HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

I have recently bought a HID low beam kit for my 2014 Silverado 1500. I can't seem to get the lights to come on at all. When I revered the polarity of both lights nothing happened but when I just reversed one light they work other then blowing up the code cancelers. What would I be doing wrong if I have everything hooked up light and they aren't working but the work with one light is reversed polarity?

Best to do a test connection and power them from the battery without the trucks wiring. If they don't work that way you need to fix the HID kit. If you are flipping something in that system and get one to work, then try it on the other also. Once you have the kit working on it's own try signaling them with the trucks wiring. Try to do it in steps and complexity as you go to figure it out.

Best to do a test connection and power them from the battery without the trucks wiring. If they don't work that way you need to fix the HID kit. If you are flipping something in that system and get one to work, then try it on the other also. Once you have the kit working on it's own try signaling them with the trucks wiring. Try to do it in steps and complexity as you go to figure it out.

Found out the problem was in m ground. When I reverse the wiring it found out. When I had the ground hooked up right they wouldn't work because the truck was throwing an error code with the cnacelles blown up.

Ok so my project is almost ready.

New OEM housings are being shipped to my shop and once they arrive I can get started.

Non-AFS RX350 Projectors with custom curved cut-off shield and STI-R lenses

Philips 85122 WX Ultinon 6000k bulbs

Morimoto 50w ballasts

As well, I'm working on a plan to replace the LED accent strip with XML-T6 emitters..

Here's an example of those LEDs running max current:

510227585_573.jpg

New OEM housings are being shipped to my shop and once they arrive I can get started.

Morimoto 50w ballasts

As well, I'm working on a plan to replace the LED accent strip with XML-T6 emitters..

510227585_573.jpg

So you are going to have the actual headlights plus the DRLs acting as headlights? This question sounds really dumb if you take it out of context.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morimoto 50w ballasts

510227585_573.jpg

Where did you get the custom shields for the RX350?

So you are going to have the actual headlights plus the DRLs acting as headlights? This question sounds really dumb if you take it out of context.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha no it's just an example of the power of the LEDs. I just want them for the color temperature so they match the 6000k phillips bulbs better. I'll PWM them down to a reasonable brightness.

Well my other cap was suppose to come today, but didn't and I don't know why because USPS tracing is only half a step better than it was as the pony express. If I track it, there are two pieces of useful info. Would be three but the fact that the shipment was created was already apparent since that is how you get the tracking number. One, it has left where it was coming from and two, estimated to deliver today. They will update it again after I've opened the package but that is like the creation info, uselessly late. I can't stand dealing with them.

Edited by Crf450r420

Yeah it all depends what route you go. Mine was this: replica ltz housings ($375), RX-350 BiXenons ($200), Mitsubishi Gen IV Ballasts ($200), and Philips 85122+ D2S bulbs, ($100). That however gave me a fantastic setup and no real need to touch the high beams due to BiXenons nice high beam performance. Wouldn't look back in my case I love it.

I'm curious would an Ltz headlight fit on on Lt Silverado? And did you open yours up to upgrade the projector?