to find a good projector and a good 6000k kit w/ cancellers, that may be an upgrade from the original stuff that was posted on here a year and a half ago. There must have been some advances since then....

Hey guys,

I've read through quite a few pages(enough to make me more and more confused at how this works). I was on the fence with buying the DDM HID kit, then read a few posts of dissatisfied customers/wait times, so I decided against them. I did however like the results of the Morimoto projectors from one of the first post. I'm wondering if anyone will be able to send me in the right direction to find a good projector and a good 6000k kit w/ cancellers, that may be an upgrade from the original stuff that was posted on here a year and a half ago. There must have been some advances since then....

yea this thread IMO has become cluttered and almost needs to be separated back into 2 different threads. One for the Silverados and one for the Sierras. If you are looking for real improvement then your best route is to go with 50W HIDs in a new projector. I know that Fastheadlights has created a bracket that will take all the guess work out of installing an FXR, but not sure if it will work for another projector. As far as what projector is best, that is all up to personal opinion. I personally am planning to put in a FXR 3.0 since its supposedly the best all around (this is just what I have heard. I have not compared different projectors in person by any means).

In all honesty, DDM isn't that bad. Its just if you order direct from them you may wait up to 2 weeks, you could also call one of their warehouses here in the states and get it within a week. However ppl have had issues with both the morimoto and DDM HID systems. I haven't seen anyone have an issue with their HIDs if they got a full retrofit though, but these trucks don't seem to like just a regular ole HID kit

you can find new projector systems at theretrofitsource.com

I think I remember someone posting up pictures of different beam patterns produced by different projectors

• Like 1

Post 901 i did it without the adapters from fast but recommend them as I have a set I'll be putting on mine soon. That post and my pictures will help. I have made extended caps, but some think the price is to high. It's just they are so big and complicated they can't be made on an at home printer. Have to thank Jon A who makes the Sierra caps for looking over them and confirming that before I bought a printer.

Post 901 i did it without the adapters from fast but recommend them as I have a set I'll be putting on mine soon. That post and my pictures will help. I have made extended caps, but some think the price is to high. It's just they are so big and complicated they can't be made on an at home printer. Have to thank Jon A who makes the Sierra caps for looking over them and confirming that before I bought a printer.

Could the design of them be modified slightly to be more like Jon A's caps. I know his have a dome shape to them. Not sure if that would allow an at home printer to print the caps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could the design of them be modified slightly to be more like Jon A's caps. I know his have a dome shape to them. Not sure if that would allow an at home printer to print the caps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. If made like his the stock projectors wouldn't clear anymore or they won't be able to fit on the truck because they will hit the core support. Going to make some changes and hope to cut a couple dollars off, but the half price the other guy is thinking is not reality unless we get a group buy going for 200 sets to make them just like the stock ones.

Edited by Crf450r420